main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Clonetrooper App (CGI Clone)

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by PopePlinko, Sep 15, 2011.

1. PopePlinko

PopePlinko Jedi Knight

Jan 25, 2010
    I made a new video with one of the clonetrooper models available over at scifi3d.com. I think it came out pretty good. Check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb0lKigfesQ&feature=channel_video_title

2. Ricky_Calrissian

Ricky_Calrissian Jedi Master star 3

Nov 17, 2008
    Nice job! I've seen some of your other videos and they're pretty good. Did you hand-keyframe the animation or mo-cap it?

3. PopePlinko

PopePlinko Jedi Knight

Jan 25, 2010
    I just used mocap files for the majority of it. I set up a simple walk cycle in MAX for the biped for a few shots. Two shots were done by hand, the first shot of the clone, and the shot of him raising his gun. I also used the motion mixer to help blend some of the different mocaps together, such as boba fett running, and then jumping to fly away.

4. smurfted

smurfted Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 14, 2005
    Good work mate, difficult stuff you tried.

I especially like the way he gets shot in the shoulder and dies, just like in the films..

5. burkevader

burkevader Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2008
    Wow dude....that is really really cool........the FX you are attempting are first rate and to get it working as good as you did.....WOW

Props

6. Jedi_Kyeju

Jedi_Kyeju Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2003
    Wow, I'm seriously impressed. The integration could use some extra detail but, it's still really high quality work.