main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Clothes and Fashion in the Galaxy Far Far Away

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Gamiel, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Padawan Fangirl

Padawan Fangirl Jedi Padawan star 3

Nov 28, 2013

Hapans also all incredibly attractive. Apparently their ancestors(according to the Wook) kidnapped gorgeous women from all over the galaxy and had kids with them, so it's selective breeding.

I noticed in a few of the LOTF novels, Mirta Gev is categorized as a "human female". Yet the Wook categorizes her as "near-Human(75% human, 25% Kiffar)". So now I wonder: if she and Ghes have kids(if Disney decides not to toss her story away), how would they be categorized? Ghes, after all, is fully human as far as I can tell from writings and what few drawings we have of him.

Sent from my stupid little astro droid using TapaTalk 2.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  2. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    They'd only be 1/16th Kiffar.

Padawan Fangirl likes this.
  3. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Or you know just humans. [face_dunno]

4. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Well I'm basically Caucasian, but my dad tells me I'm 1/16th American Indian and I have some Irish blood somewhere, so... [face_dunno]

MasterSkywalker86 likes this.
  5. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Pretty sure you are still 100% human though ;)

6. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Well, yeah. :p

7. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    I once had a very tiring discussion with some guy on the WP talk page for the Hapan species. I was trying to explain that "Near-Humans" are in fact offshoots of the baseline Human species--"Hapan" is a hyponym of "Human" just as "tulip" and "lily" are hyponyms of "flower." However, that guy was convinced that "a near-human is something that's nearly human, but not quite all the way there." *sigh*

darth fluffy, Revanfan1 and Gorefiend like this.
  8. jacktherack

jacktherack Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2008

That's just what a non-human would say.

Sarge and Revanfan1 like this.
  9. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Can you clarify what you mean with caucasian? I always thought it was american speak for white people, unlike were I am from were it means that you are from Caucasus, but now you say that irish don't count as Caucasian. I am confused:confused:

Revanfan1 and LelalMekha like this.
  10. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Yes, "Caucasian" can indeed be "American-speak" for people of European descent (I guess the idea was that most European peoples have their ultimate origins in the Caucasus if one goes back far enough... I guess? I don't know). Methinks Irish would indeed count in that category.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  11. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    I just mean I'm white, have brownish hair (Irish typically have red, yeah?) and gray eyes. I don't know what the rest of my ancestry is besides the 1/16th American Indian and part Irish.

12. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Yup.

You would be surprised how many people have no idea that the Caucasus is even a place that exists, much less that the two terms have any connection at all.

Daala, LelalMekha and Revanfan1 like this.
  13. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Red isn't the only hair color that's considered characteristically Irish--I've heard the term "Irish brunette" used to describe people with dark hair with gray or green eyes (but with very fair skin).

Revanfan1 likes this.
  14. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Was there not also a group of irish with black hair?

15. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Yes, they were known as "black Irish."

Gamiel and Revanfan1 like this.
  16. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    From what I've heard, people in Ireland actually tend to be more on the brunette side of the spectrum, while people in England and Scotland tend to have more redheads.

Starkeiller and Revanfan1 like this.
  17. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    COMPNOR likes this.
  18. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  19. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Toydarian...in a Tux!

20. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Love, love, love this. Thank you, Gamiel! I'd love to hear more about the lore behind this picture.

Though I must say the female Togruta's dress doesn't look very comfortable. Also, just by way of a random observation, the gray-haired woman in green way in the background kind of reminds me of Mistresses Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather from the Disney version of Sleeping Beauty.

21. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007

22. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Right, I saw that. If I had easy access to The Jewel of Yavin, I would flip right to it and my question would be answered. But since I don't for the foreseeable future, I was hoping that someone who does have the book on hand could give a brief summary of the story.

23. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Some Pantoran fashion
    [​IMG]

24. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    To return to our twi'lek coverage
    [​IMG]

25. Starkeiller

Starkeiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 5, 2004
    Hmmm.... I can see some definite influences from Wroonian Rococo....

Sarge likes this.