main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Clonetroopers... What a perfect blend! (Warning! Clonetrooper pictures inside!)

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Sithman, Jan 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    (Now since the JC has Clonetrooper icons and SW.com has released pictures of the 12" Clonetrooper figure, we can now discuss them! Now, on to the topic...)

First of all, I'm sure you all have seen the new Clonetrooper pictures up on the official site or at least here at the JC used as icons. Have you noticed anything about their masks? I think what George has done with the Clonies is perfectly brilliant! We all thought that Mandalorians were to be the clones of the Clone Wars. Also, most of us were pretty sure that Stormtrooper were clones as well. Well, we were wrong about the Mandalorian thing, but right about the Stormtrooper part. BUT, instead of just making clones wear Stormtrooper armor, George ups the ante another notch! He *blends* Mandalorians and Stormtroopers!

To illustrate this, look at this mathematical equation:
    [image=http://www1.theforce.net/icons/publicicons/fett.gif] + [image=http://www.theforce.net/snowboards/icons/TFN_stormtrooper.gif] = Pic of Clonetrooper

See? Clonies have the Mandalorian "T" viewing slit on top which continues down to the classic Stormie "frown"!

I dunno if any of you noticed this yet (thought most of you probably did :D ), but I had to share it with you!

2. Obi-Wan69

Obi-Wan69 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 1999
    Hmm, don't know if that clonetrooper pic is gonna fly here since it wasn't officially released, but if so...this is definitely a great topic for everyone here to get into.

3. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    I guess this could be considered spoiler material, Sithman. Technically speaking, just because there is a TF.N icon does not make it a non spoiler. And also, the new spoiler rules they just updated here mention that pictures of toys, even those released by Lucasfilm are now considered spoilers. So I guess a mod will have to decide if this is a spoiler.

Personally I think it's fine. I almost guarantee that we'll see clones close up in the next AOTC trailer.

4. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    Since TF.N has hardly followed their spoiler policy in the past, I really don't think they'll care. :(

5. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Well, I was careful about it, I went in the ***SPOILER ALERT*** thread and asked why they allowed my Clonie icon. They said it was because the 12" figure had been released officially.

I mean sheesh, people will see Clonie icons anyways around these boards.

But, I edited my post just in case. :)

6. yodaman

yodaman Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 26, 1999
    Yep Sithman, this is from the official site.

edit: link removed. Toys are now considered spoiler, remember?

7. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    So, comments? Anything? Who thinks that that's totally awesome of George to combine the Mandalorians and Stormies like that?

8. yodaman

Feb 26, 1999
    LOL! I just noticed your theory is in your sig. Yeah it's a nice touch on Lucas, but there's something else about the clonetrooper uniform that you won't find out until you see the movie. I'm gonna use that icon now.

9. Sonic_Pumpkins

Sonic_Pumpkins Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 17, 2001
    Who do you guys think will fight the clones in AOTC besides Jedis? Obviously, there aren't enough Jedis to take on limitless clones! There has to be some sort of fighting force. Gungans? Random people? More clones? Mini-Death Star? Droids? AT-ATs? I really have no clue! But Jedis can't kill ALL those clones!

10. echupa

echupa Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2000
    "theres something about the clone trooper uniform that you won't find out until the movie"

i just wet my pants

11. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Clonie armor? Well, it looks a darn lot like Stormie armor, if that's what you mean.

BTW, maybe the Republic has clones too. Hence, "The Clone Wars" (clones vs. clones).

It's an idea!

12. yodaman

Feb 26, 1999
    "theres something about the clone trooper uniform that you won't find out until the movie"

i just wet my pants

It's nothing big, just another connection. I won't say anything more, though.

13. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Maybe that same little "OII" on the back. :)

14. GenoSuke

GenoSuke Jedi Youngling

Jan 29, 2002
    I wonder if there is more to it then just a cool visual thing.

15. Obi-Wan69

Obi-Wan69 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 1999
    Who do you guys think will fight the clones in AOTC besides Jedis?

Hehe...

Excellent question, as well as an ironic one.

;)

I can't wait to see the clonetroopers in action, it will definitely give the film more of an OT feel.

16. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    No one else thinks that the Republic might be also using clones to fight the bad Clonies?

17. Bjorn75

Bjorn75 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 8, 2001
    The OS put up a VERY interesting LEGO preview today. Take that and add some deduction and violà - you get yourself a nice little twist I think. I won't say it out loud, because I am not sure I want to believe it yet...

18. Malthus

Malthus Jedi Master star 4

Mar 31, 1999
    Sure, it's possible. Actually, I'm of a mind to believe that perhaps Palpatine will lose control of the Clones in some way such that he has to see them destroyed, or perhaps he pits them against the Jedi as a way of getting rid of them.

It probably won't happen that way, but it's fun to think of the possibilties.

19. Emperor_Dan

Emperor_Dan Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 1999
    Toys are spoilers. Unless you want the answer right in your face, don't look at this LEGO.

Of course, you could have figured the spoiler out using what we already know anyway, using deductive reasoning, some people don't want to even put 2 and 2 together.

20. yodaman

Feb 26, 1999
    Yeah, don't look at the LEGO's.

21. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Alright, I'll take that advice. :)

22. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    "I can't wait to see the clonetroopers in action, it will definitely give the film more of an OT feel."

You mean the Clonetroopers cant hit a hero either?

Yes, don't look at the LEGO, its bad, very bad. (well, actually, its a dang fine set, but...)

23. KaaShamau

KaaShamau Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 15, 2000
    Do you think that there will be any Clone Trooper costumes, or do you think that they'll be totally CGI?

24. echupa

echupa Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2000
    ive been thinking the same thing. I will be very upset if they are entirely cg. they are essentually humans and I don't thing cg of today is good enough yet. except for long and special effect shots ofcoarse

25. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Kaa, I bet they'll be about 50/50 split. For large, wide angle battlefield shots, they'll be CGI, but for the close fighting, they'll use Clonie costumes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.