main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Clonetrooper helmets

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Maul_Loves_Ventress, May 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poodookoo

poodookoo Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004
    Ahh yes, I forgot about Vos.

What I should've said is that there were other clones (Lieutenants, I beleive) on Kashyyyk who also received Order 66 from Sidious, and took out the other Jedi Generals like Luminara. Gree was not the only one to receive the order on that planet.

2. Nal_Hutta

Nal_Hutta Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 16, 2005
    That quote for Cody would have been sick in the movie!

3. Ogmios22188

Ogmios22188 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 12, 2004
    AussieTrooper is notorious for saying things that don't make sense. Cody didn't fake attacking Obi-Wan, seeing as how he wasn't even the one who did the attacking. The same goes for Gree. He clearly underestimated Yoda. He didn't say "Okay, I want Yoda to get away. So, I'll just take this other trooper with me and pretend we're gonna kill him. That way, he'll kill us and get away." If Gree wanted Yoda to get away, he wouldn't have went over to him in the first place. And you're a man? I'm sorry, but you sound like a 12-year-old.

4. AUSSIETROOPER20

AUSSIETROOPER20 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2004
    of course gree did obay the order, but Luminarra is also to be said to have suvived since in the episode 3 charactors book it reveales that master undullie gets lost while barriss and aayla on another planet get shot, so this points out that the jedi on kashyyyk suvived the order, plus undullie could hide in the dark bushes and trees from those clones and lure them away the same way obi-wan did to the storm troopers in the death star in episode 4.

5. Adm_Thrawn

Adm_Thrawn Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 19, 2004
    The idea of disobeying an executive order never once passed through Cody's mind. Once more, the mere fact that Luminara could've survived in no way means that she did. "Luminarra is also to be said to have survived", means absolutely nothing, as there are individuals out there who make even less sense than you.

6. sccrman95

sccrman95 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2004
    This thread is starting to get really confusing. And a seriously doubt Cody disobeyed a order from PALPATINE, I mean he received it sraight from him.

7. TK414

TK414 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 10, 2001
    Tried to read entire thread...could not...too tired...

But still great thread.

This line: Though a faithful commander who carried out Yoda's orders, Gree was ultimately loyal to the Republic. When Chancellor Palpatine enacted Order 66, Gree understood it was a worst-case scenario contingency -- the Jedi had betrayed the Republic, and were therefore dangerous enemies of the state.

seems to fit the entire notion of "A certain point of view" well...since this whole saga hinges on it!=D=

8. AUSSIETROOPER20

AUSSIETROOPER20 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2004
    the book I'm quoting about is the one which introduces all the main charactors in episode 3, and in the page where it shows aayal, barriss and Luminarra, it says that aayla and barriss get shot, but luminarra gets lost, plus vos suvives the attack on kashyyk.

what do you think those turbo tank drivers were looking for, the fat lady.

9. Master_Kenobi1138

Master_Kenobi1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 24, 2005
    you notice how there are different clone legions with a different specialty(eg Gree's troops are suited for forests and Bacara's troops are good in snow). What are the 501st speciality.

10. CousinofGrievous

CousinofGrievous Jedi Youngling

Mar 22, 2005
    This line: Though a faithful commander who carried out Yoda's orders, Gree was ultimately loyal to the Republic. When Chancellor Palpatine enacted Order 66, Gree understood it was a worst-case scenario contingency -- the Jedi had betrayed the Republic, and were therefore dangerous enemies of the state.

I think it ultimately comes down to two arguements:

1)Order 66 was genetically engineered into every clones mind and every event in its past (i.e.-forming friendships with Jedi) would be trumped by order 66. The auditory signal from Palps voice was the only thing that could set it off and afterwards the clones were fundamentally altered.

2)Order 66 was not genetically engineered but taught to every clone in its training saying, as the quote indicates, the Jedi had betrayed the Republic and emergency orders were in effect.

I think 2 is more unlikely for the sole reason that the clones are able to think "creatively" as the Kaminoan prime minister indicated in AOTC and they would be able to tell that the Jedi were not in fact betraying the Republic. It's not that the clones had a choice, the clones were engineered to not even recognize that there was a choice.

11. TK414

TK414 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 10, 2001
    Yeah I agree with both, but am inclined to believe it was the first one that was the case. They all had what I would consider a "Jedi Coup Clause" embedded secretly by Sidious. That's the reason they ALL did not even pause an instant when the order came down: The Republic was in danger now from the Jedi. They attempted to assassinate the Chancellor, and now ORDER must be enforced. So speaks Palpatine! So speaks DEATH! Mwaaaahahhahahahahhahahh! [face_hypnotized]

12. Adm_Thrawn

Dec 19, 2004
    "Order 66 is not some pre-programmed genetic trigger. It's not some Manchurian Candidate brainwash button. It's rather just one of a catalog of orders that clone commanders and their soldiers are trained since birth to follow without question."

From Pablo Hidalgo, in the latest edition of Star Wars Insider. That should end the debate right there.

13. Commander_Bly13

Commander_Bly13 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 27, 2005
    Check out this site http://www.hellschancecantina.com/ss_No_One_Could_Survive.html
    and I found this in the forum http://boards.theforce.net/Revenge_of_the_Sith_/b10331/19680239/p3/

HOW I LEARNED TO STOP WORRYING AND LOVE THE SITH!!!!

*Cut to a scene of Clone Troopers inside a large Star Destroyer*

In order to guard against surprise Seperatist attack, The Republic's Strategic Air Command maintains a large force of Gunships airborne 24 hours a day. Each Gunship can deliver a nuclear bombload of 50 megatons, equal to 16 times the total explosive force of all the bombs and shells used by all the armies in the Naboo War. Based in Space, the Airborne alert force is deployed from Star Destroyers to the many rims of space, but they have one geographical factor in common: they are all two hours from their targets around the outer rim.

Cut to: int. Gunship. Machines spring to life as a transmission arrives.

Clone 133:
    Commander Cody, I know you're gonna think this a crazy but I just got a message from base over the com-link. It decodes as Order 66. 66 as in the number

Cody:
    133, did you say Code 66?

133:
    Yes Sir, I have.

Cody:
    133, how many times have I told you guys that I don't want no horsin' around on the Gunship?

133:
    I'm not horsin' around, sir, that's how it decodes.

Cody:
    Well I've been to one world fair a picnic and a rodeo and that's the stupidest thing I ever heard come over a set of earphones. You sure you got today's order?

133:
    Yes sir, it is.

Cody:
    Ah, there's just gotta be something wrong. Wait just a second, I'm comin' back.

Cody examines the decoded message and the code book.

Cody:
    Maybe you better get a confirmation from base.

133:
    Yes sir.

Bombardier:
    Commander Cody, is it possible that this is some kind of loyalty test. You know, give the go code and then recall to see who would actually go?

Cody:
    Ain't nobody ever got the order code yet. And old Palpy wouldn't be giving us order 66 unless them Jedi had already clobbered the capital and alot of other planets with a sneak attack.

Bombardier:
    Yes sir.

133:
    Commander Cody, message from base confirmed.

Cody:
    Well boys, I reckon this is it: straight forward combat, toe to toe with the Jedi.

Cody climbs back into the cockpit. Soundtrack: Battle Hymn of the Republic.

Cody:
    Now look boys, I ain't much of a hand at makin' speeches. But I got a pretty fair idea that something doggoned important's going on back there. And I got a fair idea of the kind of personal emotions that some of you fella's may be thinking. Heck, I reckon you wouldn't even be human beings if you didn't have some pretty strong personal feelings about Jedi combat. But I want you to remember one thing, the folks back home is a countin' on ya, and by golly we ain't about to let 'em down. Tell you somethin' else. This thing turns out to be half as important is I figure it just might be, I'd say that you're all in line for some important promotions and personal citations when this thing's over with. That goes for every last one of you, regardless of your race, color, or your creed. Now, let's get this thing on the hump. We got some killin' to do.

14. Ogmios22188

Oct 12, 2004
    That was awesome.

15. Commander_Bly13

Aug 27, 2005
    thanks... even if i didn't wright it

16. Ogmios22188

Oct 12, 2004
    Well, regardless of who wrote it, it's still awesome ;).

17. Adm_Thrawn

Dec 19, 2004
    Where did you find all of these??? Any others that you could share with us?

18. JediCouncilMaster

JediCouncilMaster Jedi Youngling star 6

Jun 23, 2005
    Lol. I agree. They are to follow orders without question. Whether they liked to or not.

19. Commander_Bly13

Aug 27, 2005
    I usually find them on different message boards when I search for things in Google.

20. pilky

pilky Jedi Youngling

Aug 30, 2005
    The clone with the strange helmet on utapow was and arc trooper, they pulled out some of the arc troopers to try to end the war as soon as posible

21. Commander_Bly13

Aug 27, 2005
    I HIGHLY doubt that that was a ARC trooper because there are as many as three in some scenes.

22. Adm_Thrawn

Dec 19, 2004
  23. poodookoo

poodookoo Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004
    You mean aside from the fact they look NOTHING alike! [face_batting]

24. Adm_Thrawn

Dec 19, 2004
    There wasn't a single ARC in RotS. Period.

25. sccrman95

sccrman95 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2004
    Unless I hear otherwise from the OS and whatnot, AGREED.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.