main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Waco, TX Clones: The Good and the Bad

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by jango-joe1, Apr 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jango-joe1

jango-joe1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2001

Hey everyone. I want to hear what Star Wars fans have to say about the new scientific breakthroughs that involve cloning. I mean a while back the sheep thing was cool, but now in Australia they have cloned a human brain. To me that is scary. The technology is awesome but everything has seem to get into the wrong hands.
    I want to hear your opinions.

Jango-Joe1 :cool:

2. Jedi_Fred

Jedi_Fred Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 19, 2001
    Hey Jango_Joe1 great topic. I just replying to let you know I have read your message. It's 11:30 P.M. and my brain is fried :confused:. So I will tackle you question tommorrow.

Jedi_Fred

3. SlytherinHouse

SlytherinHouse Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2000

I don't think it will ever go far enough to clone a human being. I believe that, when everything was created, our creator (God, for me personally, but believe what you will) put certain boundaries down that the human race will never be allowed to cross. Time travel is one, because of the delicacy of it. Human cloning is another. The human body could be cloned, but you can't clone the soul.

Sly

4. jango-joe1

jango-joe1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2001

Thanks for the reply SlytherinHouse.Your right about not being able to clone the soul. Welcome to the FanForce here in Waco. I hope to meet you at our next meeting.

Jango-Joe1 :cool:

5. Rand_Coyn

Rand_Coyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2001
    I agree with slytherinhouse, the soul is the one thing that defines who we are. Like anything, cloneing will have unforseen consequences, but only time will tell whether they will be good or bad

6. Darth_Murph

Darth_Murph Jedi Youngling

May 7, 2001
    This is my first post...so, hello everyone...

I think we'll be able to clone a human body sooner than you think...but not as anything more than a parts warehouse...

You're right, the human soul cannot, in any way, be re-created...but wouldn't it be great (for the domination of mankind) to be able to replace lost limbs...or cancerous organs?

Man is destined to unite as one race and reach out into the stars...first with our solar system...then, slowly, the entire galaxy...

The first step is making us stronger...which cloning will do. If you had your hand blown off tomorrow, and we could just clone it, it could be replaced and you could go on about your life as though it never happened...

Cloning is the begining of a much larger world...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.