Clones Reactions

Discussion in 'Evansville, IN' started by TC517, May 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TC517 Jedi Master

star 4
    Alright. I need to see it again to take it all in, but the first half was boring. The end makes up for every shortcomimg. All I can say now is YODA!
  2. SW_HunterD_2 Jedi Padawan

Excellent action sequences but almost too fast paced(too many clones, jedis and droids to follow at one time). Loved Anakin's rage scene, but wanted to see more (we all know they filmed more). Beginning to see how the dark side will take control much more than we could imagine with Jake Lloyd.

Anyone interested in another viewing followed by a discussion as a fanclub activity? Maybe a matinee followed by food?

BTW, my parents got tickets to AOTC at the digital theatre in Cleveland for Saturday. I'll keep you posted on what they think of the difference (Showplace #8 was very grainy and the colors looked bad).
  3. TC517 Jedi Master

star 4
    We need to see this as a group. Digital projection has been brought up, so if we hear good things, that might be an option.
  4. John_Gass Jedi Padawan

Hey guys, I'm a newbie to this board. I just wanted to see what the screename is of the guy in the blue Indianapolis Star Wars conference t-shirt that was handing out flyers at the Stadium 16 12:01 showing is. Thanks.

(By the way, I think Episode II severly makes up for Episode I in everyway imagineable.)
  5. darthpope Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm up for seeing it again.
    I have seen it 2 times now.

It seemed to work much better the 2nd viewing.
  6. TC517 Jedi Master

star 4
    I just got back from viewing #2 and it gets better. After seeing it once, you can absorb more and it makes it better.

And I'm the guy in the blue at Stadium 16. Welcome to the boards John
  7. Nathan PTH Jedi Master

star 4
    Reactions . . . reactions. Personally, I loved it. Having gotten into the background and such already, I didn't feel there was much lacking. This one might have just topped ESB for me.

However, as a timeliner, I gotta say, when that particular red hologram image showed up near the end, all I could think was "DAMMIT! Now how much is gonna have to be explained away???"
  8. Preachrman007 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Amen to that. I feel the same way. Whole books have to be explained or simply thrown out the window.

Also the forbidden love thing is causing continuity problems because in the comic books there are Jedi that are married with children. Ki-Adi-Mundi for example.
  9. TC517 Jedi Master

star 4
    Ahh, the reasons the expanded universe never appealed to me very much. I guess no back-story is safe until Episode III.
  10. Darth Maul 1277 Jedi Master

star 1
    Finally got to see it today (planned to see it thursday afternoon but broke my arm instead)My reactions: AWESOME!!!!! I loved it from begining to end. Yoda was unbelieveable. Since I haven't read much EU the red holocron at the end really worked for me tying in the prequel trilogy to the original. You could really see Anakin on his way to the dark side. Can't wait to see it again. I think our next meeting following the June 1st one should be as suggested earlier going to see the film followed by a group discussion at maybe pizza hut????
  11. John_Gass Jedi Padawan

I went and saw it a second time last night again at Stadium 16 and the 8:00 show was sold out. That made me confident in Episode II's unstoppable overwhelming success. I must say that the second time through most things did make more sense. I still don't think I've seen everything there is to see in it by a long shot though. There are just too many things ALWAYS happening.
  12. TC517 Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok everyone, lets see this thing. When and where do we want to go as a group?
    Do we want to see it with digital projection or just keep it simple first?
    Are we gonna get together afterwards?
  13. SW_HunterD Jedi Padawan

next weekend or June 1st (after Barnes and Noble). Pizza sounds good to me as well.
  14. Darth_TKD Jedi Master

star 3
    If possible, I think we should see it digitally. As the nearest place is Chicago, we'd have to make a day trip out of it. On the plus side, we could carpool, and split the costs of the trip. We should probably still see it as a group here in Evansville, as some people would not be able to make the trip to Chicago. But I think a group trip to Chicago would be a good event for our club.
  15. TC517 Jedi Master

star 4
    How about we all go see it after the June 1 meeting. We can all go Showplace following the meeting (this way, any new members that are at the meeting but not online can join us) and right after the movie, grab pizza from somewhere. Where to we want to eat?
  16. Darth Maul 1277 Jedi Master

star 1
    sounds good to me. pizza hut anyone??

17. SW_HunterD_2 Jedi Padawan

Sounds good to me too. Anywhere for food is OK.

BTW, my mom called last night and said the digital screening of AOTC was "very impressive!" Her favorite part was the asteroid chase, especially the sonic charges.
  18. Darth_TKD Jedi Master

star 3
    I like that idea too.
  19. TC517 Jedi Master

star 4
    Alright then, after the meeting we head to showplace, watch the movie, and go back to pizza hut.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.