main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA *** CLONES HITS IMAX SCREENS NOVEMBER 1ST ***

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ajthelegend, Sep 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArtMaul

ArtMaul Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2001
    Viceroy, I don't want that stunted slime in my sight again.

2. pivy

pivy Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2002
    Last I heard, it wasn't playing @ Irvine due to some sort of difference in the screens...? Did I miss a memo somewhere? :)

3. Azeem

Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 12, 1999
    Irvine is a Giant Screen, not IMAX. I asked Jim Ward and he said they only tested it on IMAX and IMAX Dome.

4. ArtMaul

ArtMaul Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2001
    It seems some of our friends from Las Vegas Fan Force may be joining us. ajthelegend, are any more of FF L.A. going? Also, anything you want me to say to FF L.V.?

5. Cassila_Sanar

Cassila_Sanar Jedi Youngling

Oct 14, 2002
    Hi. I'm posting here because I live in Torrance and I'm very interesting in joining you folks for the Imax opening of AOTC. Friend of mine is a member of the San Diego group and has been urging me to check out the Los Angeles group. So... Here I am. *waves shyly*

My email is: greyguardian@fanforce.net

I would be very appreciative if someone would be kind enough to email me and let me know if there is space to join in. I'm an avid costumer (my college degree is in theatre costuming) and I have a set of Jedi robes I can wear. (I've noticed that this does seem to be a costume event.)

I'm looking forward to hearing from someone. Thank you for your time and attention. MTFBWY

6. Cassila_Sanar

Cassila_Sanar Jedi Youngling

Oct 14, 2002
    Hi. I'm posting here because I live in Torrance and I'm very interesting in joining you folks for the Imax opening of AOTC. Friend of mine is a member of the San Diego group and has been urging me to check out the Los Angeles group. So... Here I am. *waves shyly*

My email is: greyguardian@fanforce.net

I would be very appreciative if someone would be kind enough to email me and let me know if there is space to join in. I'm an avid costumer (my college degree is in theatre costuming) and I have a set of Jedi robes I can wear. (I've noticed that this does seem to be a costume event.)

I'm looking forward to hearing from someone. Thank you for your time and attention. MTFBWY!

7. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    ^ Is your friend Donna? ;)

PS, I found out what the give-away for the Imax event will be:

According to SW.com a special 0-issue of the new Bantha Tracks newsletter will be a special give away on opening day at the participating IMAX theatres. Apparently, in addition to the eight-page special there will also be an IMAX edition of the AOTC poster as part of the newsletter. It's not known at this time how many Bantha Tracks will be available to give away. You can read all about it here.

8. pivy

pivy Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2002
    I'm bumping this to the top because I'm slightly confused about what's going on with the IMAX...
    I know there's an "invasion" on the 2nd at noon...are we just going with this, or are we still trying to do something LAFF Friday night or what? And if we do, is it at the Bridge, or Citywalk, or what? I've been reading all the SoCal boards related to IMAX but everybody seems to be like chix without heads...
    Personally's I'd much rather go Friday night @ the Bridge, then maybe also go Saturday, (depedning on how my schedule works out), but Universal is a lot further for me and I'd prefer Bridge...
    ?
    ?
    ?

--Ivy

9. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    I am from the OC FF, and a bunch of us want to go with you guys on Friday night... that's when you're going, right? At the bridges IMAX?

BEacuse the OCFF is going on sat at noon with the 501st and stuff, But i personally have work. I have a bunch of friends that want to go too....

AND i have a padme arena costume im making, that i will maybe wear, if others are going in costume!

I'll try to keep checking your guy's thread here, but I'd appreciate it if someone would PM with whether you want us to join you and stuff....

ANd you guys will b doing the passing out of paoters and bantha tracks? I hope so!

-Tracy

10. Azeem

Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 12, 1999
    "if others are going in costume"

Don't think you have to worry about that one. I know we have a lot of costumes coming.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.