main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW Closure of the NSW Boards..

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Adalia-Durron , Aug 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Really sorry guys, I know this was one of the first and original Australian boards, but the traffic here is nil, I get more in the dead end court I live in. I will give it two more weeks in hopes of a sudden reprisal of actions, but after that time I will be forced to follow TF.N rules. Really sorry guys.

2. Shadowfire

Shadowfire Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 1998
    Thanks for the warning on our impending doom.

3. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    It was fun while it lasted...

4. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Can't say Pleasure Shadowfire cause it's just not on so many levels. It was, but sadly I guess this good thing has come to it's end Rebel :(

5. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    I used to hang out here a lot when I first joined the boards. This place was a hive of activity and it was fun making a lot of new friends.

All that history...

Thank you for the heads up.

6. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
  7. Kehleyr

Kehleyr Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    /wave

8. TheOzhaggis

TheOzhaggis Jedi Master star 5

Nov 1, 2000

damn twittlebook+

*hugs*

9. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    And yet there is more activity here in the last 20 hours than the last two months! Come now guys, you can do this, once a day, once every two or three days! Just talk and stuff!!!

10. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I am happy to do that, also who is willing to do the same?

We had interest threads before, we could do something similar or the same to get things moving again.

11. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Nice Work Outrider!! Come on you lot, you filthy lurkers! Stop lurking and get posting!!!

12. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    C'mon Oz, ya can't go blamin the Social Networks, especially considering the FFNSW Facebook group hasn't had input since June 2008... (Until I go and post there right now that is)

In an attempt to start conversation, Adalia is it possible to unlock this thread?

13. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Thank you Adalia-Durron, :).

That's a good idea Rebel_Padawan, there is so much happening lately in regards to that thread topic.

I remember there was a gaming thread we had as well... I'll hunt it down when I get a chance tomorrow.

14. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    Is TFN paying per forum? What's the harm in leaving the lights on for anyone who wants to connect with other local fans?

15. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    We are moving (yeah yeah, I have been hearing it for some time now. ;) ) I doubt they want to move the 'dead weight' as such. Like if you moved house, you'd not take that disused lounge that you keep in the shed. Like I said, I am sorry, but the rules are clear, and I've allowed this board to stay here for over a year more than it really should have, you guys, Qld and Westerdan Australia. Although its clear you guys are all still about and I have yet to get a responce from either of them.

I have unlocked the thread you requested. Keep it up guys and this will all be moot ;)

16. Dags

Dags Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 3, 2000
    Ahhh the irony of it all. For months this forum has laid dormant and then as soon as "closure" is announced all these people pop out of the woodwork.

What this means is that plenty of people have been been checking here regularly but no one has wanted to say anything - definately a far cry from 10 years ago!

Even though there's a bit of flurry going on at the moment, let's see what's happening by the end of the year and how committed the NSW fans are to keeping this place alive!

17. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Good point! All they have to do is post once a week, or twice would be better. Comment on social news, judge a movie or just complain about a family member!! Something! ;)

18. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I do notice a pattern while looking over the threads that I am usually the last person to post in a thread before the timelock kicks in. As though I've jinxed and killed it. [face_worried]

19. Dags

Dec 3, 2000
    For this reason alone, I'll make sure I don't post anything after you ... ooops! :eek:

20. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Soon it'll be like:

"No one could have predicted Dr. Grant jumping out of a moving vehicle!.... See? Here I am now, by myself, talking to myself-That's Chaos Theory!"

:p

21. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Arh, Jurrasic Park...classic.

22. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I love those films and novels. I can't believe that in a lil under 2 years time that it will be the 20th anniversary of the first Jurassic Park film. If think things work out how Spielberg plans... there might be a 4th one ready to come out around then or the year after.

Edit: I should probably mention this in the movie thread too.

23. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Yeah, I heard they were making a fourth, and I did kinda think that was over the top.

I saw the first one when it came out and I can remember being terrified! I came home that night and tried to find a place to hide in my own home from a freaking T Rex. Worse still, my brother in law took his 7 year old son. The boy had nightmares for weeks! LOL! Funny, my son adores the movies and went completely dino nuts for a very long time around here!

24. Dags

Dec 3, 2000
    I saw it in the US before it opened here in OZ at a big THX certified cinema. The only problem is that myself and the other three guys I travelled with had only just flown into the US a few hours previously. As a result all three of the guys fell asleep in their cinema seats waiting for the film to start ... needless to say they didn't stay asleep for very long :)

I actually used the Jurassic Park main theme as my wedding march.

25. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    That's awesome Dags that you had the main theme as your wedding march! John Williams' music is just brilliant and that piece is beautiful.

I wasn't able to see the first one at the cinema... we saw Bambi instead (even heard the Rex roaring from the other cinema overpowering the sound in ours) and I had to wait for it to come out on VHS :(. I did get Michael Crichton's novel and that was a pretty intense and cool read at that age and I still read it again every year or so. I love the second film too but the third.... after watching all three back to back... I found a number of issues with the third one that gets me all fired up.

I really hope the fourth one works out properly in capturing the spirit of the series while balancing the science and adventure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.