main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Clones (Stormtroopers) to see in Rebels?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes, Jan 4, 2014.

?

Who to see?

1. Rex ( Most likely dead though)

68.4%
  2. Fives ( Fighting for Rebellion)

26.3%
  3. Appo and other 501st

36.8%
  4. Cody and Boil

47.4%
  5. Commander Fox

15.8%
  6. Thorn

5.3%
  7. Cut Lawquane

42.1%
  8. Gregor

31.6%
  9. X2 and X1 if there canon.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013
    I see what you are saying here and I don't disagree necessarily, but I see it more as a question of "how many would turn away" rather than "is there the possibility of them turning away."

It is a numbers issue for me- I have no problem with outliers in any population as long as they are just that- outliers. If we saw mass defection in the clones then I would have issue, but we don't and there are legitimate- for the Empire- concerns of cost, reliability, and image of continuing to use the clones.

I thought it was a kinda ironic tragedy that the great Galactic Republic uses cloned child soldier slaves, sent into battle by an order of peacekeeping mystics turned generals to fight mass produced automatons controlled by protesters of corruption controlled by the chancellor of the Republic.

We can explain it as showing just how far the Republic and the Jedi have fallen- but really it was probably just not all that well thought out by Lucas.

I would have loved a more thorough examination of the ethics of using the clone army in universe. In the movies it was totally glossed over(it was Anakin's journey after all and I wouldn't expect a huge debate to be prominent)TCW creates the situation to ask the questions, but never really follows through with the answers(which is a shame because they go out of the way to humanize the clones and get you interested in their characters and then leave you hanging with the realization that these guys got the ****end of the stick as they can expect to either die horribly or live long enough to become villians), and the rest of the EU swings wildly between ignoring the issues or throwing them in your face(the latter which seems to have produced massive amounts of fan hate).

Unfortunately, this in universe debate is more suited to Star Trek than Star Wars and wouldn't be the first time unethical ideas or actions are glossed over(why didn't Qui-Gon free Shmi? How did Anakin get off scott free for killing and admitting to killing to Padme an entire tribe of Tusken Raiders? How can Obi-Wan falsely surrender to trick an enemy commander? Etc...)

Even RL people do terrible things just from orders. I don't think you need the additional indoctrination, lack of individuality or even docility to get these results.

2. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    What bothers me is that the Clonetroopers seen in the PT and TCW actually seem to be a pretty good fighting outfit whereas the Stromtroopers in the OT seem near incapable of firing an accurate shot.

3. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Well Clones are smarter Stormtroopers :p

4. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2013

I always saw the purpose of the stormtroopers to be more about intimidation through presence - not through ability. I feel like its a quantity over quality thing - when there was a war on, they needed quality, when you're just trying to oppress people and keep them in line, you don't need skilled soldiers, you just need "foot soldiers" that represent strength in numbers. It would be too expensive to get the numbers of clones needed for this presence and it would be unneccesary since the majority of time, stormtroopers aren't going to need to fight. Just stand around places to make people think twice about rebelling.

Stormtroopers are basically mall cops IMO.

5. Rex_Nixes_Sixes

Rex_Nixes_Sixes Jedi Youngling

Jan 11, 2014
    "No loitering, kids! Move along, move along."

[​IMG]

6. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Well at least we know what they do when they aren't on duty in the Empire :p

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  7. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    And what about that member of the Palpatine Youth offering a salute in the background?!?

8. Master Mini 907

Master Mini 907 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 3, 2013
    There definitely needs to be stormtroopers

9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Ezra has to steal helmets from someone.

And if we don't see him snatching a helmet directly off someone's decapitated head, I'll be disappointed.

None of this sneaking into stormtrooper barracks and stealing helmets while several Jango Fetts sleep in their Spider-Man pajamas.

Because there will be Spider-Man pajamas, since Disney owns Marvel, right? Right. And the troopers can't sleep in their armor all the time.

10. Erik_B

Erik_B Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 11, 2014

Aye. Stormtroopers are riot police, like these guys:-

[​IMG]

Sufficient for beating up unarmed civilians, but are roughly handled by real soldiers like these Alliance troopers:-

[​IMG]

(This is also why stormtooper armor appears to provide no protection against blasters - it is supposed to protect against thrown bricks and petrol bombs, not military weapons.)

purplerain likes this.
  11. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    I don't see any mother naming her son this. Source: ANH

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Hey! My kids are named TK-421 and TK-422!

The labor and delivery nurse said she had heard worse.

13. Obimus Primobi

Obimus Primobi Jedi Master star 2

Oct 23, 2013
    Shouldn't that be "Teekay-Fortuone" and "Teekay-Fortutoo" on their birth certificates.:p

14. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I don't think stormtroopers are like riot police. I think two factors are in play.

1. The Empire seems all about mass production. Doing what is cheapest. I mean, hell at any given time in TCW, it seems like the Republic is going bankrupt from creating clones for three years. That problem would just become worse by the time of Rebels after 14 years of continuing the same production that nearly bankrupt the government in less than three years. So I think there is a sacrifice in quality in exchange for quantity.

2. Many, many soldiers die while wearing body armor. Kevlar vests can be penetrated by a large enough round fired from a close enough proximity. Stormtrooper armor was probably better than no armor, and probably helped defend from concussive forces or physical debris (like shrapnel). But couldn't defend from super heated plasma that could chew through it, or at least a large enough volume of superheated plasma fired from the proper weapon.

A pistol cannot chamber the same round as an AK-47, and kevlar would provide better protection from the prior over the latter. While the blasters of a GFFA fire plasma, I would think that the same kinds of traits would come into play, with a larger calibered blaster accommodating more plasma (equivalent to a larger bullet) and those with longer barrels accelerating the plasma to a higher speed and achieving greater effective distance than a shorter barreled weapon.

15. Darth Wookiee

Darth Wookiee Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    Which ones do you want to see?

Sorry for error but I meant Lawquane and Gregor.

Also is Battlefront canon?

16. Darth Wookiee

Darth Wookiee Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    Which ones do you want to see?

Actually lock this thread there is another one sorry.

17. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I feel these threads are to similar to exist separately although the poll was kinda cool.

Edit: Hah, good thing their were dupes. After 3 tries I managed to merge the poll in.

18. Contessa

Contessa Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    Yeah, and with another one on the way now.

RJ Carey and Mia Mesharad like this.
  19. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    There is no Wolffe! Unless he dies in the Lost Missions he would be a great imperial. Grumpy officer in charge of the training of all those non-cloned cadets that cannot shoot. I voted for everyone, except Gregor (maybe he should be left dead), Thorn (I don't know if he survives his first appearance) and Fox- he is possible and okay but I have never liked him that much- he was not seen in ROTS either- and he should be on Coruscant that should be off-limits to rebels- at least during the first season. Maybe if they are daring enough to go there Fox could appear. Oh and those X1 and X2.... who seriously cares?

Sgt Crowfield likes this.
  20. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Wolffe would definitely be an Imperial, IMO. He just fits too well. Filoni might argue with that, of course, but Wolffe seemed one of the most likely out of the new commanders we meet in TCW to stay on as an Imperial. Gregor...hate to say it but he's probably dead for good at this point; I'd love to see him back in Rebels but I doubt it'd happen. Thorn, we know virtually nothing about (is he in the Clovis arc?). Fox, he's always seemed like he was already in Imperial mode. Especially in the Ahsoka fugitive arc; he was a very strict guy who didn't take bunk, even from Jedi; it'll be interesting to see what he's like in the Order 66 episodes.

I, personally, want to see Jesse. He was easily just as liberal as Fives and he seemed like the one out of the crew who'd take charge and just do it–desert, that is. Kix is...well, we don't know that much about Kix but he seemed blandly loyal, not like Dogma but he wasn't rebellious either, so he'd probably stay with the 501st, same with Dogma (assuming he's out of the slammer). Appo is obviously in ROTS, too. So, Jesse would be fun, but I really doubt we'll see any clones from TCW in Rebels. It would be nice, though.

RJ Carey, Iron_lord and Sgt Crowfield like this.
  21. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    It makes sense to see Appo and other 501st because he is incharge of the 501st and the 501st are almost a package deal with vader. Well unless they think they should retcon that.

purplerain likes this.
  22. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013
    Pretty sure Appo dies shortly after ROTS. Although, that doesn't preclude the rest of the 501st from appearing- and I think they would by default if Vader has stormtroopers around.

RJ Carey and Mia Mesharad like this.
  23. Embomania

Embomania Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 2, 2013
    It'd be cool to see Cut Lawquane fighting for the Rebellion.

RJ Carey likes this.
  24. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    @moonjump05 you were right he did die like right after operation knight fall. The 501st should still appear.

25. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    The only clones I expect to see and would want to see is Cody, in an high Imperial position maybe even working with Vader at times, and clones in the 501st. Always loved the idea that Vader made sure to keep the clones for his own personal use because he always thought so highly of them, as Vader and Anakin.

Though Rex and Gregor would be nice, I don't know if it will happen though.