main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cloning

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Coonsan, Feb 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coonsan

Coonsan Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 3, 2003
    I'm a tad confused on how cloning works in the GFFA. We have the Kamino cloning, which just clones a person. But, if unaltered, they retain Jango's personality, but not his memories. Now with Spaarti Cloning, it gets a bit more complicated. Force users can move their "essence" into clone bodies, like the Emperor did in DE. Now, when he cloned Bevel after killing him, Bevel retained his memories but in a new body. Now I guess the Emperor moved his "essence" into a clone body? Now Jorus was cloned, and he kept his Force ability, but didn't seem to have his memories. The Clones of Fel also didn't have his memories, but had his abilities. Now what would have happened if the clone of Thrawn had been let loose? Would he have memories? or just abilities? Or nothing? Just want a clear up on the different kinds of cloning and how the Force is involved.

Thanks

2. Havet_Storm

Havet_Storm Jedi Master star 3

May 19, 2004
    Kamminoan cloning doesn't retain the personality - other than genetic traits that make a person more predisposed towards violence etc - although those genes are not proven to exist, but are just theorised I believe (in the real world)

3. Gloria

Gloria Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    Paging killfire. :p

4. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Kaminoan cloning is coupled with conditioning, the assumption being that their training regimens will bring the clones to the full potential available to them genetically. Spaarti cloning often involves the implanting of memory and experience, uploaded into the brains of the rapidly maturing clone body. This, coupled with disturbances in the Force caused by the Spaarti process, (distrubances that would seem to persist in Kaminoan cloning, albeit much more faintly) often drove clones mad.

5. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    Clones can either a) be left to develop their own personalities and so forth, making them essentially nothing more than an identical twin of the DNA doner (Fett clones, probably most military clones) or b) have memories and personality flash-imprinted on their brains, making them either believe themselves to be the original person (Ysaane Isard, Joruus C'Baoth) or have all the memories of the doner but be aware of being a clone, and develop their personality from the point of decanting (Fel clones, etc.). There are also special cases like Palpatiine and so on, where the clone body was actually posessed by the spirit/force essence/whatever of the original Palpatine (although the mentaly stability of the spirit is debatable), the Lemelisk clones, which were either the result of flash-imprinting or some sort of spirit-transfer, or the GeNode clones, which were apparently had constructed memories and personality and were unaware of being clones.

6. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    the Khommite clones like Dorsk-81 fit under type "a" - identical copies of the source material, but developing their own individual being and personality.

7. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    Yep.

8. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

The Hammerheads of Ithor had cloning too; agricultural techniques. Didn't the Biths clone themselves, their chemical war rendering them unbreedable?

9. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Ithorians, yes. I'm not sure about the Bith, though.

Arkanians also had cloning tech.

10. Coonsan

Coonsan Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 3, 2003
    Thanks for the help

11. hyouriittai

hyouriittai Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2005
    I think you're correct about the Bith, too, if I remember correctly from, I think, one of the alien anthologies for the d20 RPG.

12. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

I got that from Tyrant's Test, I think. When Organa Solo was musing on the members of the Justice Council, how their aliens would vote. The Bith rep was deeply pacificist, owing to Clak'dor 7's ruinous war.

13. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I blame the Force for Spar getting Jango's memories.

14. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    I blame deus ex machina.

15. Sauron_18

Sauron_18 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 1, 2005
    Well, Palpatine moved from clone to clone because of the force, maybe partly he was downloaded into them, but I dunno

16. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Yes, but Palpatine was a Force user that moved himself from body to body.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.