Clone!

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Wolf3118, Oct 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wolf3118 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Could Palpitine be a clone of Sidious or Sidious a clone of Palpitine?

EDIT: Try here
  2. Jedi Daniel Force Ghost

star 5
    Here we go again!

Palpatine and Darth Sidious are the same person.
  3. Wolf3118 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Are you really really really really really sure that they're not clones as well?
  4. merlin Force Ghost

star 4
    [color=663300]Yeah, this discussion has been beatin to death, but you can't blame a newbie for bring the topic back up. It is an interesting topic.

Ok, here's my problem with how GL has shown Sid and Palp. Throughout both movies, GL has shown Sid and Palp as two different people. I mean, it's OBVIOUS to anyone with a brain that they are played by the same actor. And in the plot line, they are working towards the same goal.

But why hasn't George shown them to be the same person? Why couldn't we just see Palps put the ol cloak on and become Darth Sidious?

A huge surprise the size of Vader's paternal moment in ESB has not happend in the PT so far. With GL's track record of repeating themes in the PT from the OT, I wouldn't be surprised if this is the plot point he chooses to unleash a huge surprise on.

I'm not saying I think that they are clones, but I dunno. It just doesn't make sense to try and hide Sid's identity when it's obvious to everyone he's Palpatine. [/color]
  5. ForceMaster101 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I've always known they were the same peeps!
  6. arrowheadpodracer Force Ghost

star 5
    it's obvious to everyone he's Palpatine

Its obvious to us. We're posting on a Star Wars fan board.
    I saw both TPM and AOTC with "non Star Wars fans" and I asked them about this. They had no idea what I was talking about. "Wait, the senator guy is the guy in the hood? That doesnt make sense."

Palptine being Sidious is already going to be a shocker for most people. The head good guy is the main bad guy.
  7. hew Force Ghost

star 4
    What arrowhead said. It may be obvious to us, but not to many of the casual Star Wars fans.

I'm talking about the people I overheard during TPM wondering if Anakin was a younger Luke, or the couple who only figured out halfway through AOTC that Anakin will turn into Darth Vader. [face_plain]
  8. Peregrine7 Jedi Knight

star 1
    After watching TPM I considered that it would be a surprise for Sidious and Palpatine to be different people, simply because it was quite obvious (to me, a long-time Star Wars fan, at least) that the set-up was that they are one and the same. The idea of them being clones (or one being the clone of the other, whichever) never occurred to me, though, as I did not pursue how such a surprise might play out. The clone idea, though strikes me as ludicrous. (It also smacks of the EU, of which I am not a fan, no offense to those who are.)

In the end, I am readily accepting of the idea that Palpatine and Sidious are, indeed, the same person, no cloning (or twins) involved.
  9. Ghost_Jedi Force Ghost

star 5
    It just doesn't make sense to try and hide Sid's identity when it's obvious to everyone he's Palpatine.

Once again what is obvious to us is b/c we have entered the drama 1/2 through the telling, and are only coming back now for the first half of the showing. just think how interesting Usual Suspects would have been without scene involving the coffee cup drop (don't want to spoil it for those who haven't scene it).
    What GL wants is when people show thier kids, they do it 1-6, and not 4-3. If it is done this way, the Vader parentage would not be the shock, but that Sid=Palp. Thus those who see it for the first time, and do so 1-6 will be shocked at Sid's true identity, and not Vader's.
  10. DarthDrew Jedi Master

star 4
    AHHH!! AHHH!! I'VE GOT IT! THIS IS THE ANSWSER!

BOTH of them are clones. The real original person is really hiding out and he is none other than...

[internet connection interrupted]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.