main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Archive: Scotland' started by Miso_Jace, Jul 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miso_Jace

Miso_Jace Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2007
    First impressions of the new Clone Wars movie?

I must say I like the look of it.

2. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Looks great. Us Northerners are going to see it at the cinema together and then have a BBQ afterwards. You guys in Scotland should do something similar ;)

3. I_AM_GEEK

I_AM_GEEK Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 5, 2004
    Looks good hopin for more of this

[image=http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc70/Geektechboy/11324775880049od.gif]

4. Lizardmonkey

Lizardmonkey Jedi Master star 2

May 21, 2002
    IAG and MJ - Genndy Tartakovsky is off the movie (he's the, well essentially, the visionary behind the Cartoon Network shorts) this is partially due to the new 3D series moving to CN's rival, Nickelodeon, after the movie. Spokespeople for the 3D film said Lucas didn't find things like Mace WIndu taking on a whole army of Super Battle Droids believable and wanted the 3D movie to be more in keeping with the films. All a bit of a mess. As a result 'The Dark Crystal 2', a project Tartovsky was helming after Lucasfim bought the movie rights from Henson Associates, is no more, Tartakovsky walking off the project.
    What seems to be happening - with an animated movie of the Classic Trilogy now rumoured - is that, with animated versions of characters, creatures and vehicles, Lucas can, as with Disney, completely own the likenesses of his creations. This seems to have the hands of Lucasfim lawyers over it, rather than completely Lucas's intention.
    That's the, slightly depressing, skinny on the new animated film - which I will still go and see. Oh, just one more thing, it will have the Warner Bros. logo at the start instead of the 20th Century Fox logo and music. Not nice for original fans, but Lucas made the move to express distaste at Rupert Murdoch (who owns 20th Century Fox). He nearly did this with the prequels (Dreamworks were put 'em out) but was persuaded not to, to make the saga fit, stylistically.
    Anyway, on a Glaswegian note, this opens at the same time Glasgow has its Memorabilia fair. So I'll be off to that then go see this.

5. Miso_Jace

Jun 1, 2007
    We should maybe make a night of it, does anyone know the exact release date?

6. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    August 16th I believe.

7. Miso_Jace

Jun 1, 2007
    Would anyone be interested in meeting up, going to see it then going for a few drinks or something to eat or something like that?

Doesn't have to be the exact release date I suppose if it's a difficult day for anyone.

8. MrDankDonk

MrDankDonk Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2001
    bugger it, lets those of us who can go on release day, do so.

some sense of event to what has so far been something of a low-key SW development

drinks beforehand would perhaps be a good idea too. just in case its baws...

9. Miso_Jace

Jun 1, 2007
    Sounds like a good idea, plus there hasn't been a meet for ages. If it turns out to be guff we can always go drinking.

10. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Now that's a FanForce meet ;)

11. Miso_Jace

Jun 1, 2007
    :D

12. JED1

JED1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 1998

Apart from the lack of a Subway! [face_laugh]

13. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Well, if you fit it in there somewhere down the line... :p

14. Miso_Jace

Jun 1, 2007
    It can be done, we may need something to soak up the booze hehehe.

15. MrDankDonk

Mar 28, 2001
    Clone Wars opens on Friday 15th August.

waiting to see if Cineworld will do their traditional Thursday midnight geek preview, as they did with all the prequels...

but maybe this one isn'y a big enough fuss to get special treatment.

I'll pop in and ask next time I'm passing (seeing as I work next to it, this will not be difficult)

But ASSUMING it starts Friday 15th, who wants to meet in a city pub beforehand and definitely NOT bring plastic lightsabers, helmets or too much bad 'im a jedi, me' patter?

16. MrDankDonk

Mar 28, 2001
    there are lots of whistles and bells on the official site at http://www.starwars.com/clonewars/site/index.html

17. Miso_Jace

Jun 1, 2007
    I'm up for that, I get paid the same day (15th). This however means that I won't be able to do the midnight showing the previous night.

18. Went to see the film this morning, great fun! And in a lot of ways, better than Episodes 1,2 and 3 lol!

19. Miso_Jace

Jun 1, 2007
    I found it to be pretty good too, entertaining and visually interesting at least.

20. ekimnotslar

ekimnotslar Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 24, 2007
    Greetings Scotland SW fans! I hope you don't mind if I jump in- I just realized that I can talk about SW stuff with other fans across the globe (and my group is not online today for some reason:rolleyes: ). I thought Clone Wars was great, and my kids loved it (Ethan LUKE age 7 and Rylee age 8). It did seem to be 60% directed to a younger audience, but that just keeps the dream alive.

Any of your group read any of the Clone War era novels? I read them all twice and really enjoyed them. I like all the "space" George Lucas ceated in the storyline for earlier characters. My kids have all seen the first two Cartoon Network Clone Wars movies around 20 times, so they were really excited about the Clone Wars feature film in theatres.

Forgive me if I intruded, but the novelty of connecting with SW fans so far away was to tempting to resist. I'm glad to hear you have a fun group there. Very interesting to see the language differences. May the force be with you!

21. Miso_Jace

Jun 1, 2007
    There has been no intrusion sir, glad to hear your thoughts, and what an excellent middle name your little one has! :D

22. ekimnotslar

ekimnotslar Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 24, 2007
    Indeed! and little Ethan LUKE loves his Star Wars too. Told me he was my padawan and I was his master he did. Strong is he in the force (for only 7). He has a hard time with Anakin becoming Darth Vader, but that sure helps me explain life's struggles and making good decisions too him. Puts things in an easier perspective, comparing good vs. evil. And then humanizing the evil so he realizes ANYONE can do what Anakin did. And also that Anakin/Vader was redeemed by his son later on in life. Hmmmmmmm.... fascinating concept there ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.