main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW Closure of the NSW Boards..

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Adalia-Durron , Aug 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    The third one felt like they were looking for an excuse, any excuse to put big dinosaurs on the screen. It was poor at best.

2. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    It felt that way. I do wonder how it might turn out if Spielberg had directed it. I've heard that the studio wanted the production to be pushed out before the script was finalised which is part of the trouble. Even the animals themselves just.... *cringes* I try to reframe from ranting but the issues I have are with the hybrid Pteranodons, Raptors and the Spinosaur. It does feel like an excuse to put new animals in and let them loose.

3. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    On another note, Speilbergs Falling Skies is not too bad at all, bit second class on the special effects, but a good story and solid action!

And chaning the subject again....

THE JEDI PATH

The complete locked box with the 'Jedi Bible' inside is at Big W right now for $50!!!! For all of you who put 'Jedi' down as your religion for the census, this is a MUST! That way if they question your choices, you have the bible to show them!! Falls into their minimum $50 layby category so put it on Christmas Layby for yourself people!

[image=http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim/2011/06/16/Jedi-Path_610x458.jpg]

DO YOURSELVES A FAVOUR!!!

4. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    I had seen that in the brochure, but wasn't sure what it is.

Hmm will definitely need to take a closer look at it.

5. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    $50!! Wasn't it $120 before? Wow.... I didn't think they'd stock it outside bookstores...

That book is worth checking out.

6. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    It was only via Amazon before, and for $120 plus postage! So now you can layby it at Big W for $50!!! BARGAIN!! ! MUST HAVE! Well, I have one on layby now...woot!![face_dancing]

7. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I got a copy back in January along with the SW: Chronicles: Prequel Edition from Abbey's. The details they put into the book makes it feel special, well worth it.

Let me know what you think of it! :D

8. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    So, are the boards still closing, with all this chatter happening? Man this place was the shiz back in the day!

9. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    sits back in her god like overlordish giant gold chair and considers the options. Smiling she leans forward.

I have decided that this board will remain alive! I have also decided (after consultation with a member here) that as your current CR has not posted, it might be time for an ELECTION!!

Ok, you know I'm kidding about the big gold chair and god like attitude, that's not me. But I do want this board to stay alive and I will be announcing an election. ;)

10. Dags

Dags Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 3, 2000
    Anyone who talks about a Jedi religion and takes it SERIOUSLY as if it were for real need to be fed to a Nexu. :mad:

People who truly believe in a Jedi religion are on a par with Star Trek fans who speak Klingon - ie beyond the level of losers.

11. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Wooo Hooo!! I'm beyond a Loser! WOOT!! Ok, I don't speak Klingon, but my brother does! :p

12. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Oh, I've heard a lot of bizzare things about a group called the Jedi Church in the UK... it sounds more like media attention seeking than actual religious beliefs.

As for Klingon... You got me remembering that episode of Frasier where he was mislead to read a speech in Klingon believing it was some other language.

13. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I remember that episode, but hey, they use Klingon on Big Bang Theory! God I love that show! I want the poster that Leonard has in his room, the Rebel Alliance one. But alas, it's now selling for over $700 in the US.....and I can't see me paying that for a poster. I do love the figure beside his bed too, not sure if its Han or Luke in Stormie gear, but I have the Luke and it was a laugh to see it.

14. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000
    I have my ep2 bus stop jango poster, i'm a happy man :)

15. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I love the Big Bang Theory. I keep looking at the background to see which collectibles they have out. I think that might be the Han in trooper armour, I'll have to rewatch again to make sure. Season 4 comes out on DVD soon!

16. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Locking this as its kinda redundant now. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.