main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cloning help: usind durbnpoison's method

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by NoLukky, Sep 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NoLukky

NoLukky Jedi Youngling

Aug 28, 2005
    guys i am try to do this huge fight scene similar to the arena fight in episode 2! and i am trying to clone people becuase i don't have that many people for the fight! the question i am asking is can i just use the samefootage but move it a little next to the old footage instead of taping two shots then just putting togther,can i jsut tape once and then masking out the background completey and then just putting it right next to the footage!!! Would that work??? And the second question is how do i install a 1/2 aluminum blade into a random saber!! do i have to have the blade kit kind of like the carbon fiber kit!! so would that work too!!

2. DVeditor

DVeditor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2001
    Yes you can duplicate the footage and use it twice. However you may come across results that look less than natural due to the repeated motion. But once you have a layer with isolated movement by your talent you can use it as many times as you feel needed. ;)

Just a quick note - please try not to use so many exclamation marks in your posts. It's very hard to read that way. :)

Good luck!

3. durbnpoisn

durbnpoisn TFN Staff Cast & Crew Database star 5 VIP

May 20, 2002
    Hey, I know you... You've been emailing me about this for the past couple of days. :D

It's okay to bring up stuff like this in the open forum. Sometimes asking/answering questions for all to see is helpfull to some others.

I concur with DVEditor there. Whereas it's possible to put many clones, even of duplicate footage, if you make it to obvious, it's going to wreck the effect of it. Also, placement on the battlefield will look funny if you film a guy on the right in the front, and you clone him to appear in the back on the left.

If you really want it to look good, you should film each clone exactly where they should be in the scene. If it's really necessary to duplicate footage, try to at least stagger the in and out points on the clip so they aren't doing the exact same thing at the exact same time.

Question 2:
    how do i install a 1/2 aluminum blade into a random saber!! do i have to have the blade kit kind of like the carbon fiber kit!! so would that work too!!

This information can be found in the sticky threads above... But, in short, the best thing to do is drill a hold through the side of the saber, right through where your rod is inserted. Then secure a bolt through the hole to hold it. Then, to prevent the blade from wiggling, you can use electrical tape and wrap it around the rod at the point where it comes out of the hilt. That will hold it nice and snug.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.