main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cloning, the Empire could have made better use of the technology.

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by shoney, Jan 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shoney

shoney Jedi Master star 1

Nov 27, 2006
    When I look back at the period that the Empire ruled the galaxy I can't help wondering why they did'nt take more advantage of cloning. I know they used it to populate their army and navy, as well as making use of non-clone humans. They could have done so much more. Why not make a clone of Vader? Would a clone of vader have the same force ability. My answer would be no, but how do we know for sure. Did anyone ever try to clone someone who was force sensitive? What if a clone could be as strong in the force? Think of the possibilites, a whole army of vaders, or maybe an army of Skywalkers. They could have used Lukes severd hand to make clones of him. I know what your thinking, even if it could be done, why would vader an Sidious want a bunch of force sensitive clones running around. Why would the clones need to know that they are strong in the force? I mean force sensitive babies did'nt stop being born just because the Empire was in charge. These babies were never identified as force sensitive so nobody knew. I don't know why the empire were not more creative with their cloning (perhaps they did'nt feel like they needed to be), but it would have fun to see what would have happend.

2. andkiich

andkiich Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2005
    The Sith would not want more than 2 of them...and having force sensitives would be bad either way.

If they(the clones) had Sith intent, they would be fighting over who was the strongest and we have the Sith era before the rule of 2 again.

If they(the clones) had Jedi intent, they would be a threat to the Sith in that they would join forces and try to overthrow the Emperor and Vader.

The Empire just needs troops, better at thinking than a droid and clones are the way they decided to go.

And besides, the clones are weak minded compared to a Jedi or Sith, they would not have been as easily influenced by brainwashing as a non-force sensitive clone would be.

3. Darth_Falcon

Darth_Falcon Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 11, 2002
    This is your answer in a nutshell. Anymore Force Sensitive beings and they become a threat to the Emperor.

For your information. In Timothy Zahns trilogy, the Emperor did clone a Jedi and tasked him with protection of the Emperors secret storage facility. This clone in turn did clone a Luke using Lukes severed hand.

4. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
  5. Jamiebacca

Jamiebacca Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2003
    TZ's triology + what we know now of the 'Clone Wars'...

Jeez, enough conitunuity holes for ya?

o_O

6. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    if you make a point that has barely anything to do with the topic, at least spell it correctly

7. Jamiebacca

Jamiebacca Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2003
    I'll apologize for the typo. :rolleyes:

Although, I'm reading all this irrelevent EU stuff, and I'm getting pegged for going off topic?

8. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    Continuity holes created by anything Zahn wrote and/or the Clone Wars cartoons belong in Literature

their content, continuity-preserving or not, is a possible answer to the speculative question asked, or at least relevant info

Since this is pretty much a what-if-thread, continuity problems can hardly apply - there is no continuity

what, then, did that have to do with the topic? hiding behind the "EU is evil" curtain is irrelevant

9. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    EU is evil.

10. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Even if you could clone a Force user that doesn't automatically mean you'll have an army of Sith or Jedi on hand. I could clone Arnold Schwarzenegger and all you'll wind up with is a guy that looks like Arnie but still needs to hit the gym for many hours a week and eat six times a day to get those 22" arm and bench press 500 pounds.

11. AnakinSucks

AnakinSucks Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 15, 2005
    It was not his fault, it was that blasted Obi-wan's fault. I can smell his foul stench behind it.

12. Obi-WanKenobi06

Obi-WanKenobi06 Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2006
    I think everyone else said it perfectly already. What reason does Palpatine have to create an army of force sensitives? As VadersLaMent pointed out, they wouldn't really even be able to use those powers unless someone taught them. At the highest point of his rule, he didn't need anything beyond a lot of troopers to keep order. There were no Jedi or other Sith to threaten him, so he didn't need specially trained Force sensitive soldiers to guard him. There was no reason to do it and he runs the risk that they could turn against him.

13. skyysoblue

skyysoblue Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 15, 2005
    Anakin Skywalker was a creation of the force itself. (he had no father) The mitichlorons (sp?) may not be something that can be genetically reproduced during cloning. Although Luke was strong with the force, there is no indication that he had the same basic abilities as his father.

An idea clone has no real free will, follows orders and is expendible. As said above, an army of sith or jedi would be uncontrollable.

14. Delorean_Kenobi

Delorean_Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Mar 14, 2003
    I would have thought that millions of troops cloned from Jango Fett should be considered good enough.

15. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Obi-Zahn Kenobi Force Ghost star 7

Aug 23, 1999
    I think that the implication from the movie is pretty clear; Plagueis created Anakin.

16. Delorean_Kenobi

Delorean_Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Mar 14, 2003
    I'm not really convinced of that.

I just think that Anakin treated Palpatine as a sympathetic ear for his complaints about his Jedi training and may have mentioned his mysterious parentage with him at one point, obviously not knowing Palpatine was a Sith.

My theory is that Palpatine then invented the tale about "Darth Plagius The Wise" being able to manipulate the Force to create life. I think it was just a story to interest Anakin in the potential of the Darkside. The Force itself created Anakin when the balance was affected by the increasing Darkside presence. Just my theory!

17. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    There's evidence if one includes Lucas's quotes as canon that Luke was equal to his father.

"You got it. And when he finds out Luke is his son, his first impulse is to figure out a way of getting him to join him to kill the Emperor. That's what Siths do! He tries it with anybody he thinks might be more powerful, which is what the Emperor was looking for in the first place: somebody who would be more powerful than he was and could help him rule the universe. But Obi-Wan screwed that up by cutting off his arms and legs and burning him up. From then on, he wasn't as strong as the Emperor -- he was like Darth Maul or Count Dooku. He wasn't what he was supposed to become. But the son could become that." - Lucas in a Rolling Stone Article

If one also includes the EU, a case can be made that Luke is stronger than Anakin was

"A Warrior needed to contend with equals. Obi-Wan was gone, and the other Jedi were all extinct, save one, who was the strongest of them all. His own son." - Vader in Shadows of the Empire

18. Ree

Ree Jedi Master star 5

Jan 25, 2005
    There probably wasn't enough human tissue left to clone Vader:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.