main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Toronto Close Encounters of the Star Wars Kind!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Kenobi2, May 30, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kenobi2

Kenobi2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Hey everybody!

I purchased the CE3K DVD yesterday and watched the documentaries last night.

In one section, Dennis Muren, of ILM fame goes on about filming the Mothership and describes how they inserted a familiar droid into the design!

Take a look at the screen capture! Cool!

... Ok, image is probably too large to insert here, so...

[link=http://209.250.159.235/graphics/uploads/R2_in_CE3K.jpg]Try here![/link]

Anybody know why the markup codes don't work??

2. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    heheh, cool!

I'm going to pick this disc up, hopefully Friday. Have you seen it cheaper than Futureshop's price of $26.99?

3. Kenobi2

Kenobi2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    To be honest, the only other place I've been to this week besides FS is Zellers, and I did happen to see it there, for $29.

I would imagine, the only other place that MIGHT have it cheaper is Walmart.

It's definitely worth getting, a Sci-Fi Classic!

4. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    I think I saw it advertised at WalMart for $27. Futureshop is a better place to look around for more stuff. So, I can see going there to pick it up.

Next Tuesday is going to be fun:

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.
    The Fugitive: Special Edition
    The Muppet Movie
    And I think some episodes are being released on DVD that day too.
    if only I had the money for all, but CTHD is a must buy. Fugitive is $22.

RUMOUR: September 25-The Simpsons: Season 1 Box will be released
    soucre: DVDSewer
    DVDSewer.com also backs up the October 16 TPM rumour.

5. TopGun2001

TopGun2001 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 25, 2001

Yessirree, next Tuesday will be fun indeed, with "Bachelor Party" AND "That Thing You Do" AND "Two Girls And A Guy" all getting the boffo DVD-treatment they so justly deserve.

Shudder.

I'm definitely looking forward to Unbreakable, though, plus July's 2-disc editions of Akira & Snatch. Must-find-real-job first, though.

I picked up Close Encounters on credit yesterday at CD Replay, though... the third DVD I've gotten this month (after Abyss and Clerks-Animated) just by trading in a bunch of crappy old CD's.

(though I have yet to find a buyer for "CHANTMANIA".) :D

6. Cristalia

Cristalia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2000
    Hey...I liked That Thing You Do....it was an interesting little parody of a whole bunch of things. Not enough to -own-, granted...

Cris~

7. TopGun2001

TopGun2001 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 25, 2001

I never actually saw TTYD... did wind up buying the soundtrack though for some reason. Hard to believe that those catchingly-irritating Wonders songs were the brainchild of Adam Schlesinger (Fountains Of Wayne) and Mike Viola (The Candy Butchers). Damn.

(Though I still think that Adam's theme to SNL's "TV Funhouse!" will be the pinnacle of his distinguished career).

Looking back on this and previous posts, my word-of-the-day seems to be "THOUGH".

(Or, as Neufoundlanders pronounce it, "d'oh"!)

~mike~

8. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    I have a few cds and dvds (two that came free with my player--Sister Act 2 and Stepmom that I wouldn't have any problems trading them in).

What store do your recommend doing this at? Good selection, good credit, good prices, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.