main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto Close Encounters of the Star Wars Kind!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Kenobi2, May 30, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kenobi2

Kenobi2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Hey everybody!

I purchased the CE3K DVD yesterday and watched the documentaries last night.

In one section, Dennis Muren, of ILM fame goes on about filming the Mothership and describes how they inserted a familiar droid into the design!

Take a look at the screen capture! Cool!

... Ok, image is probably too large to insert here, so...

Try here!

Anybody know why the markup codes don't work??

2. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    heheh, cool!

I'm going to pick this disc up, hopefully Friday. Have you seen it cheaper than Futureshop's price of $26.99?

3. Kenobi2

Kenobi2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    To be honest, the only other place I've been to this week besides FS is Zellers, and I did happen to see it there, for $29.

I would imagine, the only other place that MIGHT have it cheaper is Walmart.

It's definitely worth getting, a Sci-Fi Classic!

4. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    I think I saw it advertised at WalMart for $27. Futureshop is a better place to look around for more stuff. So, I can see going there to pick it up.

Next Tuesday is going to be fun:

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.
    The Fugitive: Special Edition
    The Muppet Movie
    And I think some episodes are being released on DVD that day too.
    if only I had the money for all, but CTHD is a must buy. Fugitive is $22.

RUMOUR: September 25-The Simpsons: Season 1 Box will be released
    soucre: DVDSewer
    DVDSewer.com also backs up the October 16 TPM rumour.

5. TopGun2001

TopGun2001 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 25, 2001

Yessirree, next Tuesday will be fun indeed, with "Bachelor Party" AND "That Thing You Do" AND "Two Girls And A Guy" all getting the boffo DVD-treatment they so justly deserve.

Shudder.

I'm definitely looking forward to Unbreakable, though, plus July's 2-disc editions of Akira & Snatch. Must-find-real-job first, though.

I picked up Close Encounters on credit yesterday at CD Replay, though... the third DVD I've gotten this month (after Abyss and Clerks-Animated) just by trading in a bunch of crappy old CD's.

(though I have yet to find a buyer for "CHANTMANIA".) :D

6. Cristalia

Cristalia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2000
    Hey...I liked That Thing You Do....it was an interesting little parody of a whole bunch of things. Not enough to -own-, granted...

Cris~

7. TopGun2001

TopGun2001 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 25, 2001

I never actually saw TTYD... did wind up buying the soundtrack though for some reason. Hard to believe that those catchingly-irritating Wonders songs were the brainchild of Adam Schlesinger (Fountains Of Wayne) and Mike Viola (The Candy Butchers). Damn.

(Though I still think that Adam's theme to SNL's "TV Funhouse!" will be the pinnacle of his distinguished career).

Looking back on this and previous posts, my word-of-the-day seems to be "THOUGH".

(Or, as Neufoundlanders pronounce it, "d'oh"!)

~mike~

8. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    I have a few cds and dvds (two that came free with my player--Sister Act 2 and Stepmom that I wouldn't have any problems trading them in).

What store do your recommend doing this at? Good selection, good credit, good prices, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.