Spring, MO Close Call

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by Darth_Mordus, Dec 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Mordus Jedi Master

star 1
    Folks, I want to tell you how lucky I am to be able to write you this evening. I was unfortunate enought to be the victim of an armed robbery. Let me tell you, no matter how skilled at self defense you are, nothing can prepare you for that. I have to admit, I am and was one of those people that felt "it could never happen to me". Well, it did and when you have a gun barrel pointed in your face everything that is more important than trying to be a hero flashes before your eyes. I can't even begin to describe the humbling feeling of helplessness. Why am I writing this? Well, first I needed to get it off my chest. Second, I want you all to be mindfull of those around you and take extra special care this time of year. People that are looking for the easy way to get money have no morals and don't care who they hurt to get it.

May the Force be with you.
  2. Darth_Capulus Jedi Knight

star 1
    Wow, that is scary, never had that happen to me before, and I hope it stays that way. I'm sure you're still a bit shaken from the event, but just remember that you walked away from the event; don't go through the "what if's" on the situation. I'm glad to hear that you're ok, hope all goes well for you for the rest of the holidays.
  3. Nikana- Jedi Knight

star 2
    Norm, wth? Where was this and what time?

I'm so happy you're okay. That's really horrible.
  4. Darth_Mordus Jedi Master

star 1
    Thanks for the concern. I had just gotten out of the Midnight showing of King Kong and had to go to Kum-n-go for some milk. Some punks followed me from Battlefield and Glenstone and into the driveway that runs the length of duplexes we live in. I was getting out of the car when this puke shoved a pistol in my face and demanded my wallet. It happened right in front of my garage at about 3:30am.
  5. mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA

star 4
    Norm! OMG! Thank goodness you're ok!
    ... great, this happened to you and it makes me cry!

I'm just glad you're ok! *huggs*.... what would I do if I lost my XO!
  6. Master_Byrd Jedi Master

star 4
    OMG, I can't believe this crap happened in Springfield. The important thing is you're okay.
  7. Darth_Capulus Jedi Knight

star 1
    For stories like this it makes me glad I'm a bit on the paranoid side, if I even think someone might be following me I'll circle the block to make sure (I'm sure the neighbors wonder if I'm scoping them out at times; but oh well, better safe than sorry). How's Stacy taking all of this? Hope she's doing ok too since it happened so close to home.
  8. Darth_Mordus Jedi Master

star 1
    My wife is stil freaking out about the whole thing. Specially since it happened right in front of our house.

*UPDATE*
    My wallet has been recovered, my debit cards and cash have not.

Per our request, my landlord has installed a motion light above our garage and long life bulbs in our porch and garage light.

I am still having a bit of trouble sleeping, but begining to cope.
  9. Var_Pallo Jedi Knight

I'm glad your OK. Tell Stacy to hang in there and you to. I'll see you Saturday.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.