main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Clothes and Fashion in the Galaxy Far Far Away

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Gamiel, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Okej, but why should she be dismissed? Also were is her goitre mention because I don't remember that

2. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    I was mentioning the goiter to point at the fact that, strangely, Tarkona was designed with features that are unseen on other females and traditionally appear on males only: goiter, head bumps and so on. I meant that Tarkona's style of dress may not be representative of the average female Twi'lek, since she is obviously different and tomboyish.

3. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    The theme is "female twi'leks in non-sexy clothes" and Nolaa Tarkona IS a female twi'leks in non-sexy clothes

4. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    The same applies to Doc as well. I think both cases had to do with some confusion between what differentiated male and female Twi'leks in the 90s. Case in point, I thought Doc was a guy when I first read that issue of X-Wing.

5. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Yub. However, Doc was later redesigned, contrary to Tarkona.

6. Katarn's Beard

Katarn's Beard Jedi Knight

Jan 21, 2014
    [​IMG]

Simple, utilitarian, wouldn't look out of place in the cantina scene in ANH. Whoever designed this did good.

7. Ordo N-11

Ordo N-11 Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 28, 2013
    On the subject of well-dressed Twi'leks, here is a smuggler from SWTOR.

[​IMG]

Iron_lord likes this.
  8. patchworkz7

patchworkz7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 26, 2004
    I'm now crushed we haven't seen more of the Mistryl Shadow Guard and their fascinating choices in special operations wear:

[​IMG]

Ordo N-11 likes this.
  9. SheaHublin

SheaHublin Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 15, 2008
    Behold: The Sixth Dignitary! Doesn't that just look exactly like EU depictions of Sate Pestage, who was mentioned in the Official Starships and Vehicles Collection #22 with the following description:
    [​IMG]
    Click the image for a bigger version...

10. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Interesting that she also has the pushed-up goggles thing going on.

11. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    You're looking at her pushed-up goggles?!

12. Ordo N-11

Ordo N-11 Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 28, 2013

I've never understood the goggles on Smugglers. I understand they are pilots, but they're flying a big spaceship. You're not going to get anything in your eye.

13. patchworkz7

Mar 26, 2004
    In a universe where swoop bikes and repulsor driven high speed open cockpit ground vehicles are not an uncommon conveyance, I can kinda understand where goggles are a part of a smugglers wardrobe.

Also, considering how many times we see Han and Chewie welding stuff in the Falcon, it's clear that being a smuggler means having to do spot welds and other hazardous repairs at a moments notice.

14. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I like her armour.

15. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I agree that she is well dressed but is that... catsuit (right?), non-sexy?

16. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I think that depends on the person. I don't consider it sexy. I'm pretty hard to impress when it comes to fellow females, though. :)

Gorefiend and Gamiel like this.
  17. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

I always figured that is actually just her "decorative Body Guard" outfit. At least I hope.

Ordo N-11 likes this.
  18. patchworkz7

Mar 26, 2004

Tactical Boob Window is a well known Visual Counter-measure.

19. patchworkz7

Mar 26, 2004
    I would not consider that a "catsuit". If you look at the Mistyrl Shadow Guard, that's closer to a catsuit, what the Twi'lek is wearing is an obviously padded flight/jump suit that looks like it may have some armoured panels built in.

Catsuits are more like one piece body stockings that would lack the padding and protection that smuggler's outfit has, more like a leotard, the implication is that it's not padded but could be made of leather or something that is very tight to the body, but closer to a leotard than what the smuggler is wearing. It's hard to translate and "catsuit" is used to cover more than just a thin garment, but the implication is that it'd be something that is more like a body stocking, or a one piece costume that is skin tight.

ETA: I hadn't seen the question from Gamiel until this morning or I wouldn't have posted twice in a row, apologies to Uli, if I could still edit the previous post I would.

20. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Thanks for the explenation, we had a discussion about catsuits earlier in the thread and the impression I got was: really tight coveralls; and that twi'lek's fligthsuit is rather tight so I was thinking that maybe it counted

21. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    It does have the sexiness boost for being formfitting and partially leather, but unlike a lot of outfits, it looks to be quite practical as well. It's functional, and the attractive element is how it complements her curves and form, rather than exposed skin like many sci-fi fantasy female outfits.

22. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I am of the belief that sexiness don't need to have anything with the amount of skin showed, a fully dressed person can be way more sexy than a near nude person

23. seeker_two

seeker_two Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 3, 2003
    How is a tight leather jumpsuit practical for anything?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

24. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    To be fair, a catsuit don't need to be made of leather
    And, from wikipedia
    Alos by the look of it, some models of motorcycle leathers could count as a catsuit

P.s. I don't think that twi'lek's coverall is made by leather

25. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012