main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Clothes and Fashion in the Galaxy Far Far Away

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Gamiel, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Some more Old Republic fashion from MercenaryAce below the spoiler

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  2. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    TOR has some wonderful character design and fashion design. I remember liking the female Jedi Consular's long swirly skirt.

Who's in the gray and purple outfit in your 7th image down? Whoever it is looks like he or she's going to a Sith masquerade ball (and I can somehow imagine the Sith holding such events).

3. EECHUUTA

EECHUUTA Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2007
    This is from way back from the beginning but ...
    No wonder. If you look a little closer to the one on the right, you'll notice a part of her anatomy that is just barely visible at chest height, but it's there. The clothing is a bit shear around there I'm afraid...

4. seeker_two

seeker_two Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 3, 2003
    Maybe she's their daughter in Mirror Universe....

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Revanfan1 likes this.
  5. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014

Yep, there's some definite peanut smuggling going on there. I'm just glad these two are dressed like this on Tatooine rather than, say, Hoth.

Incidentally, the Gellas' outfit has excellent product placement potential for those "invisible" Spanx undies.

6. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    OK, we need to start calling one of the continuities the "Waruverse"

Revanfan1 likes this.
  7. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    How would it differ from the other continuities?

8. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    You can't call one universe "Waruverse", as that would mean that there are things like "No-Waruverses". And that's not just heresy but foolishness.

Valin__Kenobi and Revanfan1 like this.
  9. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Don't know, it is named 'sithinquisitor-armor03' and looks like it is some kind of concept art image.

10. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Among the illustrations in the Ultimate Alien Anthology there are some who were jedi like robes without any visible ligthsabre, do people think they are jedi or people from cultures or gropes that have jedi like clothes?

11. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014

Any chance you might scan an example for us? Alas, that's one of the guides I don't have. I'm guessing there are just a lot of cultures and groups out there that wear similar attire just because it's such a basic, simple, functional robe design (even a some of the Naboo queen outfits we've seen recall that basic design—Amidala's and Apailana's kimono-like gowns, for example).

12. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    [​IMG]
    GrandAdmiralJello, from the set of VII, introducing the Peculiar Hat Crew's descendants, the Peculiar Robe Crew.

Revanfan1, Gorefiend, Sarge and 3 others like this.
  13. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Hey it's Ulicus . You didn't tell me you were in Episode 7!

14. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Looks like two of these folks are also members of the Peculiar Scarf Crew. Yay scarves! :D

15. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Looks like a monotone Cobb-special hat on the right.

Sarge likes this.
  16. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  17. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    In the second picture down (the big, colorful group of aliens), in the bottom right corner of the picture, any idea what the two short aliens in blue robes are? When I was first looking at this on my iPhone earlier I thought from their "long faces" that they might be some kind of equinoids, but now that they're on my big screen I can see more clearly that they're not.

I like the Twi'lek's visor—almost wish they made summertime hats like that for us Humans. :)

And the Hondo drawing for some reason looks like someone from the Oz mythos. A human version of Tiktok, maybe.

Iron_lord and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  18. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I don't know. It was labelled "Crowd on Tatooine concept art created for Episode I by Terryl Whitlatch." on http://starwars.tumblr.com/

19. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Do you have any images of those outfits?

20. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Hmm. I might have screen caps at home.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

21. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  22. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Do any of those clothes have any meaning or do they just look cool?

23. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    This one is a Corellian Councilor's robe of office.

[​IMG]

These two are army uniforms–Republic medical unit and mercenary Regulators, respectively.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The rest just look cool. :p

Barriss_Coffee and Gamiel like this.
  24. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Thanks Revanfan1, do you know anything about these clothes?

25. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    These are clothes of the royal guards of Alderaan (can't recall which House).

[​IMG]

These are clothes like the ones you get as a reward from the Gree event, so they're Gree-related clothes, but Gree aren't humanoid so I'm not sure what the connection is besides the fact that the Gree created them.

[​IMG]

The rest are just clothes. Nothing special about them.

Barriss_Coffee and Gamiel like this.