main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Closer than Blood (Cast of FOTJ, OCs)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Revanfan1, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    Excellent job on bother chapters. My reaction to Jacen Droid taking its life was the same as Ben's. Not sure how Ben will feel with Vestara or a droid with her feelings - still out there will be.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  2. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Nyota's Heart, jcgoble3, Darkwriter, earlybird-obi-wan, Gemma, Force Smuggler, JediMaster_Jen, Anakin Solo Revanchist, EGKenobi

Chapter 21

Malinza lunged forward and tackled Werest to the ground. Werest grunted, rolled over, and kicked her in the jaw. Malinza jerked her blaster from its holster and trained it at him. He swung his fist and knocked her back. She grunted and pistol-whipped him across the jaw. He toppled to the ground.

"Don't move!" she ordered.

She kept her blaster trained on him and moved forward, reaching for her stun-cuffs. Jysella and Valin sprinted out and quickly grabbed Werest by his arms. Malinza quickly slapped the cuffs on him.

"Good work, Malinza," Valin said.

"Thanks," she replied. She pulled out her comlink. "SDSF, this is Officer Thanas. Request reinforcements at my location."

"Roger that," replied Dispatch.

"You don't get it, do you?" hissed Werest. "What I was doing would've saved the galaxy."

"What you're doing is sick," Malinza replied.

In moments, police speeders came down. Four officers clambered out, blasters trained. They dragged Werest into the back of one of the speeders.

"You'll see!" Werest growled. "You'll regret this!"

Malinza shrugged and turned to Valin and Jysella. "Let's see if the others need help."

The next day, the Jedi–now including a bandaged Kunor Bann–headed back to the Shadow. While the others piled into the ship, Ben and Allana stood outside. Ben had his arm wrapped protectively around her shoulder.

"So it looked like my dad?" she said softly.

"Yeah," Ben replied. He had decided it was best to not let her see the droid's body. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay."

Malinza walked into the docking back. Ben leaned forward and hugged her. She hugged him back warmly.

"Ben..." she said. "It was good to see you. Tell your dad that I said hi."

"I will," Ben promised. "It was good to see you again. Take care of yourself, Malinza."

"You do the same, Ben."

Ben smiled and nodded. Allana hugged Malinza, and then she and Ben went up into the ship. Tekli had Kunor in the medbay and was patching up his minor injuries. Valin and Jysella had departed in their own ship. Seha was up in the cockpit.

"Ben, can I get a chocolate drink from the galley?"

"Yeah," he replied.

He walked up into the cockpit and put a hand on Seha's shoulder, rubbing it gently.

"Hey," she said softly.

"Hey, yourself," he replied. "What happened to that Vestara replica?"

Seha considered. "I don't know...she left."

"Left?"

She nodded. "Ben...do we need to talk?"

"Yeah, I think so." Ben closed his eyes. "I'm sorry, Seha. I was so focused on Vestara..." he chuckled, "and Jysella...that you and I didn't get any real time together on this trip."

Seha shrugged. "It was a mission, Ben. It's okay."

He smiled and clasped hands with her. They sat there for a long moment.

"So she's still out there, huh?" he finally said.

"Yes, but I don't think she'll be a problem anymore."

Ben gave her a confused look. "Huh?"

She smiled. "Just a feeling."

Vestara stood on a hill outside Salis D'aar, her arms crossed. In the distance, she could just see the Salis D'aar spaceport. Before long, she'd be going there to book passage offworld. She could still make a life for herself. She wasn't sure who she was anymore, without Ben, or the Sith, or anybody else. But she'd find out.

Right now, though, she had something she wanted to see.

She held her electrobinoculars up to her eyes, focusing on the spaceport. Before long, she could see the distant shape of the Jade Shadow rising out of its dock. She kept her gaze on it all the way into orbit, until it disappeared. Then, she lowered her electrobinoculars.

"Goodbye, Ben."

Tears in her eyes, she walked toward her future.

END

Gemma and jcgoble3 like this.
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Superb and very satisfying close. =D= Thanks for sharing. :)

Revanfan1 likes this.
  4. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Wonderful conclusion! :D

Revanfan1 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  5. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Great wrap-up. I'm interested to know what happens to droid!Vestara now.

Gemma and Revanfan1 like this.
  6. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Thanks, Force Smuggler, Nyota's Heart, jcgoble3.

So. I'm definitely continuing this story. Here's what I want to know. Would you guys be interested in reading it from now on as my Dear Diary Challenge 2015, from Ben's point of view? I'm thinking that's the way I'm going to do it.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  7. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Where would you go from here?

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    If you write it, [face_batting] I'll read it! [:D]

Gemma, Revanfan1 and jcgoble3 like this.
  9. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    What she said. You have crafted an amazing storyline here, and I will read its continuation in any format. :D

Gemma, Revanfan1 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  10. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Thanks, guys! It means a lot. :D

I'm planning on focusing more on Ben and Seha for a while, getting their relationship more fuel. Moving on...I'm not sure yet what the big overarching threat will be yet, but I have until the beginning of 2015 to figure that out. :p

Before long it'll have to be less big threats, because we're approaching a point in time where things have to get peaceful for a while, because when the One Sith inevitably rise up, it's supposed to be in a time where the Galactic Alliance and Empire are at odds, but otherwise a relatively peaceful time. Sure, that's not for another 80 or so years, but I like to think that Luke and co. passed away peacefully, in a time where they could see the fruits of their labor at last; a short 40 or so years of peace before everything breaks loose. So eventually (very soon; in fact, the diary might finish that up), I'll have to work toward that, and start writing in a different era (ooh, I'd like to try my hand at Rebels).

Alternatively, I was planning on continuing this story in this format, and making my Dear Diary Challenge from the point of view of an Episode VII character, but we hardly have any details on them, let alone enough to write a story about. So unless there's a massive leak in the next 13 days (which, I guess, there could be), that won't happen. However, once VII does come out that'll mean lots of new fanfic for me to write, so yay. ;)

Gemma, Force Smuggler and jcgoble3 like this.
  11. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Wonderful end to a very captivating story

Revanfan1 likes this.
  12. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    Wonderful close - that still can lead to more. I agree you write in any format and I will follow and read. I'd like to see you take a crack at Rebels. I think you would do very well with those characters.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  13. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Seconded! :D

Gemma and Revanfan1 like this.