main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Clonetroopers... What a perfect blend! (Warning! Clonetrooper pictures inside!)

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Sithman, Jan 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabreman

Sabreman Jedi Master star 2

Feb 11, 2001
    Is the Clonetrooper revelation the only plot twist in AotC?

2. LtKettch

LtKettch Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 19, 2000
    Yeah, that image at the OS spoiled me as well. Not that it's all that blatent, but if you see it you can put the pieces together pretty well. I'm now 90% sure of what I think I know now, thanks to that little pic.

I'm going to be more careful of the OS now. :(

3. Sabreman

Sabreman Jedi Master star 2

Feb 11, 2001
    Thanks to LEGO and the official site I am no longer spoiler-free for AotC. (And I understand that the spoiler revealed in those LEGO images is the film's major spoiler.)

It seems that if I want to remain totally spoiler-free for Episode III, I'll have to avoid the official site until May 2005, avoid anything to do with Star Wars LEGO in the first half of 2005, and pay only occasional brief visits to TFN. :(

4. Raz Zaphon

Raz Zaphon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2000
    You probably will be suprised.

5. djbonez

djbonez Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 1999
    If Stormtroopers are in the Empire, than wouldn't Clonetroopers be in the republic, and be fighting alongside the jedi?

6. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Yah, that's the point I put forward on the previous page. I think Republic Clones fight baddie Clones. Thus, The Clone Wars (Clones fighting Clones).

7. Yodave27

Yodave27 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2001
    Is the Clonetrooper revelation the only plot twist in AotC

No

8. Emperor_Dan

Emperor_Dan Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 1999
    But we haven't seen "baddie clones" yet, now have we?

I used to think that the Clone Wars meant Jedi fighting against Bad Jedi clones. But now that just seem ridiculous, and we know the clones are these Clonetroopers. And I think "bad clones" seems ridiculous as well. "When Good Clones go Bad. Story at 11" :D

9. Darth_Xero

Darth_Xero Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2001
    ive been thinking the same thing. I will be very upset if they are entirely cg. they are essentually humans and I don't thing cg of today is good enough yet. except for long and special effect shots ofcoarse.

I wouldn't want the Clone Troopers to be completely cgi for the whole movie either but your comment about today's cgi not being good is surprising. You didn't think the Battle Droids in EP1 looked real? Look at the movie again. Those BD's looked great! Not only did they look great but so did the rest of the main cg characters like Watto and Jar-jar. Come on guys give ILM the props they deserve. ;)

But I will say that unnecessary use of cgi is foolish. Scene's involving close up shots or fair amount of Clone Troopers SHOULD be filmed, or digitized ;) ;), with live action and wide shoots involving an obscene amount of CT's should use cgi, it's pretty obvious. :D

10. Bjorn75

Bjorn75 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 8, 2001
    I will be extremely surprised if the final trailer doesn't tell us all about the Clones' affiliation. At least the same amount of info that we got from that LEGO preview. I don't think it is anywhere near "the major spoiler of the film", as someone put it. More sensitive I think, is the specific relationship (if any) between the clones and Jango, as indicated through their armour and the book cover. I'm not spoiled though, so I maybe quite wrong here.

//Björn

11. KaaShamau

KaaShamau Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 15, 2000
    [image=http://www.toysrgus.com/images-speci/85LineExt/85LineExt11Clone.jpg]
    The original Clone Trooper :p (1984 drawing).

12. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    LOL. Now *those* dudes have funk. :D

They look more scout-trooperish to me.

13. echupa

echupa Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2000
    "your comment about today's cgi not being good is surprising. You didn't think the Battle Droids in EP1 looked real? Look at the movie again. Those BD's looked great! Not only did they look great but so did the rest of the main cg characters like Watto and Jar-jar. Come on guys give ILM the props they deserve."

perhaps I shouldn't have been so blunt when I said the cg of today isn't good enough. Indeed I think it is good enough to do aliens jj, watto as well as battle droids etc. What I don't think it is good enough in doing is humaniod characters. The clone troopers are humans underneith. They will move like humans and that is what I don't thing cg is good enough to pull of as the movement just wouldn't look right.

14. KaaShamau

Aug 15, 2000
    But they are plastic in appearance - easy enough for CGI? It's just a matter of getting the human movements down, and I doubt ILM will have any trouble with that.

15. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Right, Kaa.
    The shiny plastic Clonie suits would be a breeze for ILM. Not much detail on a bunch of white plastic, is there? ;)

And as for human-like movement, that's why they have motion capture. :)

16. KaaShamau

Aug 15, 2000
    What are peoples thoughts on how to portray the guys in white for EpIII? I see a few options:

- All clonetrooper armour
    - All stormtrooper armour
    - A mix of the two, (ct for clones, st for conscripts?)
    - A middle stage armour for all
    - naked

I hope we don't get the last option :p

More ideas?

17. Wingless

Wingless Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 28, 2002
    Well, I hate to be boring, but I think they should go with the clonetrooper armour. That way there's a nice 20 years or so to explain the evolution to the stormies.

As for naked, well, the last thing I want to see is an army of naked Temuera Morrisons. *shudders*

18. Emperor_Dan

Emperor_Dan Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 1999
    Is there any real difference between the Clonetroopers and Stormtroopers? The US Army has gone through many costume changes, so that's not out of the question.

Besides, this movie has *REALLY* blurred the lines between the Republic and the Empire.

19. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Kaa: [face_laugh]

Personally, I hope for stormtroopers. Oh, and stormtroopers using COSTUMES. [face_plain]

Sorry, I'm not a big fan of the CG clonies in AOTC. :p

20. obi_wan_kanathan

obi_wan_kanathan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2001
    I thought the CGI clonetroopers looked great. There were a couple places where they looked CGI, but a lot of the Geonosis fight with them, especially close up, looked very real. Some real ones for Episode III would be good though. No reason to use CGI when you can use real people.

21. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    "No reason to use CGI when you can use real people."

Exactly. I totally support George when he uses his amazing CGI when neccessary, but why use it when you can easily use a human in a suit? I mean, you can't do that with Watto, Jar Jar, or the Kaminoans, but you sure as heck could do it with the clonies. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.