CLONE WARS:

Discussion in 'Spokane, WA' started by Raph1613, Aug 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raph1613 Force Ghost

star 4
    It has been suggested that something be organized for the premier.

Post comments, and we'll see about getting on it.

Move fast, though. It's coming up pretty quick.
  2. Corrunhorn Jedi Padawan

I would love to get together at the premiere at Northtown Mall or Riverpark either one big clone wars fan
  3. The_Cheeser Force Ghost

star 3
    http://www.fandango.com/starwars:theclonewars_114457/movietimes?date=8/14/2008

Northtown is doing the Thursday night midnight showing.

Does anyone know anyone at the theater and can find out how they are going to handle early arrivers?

4. Raph1613 Force Ghost

star 4
    Okay, that's three of us so far. Not including non-member family type critters.

I'll feel serious about this when we get six. I'll feel excited if we decide to do it in costume.

Usually the NorthTown AMC is the choice. Though not exactly centrally located, the parking is much less of a nightmare.
  5. -JediClone- Jedi Master

star 2
    I am interested in going.

But not in costume.
  6. the_black_smudge Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'll go if I can. It depends on my job/jury duty schedule, and i probably won't know until that day
  7. Dark_Jedi_Nasman Jedi Master

star 1
    Unfortunately I will not be able to go unless it was on a Fri, or Sat...
  8. JarusSarn Jedi Master

star 4
    I think Kelli and I can come, I'll even be willing to throw on my Corran Horn costume.
  9. The_Cheeser Force Ghost

star 3
    Currently fandango is not listing any AMC times for thursday night or friday, but I am sure they will do a midnight. And I agree with Alfredo that AMC is the better theater.
  10. Raph1613 Force Ghost

star 4
    Okay. That puts us at 6. Maybe 8.
    It looks like we are a go!
    Mason, since you seem to be following Fandango, please keep me informed when you know anything definite.
    I'll start making preliminary calls to our other members tomorrow.

On A Side Note:
    MASON: I recently came across some information about that modular lightsaber that you have. It's not put together the way we thought it was. DON'T DO ANYTHING TO DISASSEMBLE IT!
    We'll talk soon.
  11. mightyd4 Jedi Knight

star 2
    John, join the 501st and myself at the CDA!! yes close to home theater for the midnight showing!

Regal Cinemas Riverstone 14
  12. The_Cheeser Force Ghost

star 3
    Oh, thanks! I was actually thinking about looking at that this weekend. Whew!
  13. JarusSarn Jedi Master

star 4
    so do we want to do CDA or AMC? Or two separate groups.
  14. The_Cheeser Force Ghost

star 3
    Well I think that generally we should promote a Spokane theater, but obviously the Spokantina is bigger than just Spokane. I know that I won't see it in CDA, so I don't see any problem with people having a choice if they would rather check out CDA's theater.
  15. Darthchromer Jedi Knight

star 1
    They are also having a costume contest at CDA.

Minus the 501st
  16. Eledaia Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hmm...(kelli wonders if she can justify entering contest)...I'm not officially part of any Star Wars costume group...
  17. Darthchromer Jedi Knight

star 1
    Here's the thread on it. I beleive lightning comics is putting on the costume contest. He will try to hold it in the Theater this time but they held it outside last time.

I don't think it is only Star Wars costumes, but it is a SW premere.

http://www.garrisontitan.com/theboard/index.php?topic=2998.0
  18. Raph1613 Force Ghost

star 4
    * sigh *

So how many does that leave us for the local "event"?

Also, is the Premier Aug. 15th at midnight, or is it Aug. 14th at midnight?

Due to a work schedule SNAFU, I've been unable to call anyone since I get off work way too late to call.
    Mason and Eric, it looks like one or both of you will need to call people. Sorry about that.
  19. -JediClone- Jedi Master

star 2
    Personally I dont see the big-screen 'premiere' of a few TV epsiodes to be worth dragging the CDA dwellers over to Spokane (or worth the gas money). I was surprised to learn at SpoCon that there would be a midnight showing at all.

Have fun seeing it wherever.
  20. Raph1613 Force Ghost

star 4
    Uh, Chris, I think you might be slightly misinformed regarding the content of this movie:
    It is an independant creation only sort-of associated with the Clone Wars mini-cartoons that were aired on Cartoon Network. In some of the trailers, it almost seems that Anakin has a padawan of his own, etc.
    New "movie" altogether. All digital.

21. The_Cheeser Force Ghost

star 3
    I called AMC and they won't have their schedule until Tuesday. Weird. They also said that if they were doing a midnight showing, they probably would have had advanced notice. So we won't even know until Tuesday.

So, if people want to go together, the midnight (the midnight at the end of the 14th) we should meet somewhere Northtown. Suggestions?

Chris, this is exciting to some people, but not to everyone, like your self. It is the launch of the new tv cartoon, but it is done cinematically. The movie is its own independent story arc that introduces new characters as well as the series in general. Sam Jackson and Christopher Lee are voicing their characters for the movie, but not the rest of the series.

Also, no "dragging" is implied. You can enjoy where ever and when ever you want, if at all.

UPDATE

I just called Northtown and they said that they will have a line ready all day, but they don't think it will start filling up until ten. They also don't have a certain number of screens set to show it, they will open up more screens as they fill up. Also, when I asked she said they had not sold out any yet. So the best way to stay toghether will be buying them at the same time. If I get an accurat number of people (and an aggreement to repay ;)) I'll get them on my way home monday (If I get the head count in time.)
  22. sith_master_raze Jedi Knight

You mean Ahsoka. If this is any indication, this film is going to turn what we think we know of Anakin on its head.
  23. the_black_smudge Jedi Knight

star 3
    I won't know for sure if I can make this until Thursday night, I'll get in touch asap if I can make it
  24. The_Cheeser Force Ghost

star 3
    Well, I think we are a bit informal on this one, so why don't we keep this simple. Why not have whoever is first among us save enough seats for the theater? As people arrive, find which of us is closest to the front and let them know how many people you brought with you. Good enough?

btw: I am getting my tickets today, and I am dressing up and bringing my lightsaber.
  25. Daramin_of_The_Way Jedi Master

star 4
    Take pictures.
    I didn't realize the premier was coming up so soon.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.