main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary Clone Wars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by nobodyfresh, Aug 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nobodyfresh

nobodyfresh Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2007
    Saturday at Dragon*Con is usually one of the busiest, and this year proved no differently for the "Star Wars" track. Cartoon Network sponsored Steve Sansweet of Lucasfilm Fan Relations, who answered questions from fans, including the all important "when and where is C5?"

According to Sansweet, Lucasfilm is look at 2010 for Celebration 5 and are looking at locations in the midwest and eastern United States. No specifics were given, but he did indicate not to expect any announcements soon.

Also fans were treated to a new full episode of the upcoming "The Clone Wars" series. Fans applauded the episode involving Yoda accepting a challenge from Asajj Ventress on Toydaria. =D=

A new preview of Force Unleashed was also screened for the fans, including some unseen clips that left us drooling for more. A new trailer will debut on Cartoon Network this Sunday (Aug. 31) at 8:00.

2. nobodyfresh

nobodyfresh Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2007
    http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/clonewars/

Clone Wars TV Spot Video!!!!
    Must See!!!
    Plo Koon speaks!!!

3. Dooks

Dooks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Saw the trailer and it was amazing this show will be great star wars every week get excited!!!!!.

4. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    OMG! Trailer was wicked!!! Plo Koon's voice is....interesting to say the least. Definitely not what I was expecting. But then again, not sure what I was expecting :p

The animation looks even more impressive - October can't some soon enough!! TCW ROCKS!!!

5. ShatirLavan

ShatirLavan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2005
    I so wish I was there in Atlanta! Have fun Greg.

6. Rusted_Halo

Rusted_Halo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2008
    awesome trailer.. i guess i thought that Plo Koon would have a bit of a muffuled voice but anywho can't wit til oct 3rd

7. TapeTrooper515

TapeTrooper515 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 5, 2007
    Oh WOW! I haven't been this excited for the Clone Wars since, well, the last time I saw a new trailer! And once October is here, we get more every WEEK!:D

8. DrHaggis

DrHaggis Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2004
    Dragoncon was great! I got a chance to catch up with Jeremy Bulloch, and I checked out some of the new costume licences. Jake Lloyd was there and interesting to talk with. He swears that this is his last Con, but I guess he always says that.;)

I didn't get as many pictures as I would have liked, but I have some great shots to share when I return. [face_dancing]

9. Obi_Wan_Cody

Obi_Wan_Cody Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2007
    Mon Cal Jedi, Y wings and Asajj...
    Best trailer ever!!!

10. Thoneon

Thoneon Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 2007
    ok so when does it show up hear because i know for a fact that i don't have the cartoon network or can get it in town unless i have a us satellite. so when do we get to see it

11. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    It's on CBC in Canada.

12. Dooks

Jul 5, 2005
    Actually it will be CTV as it will be shown in both regular and hi-def which is gonna look crazy good. HOW MANY MORE DAYS!!!!!!!!.

13. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    CBC thats what I meant.

14. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    Yeah great trailer, I would have thought as well his voice would have a greviosness' to it perhaps due to the o2 mask, but well I suppose they didn't think it was a huge difference.

15. DrHaggis

Sep 7, 2004
    More teachings from Yoda. This is going to be sweet.

16. StacyD

StacyD Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 6, 2006
    Little bit of interesting business I never noticed before, but have you noticed Yoda's tendency to refer to Anakin only as 'Skywalker'? Might there be some lingering suspicion on the part of our favorite green Jedi Master?

Can't wait for this show, absolutely can-not wait. This is the Star Wars cartoon we've been waiting for.

~StacyD

17. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    I think he's just following the military tradition of calling people by their last names. It is WAR after all o_O

18. StacyD

StacyD Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 6, 2006
    True, but he refers to General Kenobi as 'Obi-Wan' in each one of their dealings together. I don't think I've seen Yoda refer to Anakin by anything other than his surname in either the films or the micro-series.

I dunno, it just struck me as interesting. I'm weird like that. [face_chicken]

~StacyD

19. ShatirLavan

ShatirLavan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2005
    I think that's because Obi-Wan is more of a friend to Yoda, and closer to being an equal than Anakin is. Anakin is still just the hotheaded kid who thinks he knows everything. Plus, Obi-Wan is a master, Skywalker is not.

20. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    That's a valid point Shawn - Obi Wan and Yoda are Jedi Masters. And Anakin was made a Jedi Knight just after the Clone Wars began. It seems rank plays an important part in the Order as well as the military.

21. DrHaggis

Sep 7, 2004
    For those that don't know, DragonCon is a huge Science fiction/Fantasy/Comic/Pop culture convention. It is also the largest yearly gathering of Star Wars Fans.

This year had some great guests: David Prowse, Jeremy Bulloch, Matthew Wood, Ray Park, Peter Mayhew, Daniel Logan, Steve Sansweet and in a rare appearance, Jake Lloyd. There were several Star Wars authors there too, like Kevin J Anderson and Rebecca Moesta.

For reference, here was the list of Star Wars Programming. http://www.mattersoftheforce.org/schedule08/

I don't have all my pictures up yet, but stay tuned for some great video of Ray Park dancing at the party we attended. You won't look at a lightsaber the same way again.

22. DrHaggis

Sep 7, 2004
    Video of Ray Park with a Lightsaber at the Wolfpack party we attended last weekend. At the end Daniel Logan comes in and stops him before he goes any further.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/drhaggis/2832701656/

Enjoy!

23. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Ugh...I did not enjoy that. In fact, it kinda spoiled my view of Ray now [face_worried] Poor light saber! To be abused so...

24. DrHaggis

Sep 7, 2004
    I don't make the news, I just report it. [face_monkey]

25. Dooks

Jul 5, 2005
    Most likely some adult sodas could of been involved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.