main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Clothes and Fashion in the Galaxy Far Far Away

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Gamiel, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I said fashion, not clothes

2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Nudity is a certain fashion. :cool:

But naw, there's plenty of examples of Wookiee (2 e's, BTW ;) )fashion. Look at Tarfful and his dreadlock things. Chak from Legacy has a similar hair style, though his hair was just plainly let down when he was younger.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There's also a good amount of Wookiees who wear utility belts, since they're generally into mechanic work, though there's probably plenty like Chewie who favor the satchel attached to a bandolier arrangement.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Starkeiller likes this.
  3. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Personally, I always really liked wookiee armor:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also the wookiee shield soldiers in force unleashed, though I cannot find an image of those.

4. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Teenage fashion of the NR-era
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Gorefiend and jacktherack like this.
  5. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    That hair is outta control.

6. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Not as crazy as Snoova's.

[​IMG]

Speaking of which, I can't not mention Chewie's hair when he disguised himself as Snoova. (I literally can't find an image from the comic, and I don't feel like scanning a panel from my own copy) :p

[​IMG]

Revanfan1 likes this.
  7. seeker_two

seeker_two Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 3, 2003
    And Wookie boobs.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

8. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I really want to se a wookiee courtesan

9. Darth_Garak

Darth_Garak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    No,no,no,no .... not without a Selonian one first. With Corran in the background, looking for his pants before Wes Janson sees him.

Gamiel likes this.
  10. Padawan Fangirl

Padawan Fangirl Jedi Padawan star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    Axl Rose?

Sent from my stupid little astro droid using TapaTalk 2.

Katarn's Beard likes this.
  11. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Raabakyysh

12. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Wrong thread:oops:

13. jacktherack

jacktherack Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2008
    Revanfan1 likes this.
  14. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    People always crack jokes about this, but I, for one, appreciate that the GFFA is a place where people can love each otter without worrying about superficial details such as physical appearance.

15. GoingInside

GoingInside Jedi Master star 1

Mar 31, 2013
    Only semi-related, but whenever I think about that, I can't help but remember the rather out-of-character verbal clumsiness of Stackpole in the description of the Selonian's dress, "over which light slithered." Ugh.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  16. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    For all the Corran/Otter conversations, all I have to say is, I'm not sure if humans and aliens with otter biology would even be compatible–though apparently Stackpole seems to think so. :p

Also, if the one Corran had relations with was wearing a dress...then does that mean the ones on the Corellian Trilogy were nudists?

17. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    There are many examples of species who do not dress on their homeworld but wear clothes when living elsewhere in the galaxy e.g. the Anx. As regards the Chadra-Fan, you can see as many naked ones as clothed ones in the sources, and that seems pretty uncontroversial.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  18. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Do we know what kind of hair kiffars have when it is not in dreadlocks?

19. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    We've seen a few examples of the non-dreadlocks look, IIRC. The only one that springs to mind is Ahnah Rawk, on the right here. (note, Jariah is plain old human)

[​IMG]

20. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Ah lets be honest so are Kiffar, the only thing out of ordinary is that a few of their force sensitives have a special force power.

21. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Same could be said about Korunnai, Tholothians, and Hapans (minus the inherently force-sensitive part). But that's a discussion for the diversity thread anyway. ;)

Gorefiend and Iron_lord like this.
  22. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Wait, I thought Hapans straight up were humans, just with a different culture. Same with Korunnai.

(The less said about Tholothians, the better.)

23. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    As regards the Hapans, not according to the Roleplaying Game Revised Core Rulebook, page 322:
    [​IMG]

24. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Not if the Wook is to be believed. I do wonder, since it got a bit ridiculous when they tried categorizing Mirta Gev and Allana Solo.

EDIT: Speak of the devil. :p

Revanfan1 likes this.
  25. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Hapans are apparently at least all night blind, but yeah the whole "Near-Human" thing for people that are clearly just humans with a quirk has always bugged me. It just makes it seem even stranger that they just get lopped into the same "group" as lets say Zelosian (which are plants!).

Revanfan1 likes this.