main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by LBJ, Aug 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Ok. So, am I seeing an official Meeting for the WA Fan Force?!?!?

[image=http://i533.photobucket.com/albums/ee336/starwarstroop/DSC00591.jpg]

I'm seeing more than three people there and its looking social......

HELP ME OUT HERE PEOPLE!! I don't want your boards to die!! I want the Oceania Region to thrive and grow!!!

2. LBJ

LBJ Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 12, 2004
    Thinking about this further there are numerous star wars related events going on and have done this year.....for example kausty's clone wars screenings with costumes, 501st attendence etc. I myself went along to watch Clone Wars at that cinema, there was also the Supernova convention which while mostly comic related (yah comics!) did have a star wars presence and lastly every 6 - 12 weeks there is the nexus fair in Victoria Park, I pretty much go to every nexus and there is always HEAPS of star wars stuff for sale there...generally action figures/statues/comics etc.

3. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Well, we have a start then! You need to post the events here to allow others to attend as well, and get some conversations going again, not silence for days and days (sometimes over a week or more). Not one person posting daily, all of you talking like a slow MSN convo or something. Its happenening slowly now but the meets are the big thing...

Some rules I have found and posted in other FF to give them the idea. Its not really that difficult, and it seems you guys are doing it but not talking about it! So start talking, posting and elect a new CR and we might be able to save the FF WA!!! PLEASE!!?!?!?! [face_praying]

What is Fanforce?
    FanForce is the physical, grass-roots extension of theforce.net's global, online presence. We're about getting fans together and helping them meet and interact with other fans in their "physical" community. Conventions, movie screenings, book signings, etc., can all be a part of the Fanforce experience. If a local a group of fans just wants to plan their own event, then Fanforce can be the place to do it!

What is the difference between the TFN Jedi Council Forums and the FanForce Forums?
    TFN Jedi Council Forums are for any and all discussions pertaining to the Star Wars universe, and then some. FanForce Forums, an extension of the Jedi Council, is used by all TFN and Star Wars fans to meet fellow like minded folks in their local, physical community. The FanForce Forums are an online tool for fans to get together, discuss, and plan outings and events in their community.

4. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    Don't remember getting voted out as the old one..

I stopped checking when I was the only person to comment in a month of visiting... nm..

5. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Unfortunatley when a CR does not post for a certain amount of time without a good reason (ie Im overseas, Im in hospital, etc) they are automatically demoted. If you guys are attempting to save the WAFF, then you need to say the above was an official WAFF meeting, have two more in the next few months and start posting more. I might be able then to re instate you Stinky. ;) If thats what the rest of the group want.

6. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    Fair enough, I figured that was the case.

I don't mind either way. Honestly I don't visit outside our little area.

Guess we're going to Lan going for Force Unleashed (if it even has MP), that could be counted as a meeting I guess..

7. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Yes!! Of course it can, you are going to get it as a group!! Sounds like it, just post it and see if anyone else is interested in joining you...thats all you have to do!

The Clone Wars movie, well, looks like there were more than three people there....so its a meet in my humble opinion ;) :D Positive thinking!!

Now, organize another meet! Lunch on a Sunday, Dinner Sat night, Coffee or drinks after work, or a trip to the footy together! Something! :D

8. LBJ

Oct 12, 2004
    If LAN's count we've had about 3 or 4 xbox 360 LAN's that Stinky has organised this year alone!

The next nexus fair is in about 6 weeks as well....

9. Master_Kaustin

Master_Kaustin Jedi Youngling star 3

May 17, 2002
    There doing a big Force Unleashed premiere thingo at Reading Belmont.. so that would be cool :)

10. LBJ

Oct 12, 2004
    Can you elaborate on that a little kausty? Is it like a game launch thingo?

11. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Well as I mentioned elsewhere I'll be moving back to Perth at the end of the year. Those of you who have been around for a while will rememeber how many meets we used to organise. Had quite a few at our place. If you guys can keep it going until then I'll be able to jump back in. Just haven't been able to from 600km away. :)

12. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    Hmm, sounds interesting.. more details!

13. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    I'm bound to make a few trips to Perth by years end, so if any meets are planned for the rest of the year I'll try and manouvere my calender to suit.

There are still some people I'm sure I never met.

14. Master_Kaustin

May 17, 2002
    Thats all i know at the moment about it, the 501st are involved somehow!... but yeah its for the game release and supposedly they will be playing it on the big screen and making a big deal of it.

15. jabbathenutt

jabbathenutt Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    hello,
    i am from the SAFF, and i am wondering who that custom Mando is in the photo's???
    is he a 501st or one of you guys??

16. Master_Kaustin

May 17, 2002
    His name is Jacob... hes quite funny :) hehe i got some classic photos of him in the costume and he is a part of the 501st i think, but I dunno if that costume has been approved yet or not.. actually come to think of it i think hes still finishing it

17. jabbathenutt

jabbathenutt Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    is he on these boards as well??
    i was wondering if he is going to or if he already is a member of the Mandalorian Mercs??
    and i have some gloves that would make a nice addition ;)

18. LBJ

Oct 12, 2004
    Behold!

http://au.tv.ign.com/articles/902/902918p2.html

Scroll down a little and you shall see the news......Clone Wars begins on 3rd October!

(in the US of course).

But that's sooner then I thought. [face_dancing]

19. LBJ

Oct 12, 2004
    Just went to Game Traders at lunch and there are flyers for this all over the store. I think it was the 16th September, it's running from 9.30pm - 1.00am. They are doing demo time trials which if you win you win a free copy of the game, there are trivia competitions, hourly prizes, and various competitions etc.

20. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    I'd better hurry up and get my butt down to the local cinema to see the film then, so I can see if the show is worth watching.

21. LBJ

Oct 12, 2004
    You have about a month!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.