main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Clones attack Imax...

Discussion in 'Archive: Abilene, TX' started by Yoda525907, Nov 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yoda525907

Yoda525907 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 13, 2002
    Ok I went to see AOTC at Dallas. First off it was of course awesome to see my namesake on a 50ft tall screen. And all those amazing visuals looked absolutly spetacular on the Imax screen. My only complaint...they cut about 30min from the film. Granted they were scenes that didn't detract from the action of the whole film. They were scenes that mostly dealt with the relationship between Padme' and Anakin. Like the entire meadow scene and the awkward reintroduction of Ani and Padme'. The fireplace where Anakin spills his guts to his beloved is shortened. Other scenes that are either shortened or deleted completely are:
    the Jedi library scene-completely
    the younglings scene-shortened
    Palpatine's meeting after the assasination attempt on Amidala-completely
    Anakin & Padme' first kiss scene-shortened
    conveyor belt scene-shortened

Well that's about all that I can remember being cut. If anyone else has seen it and has some corrections or noticed something that I didn't please tell me.

2. BroodMcEto

BroodMcEto Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2002
    I saw it this week in Phoenix. I think they did a great job editing it. They also cut the Jango/Kenobi fight somewhat. They cut the part where the Jedi meet with Palpatine. That's about all I noticed that you didn't mention.

In case you didn't know why they had to cut it - the platters that the film is on in the IMAX format only holds 120mins of film. Therefore, the film had to be shortened. I think it was better in this format, because a lot of the dialog was bad in the love story, plus it was too sappy. Anyways....

3. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    yep the shorter cut was great. I think that AOTC would have done alot better with the main stream if the IMAX cut had been showen in theaters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.