main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA *** CLONES HITS IMAX SCREENS NOVEMBER 1ST ***

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ajthelegend, Sep 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ajthelegend

ajthelegend Jedi Youngling star 1

May 13, 2002
    (From the official site - September 9, 2002)

This holiday season, Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones will be bigger than ever. Lucasfilm Ltd., The IMAX Corporation and Twentieth Century Fox have announced that Episode II will be coming to IMAX theaters in the United States and Canada starting November 1, 2002.

This is not just the projection of the standard theatrical print on an IMAX screen -- the movie will undergo the revolutionary IMAX DMR (Digital Re-mastering) process, which enhances the quality of the image and soundtrack to the huge IMAX 15/70 format. This marks the first time IMAX DMR has been used to re-master a film that was digitally captured and created.

"Star Wars: Episode II The IMAX Experience will provide an entirely new way to experience the Star Wars universe," says Jim Ward, Vice President of Marketing for Lucasfilm. "For the first time, fans of Star Wars will be able to see all their favorite characters, environments, vehicles and droids in a setting that is up to eight stories high and over a hundred feet wide."

"The combination of Lucasfilm's innovative digital technology and the revolutionary, proprietary IMAX DMR technology will deliver the clear, crisp and sharp images and sound that IMAX theater-goers have grown to expect," says Richard L. Gelfond and Bradley J. Wechsler, Co-Chairmen and Co-CEOs for IMAX Corporation.

"You can't find a movie better suited for the IMAX format," adds Bruce Snyder, President, Domestic Distribution, Fox. "We are thrilled to bring this giant of a film to the giant IMAX screen."

Keep checking starwars.com in the coming weeks for more information about the IMAX release of Episode II.

This is something that I know I definitely have to see and I am sure that the rest of the LA Fan Force would agree.... Currently we are talking about having a threesome (Dont laugh haha) meaning a meeting w/the Orange County Fan Force, San Diego Fan Force, and of course us the LA Fan Force... We will discus this in more detail at our next meeting, and I will keep everyone posted on any new info I recieve from the City Reps from our fellow Fan Forces...

2. jedilona

jedilona Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    It'd be great to get something together..
    It's something we should really work hard for..

3. LuminariUnduli

LuminariUnduli Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2002
    oooh ohhohhh....
    :D

oh my goodness - I'm so, there!
    [image=http://www.ballericons.com/icon/35738.gif]

WHO's with ME ???????????????

4. cloneddarklord

cloneddarklord Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2002
    I will be there in full Vader costume!! ;)

5. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    More information from CNN today:

"Clones" thus becomes the second live action re-release to be scheduled for Imax re-formatting since company unveiled a proprietary conversion process in March. An Imax version of Universal/Imagine's "Apollo 13" bows September 20 in 22 locations.
    Snyder plans to unspool "Clones" in about 50 Imax commercial venues in the U.S. and Canada, and another 20-30 Imax theaters based in science museums and other institutions. Executives believe the picture could add at least $20 million to its current $300 million-plus domestic total. There are no plans to distribute the Imax version of "Clones" internationally.

The Imax-format "Clones" is expected to run about seven weeks, set just after "Apollo" and before "The Lion King." The Mouse House has its own process for converting cartoons into Imax format and plans to release its upcoming "Treasure Planet" simultaneously in conventional and giant-screen theaters in November.

**No word yet which IMAX theatres will have AOTC.

6. ajthelegend

May 13, 2002
    Thanks for the Info Mara..... Good looking out... Keep us informed w/any new info you get.... Go LA Fan Force.....

7. ArtMaul

ArtMaul Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2001
    A small group from LiningUp.Net will be journeying to the Luxor in Las Vegas to see the IMAX version. Join us.

8. jedilona

Nov 18, 2000
    Oooooooh!! Another excuse for me to go to Vegas.. :D

9. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Today they announced they will be cutting 23 minutes off of AOTC in order to show the movie in IMAX form. What scenes do you think they will cut? And do you think this will interfere with the storyline?

10. ajthelegend

May 13, 2002
    I dont think that anything that would damage the story will be removed from the imax viewing... I personally think that scenes like approaches from ships or little scenes before going into a wipe will be removed but I guess we will see.....

11. Azeem

Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 12, 1999
    ajthelegend and marajadefan:

I am working with the SC Garrison 501st for the IMAX thing :) Maybe we can organize 501st and LA/SD Fan Force together.

12. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    ^ Thanks Azeem! Please include Orange County in with your plans as well.

13. ajthelegend

May 13, 2002
    Thanks Azeem sounds great I cant wait... Please feel free to pm w/me w/any info or questions and yea we gotta include our Orange County Brothers and Sisters.... Hope to hear from you soon...

14. Azeem

Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 12, 1999
    Here's the situation:

We are HOPING for the IRVINE Giant Screen.

This is midway for LA-SD-OC. The 501st can't do the Universal IMAX. We've been kicked out of CityWalk before.

However, Giant Screens do require additional work on the film and LFL may not be releasing it on the GS, only IMAX. I emailed them this morning and they did say they are looking into it. (hoping)

Right now, we are pretty much waiting to see which theaters will get the film.

We will do something, we just need to find out where.

15. SRB_Jedi_Knight

SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Irvine would be great, and I hope it will be able to be done there as its a perfect meeting place for OC, SD and LA to all get together. Although OC will give its support to whatever venue this event is planned for. I look forward to working with everyone to get all of us together.

16. Jedi Speewwy

Jedi Speewwy Jedi Master star 5

Dec 24, 1999
    Yeah this definitely sounds like a lot of fun. I'd be willing to go just about anywhere. Any excuse for a roadtrip!

17. JediG60racer

JediG60racer Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    mmm, much excitement this is causing! Attend with the SDSWS, I will.

18. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    Hello all! OCFF is going to be having a costuming help meeting on Sat Sept. 28th. If you're interested in coming just stop by and let us know in the Orange County forum.

19. jedilona

Nov 18, 2000
    Yippee!!
    This is going to be good :D

20. SameerUCLA

SameerUCLA Jedi Youngling

Jun 5, 2002
    Just FYI, liningup.net will probably be doing some variety of line for the IMAX, which you are all welcome to join. We're not sure where/when.

- CityWalk's screen ain't great, and they're not very line-friendly.
    - How is the IMAX at the Bridge?
    - Only problem with OC is that it's darn far for a lot of folks from L.A./the Valley. Of course, I'm in SD so it's fine for me :)

Anyone have ratings/opinions on the various IMAX theatres in the area (Edwards, etc.)?

- Sameer

21. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    The meeting for costuming help has been changed to Sunday the 29th at 3-3:30 to meet up and it will be held at Boomers. For more info ask your City Rep.

22. ArtMaul

Jun 12, 2001
    Yes, and don't forget, that a group from LiningUp.Net (some of the people you already know) is going to Las Vegas to see IMAX Clones which according to my source will be at the Luxor theatre. email me at artmaul@earthlink.net if you are interested in going so I can give you the details. I have also contacted FF Las Vegas about this.

23. ArtMaul

Jun 12, 2001
    Well, if you want to go to the Luxor in Las Vegas and join Liningup.Net and some people from Las Vegas Fan Force, we have already purchased our tickets for the Friday, November 1st showing at 10:30 p.m. Call 1-888-777-0188 and press zero for operator, then ask to be transferred to the ticket office. Hurry, because tickets have been on sale since Thursday morning.

24. MyreAlonde

MyreAlonde Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 2002
    I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be stuck in LA this time Art. Wish I could go to the Luxor with you guys though. Seems I'll be going to that uhh... bridge thing instead.

Jeff

25. Viceroy Craig

Viceroy Craig Jedi Master star 2

Sep 21, 1999
    Only problem with OC is that it's darn far for a lot of folks from L.A./the Valley. Of course, I'm in SD so it's fine for me

Hmmmm, let's see. Approximately 52 miles from the Burbank to Irvine, and approximately 83 miles from San Diego to Irvine. Do the math Sameer. (Just bustin' chops buddy!) Muahahahahahaha!!!

Am I the only one that thinks driving anywhere in between Santa Barbara to San Diego isn't all that big a deal? ::LOL::

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.