main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Clothes and Fashion in the Galaxy Far Far Away

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Gamiel, Sep 30, 2013.

1. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    In addition to what has been said:

[​IMG]
    This is the uniform of the Tionese unit who were in charge of controlling the Rakghoul outbreak. They are NBC protection suits, IIRC.

[​IMG]
    This is one of the uniforms worn by the Dread Guard, an army raised by some rogue Sith to fight both the Empire and the Republic.

[​IMG]
    These are Republic and Sith fighter pilot uniforms

[​IMG]
    I think the Hutts wear this armor. Look's similar to Lando's skiff guard get up anyway.

[​IMG]
    Fancy Hutt hats.

Barriss_Coffee and Gamiel like this.
  2. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Some PT jedi clothes consept art, thanks to CobaltBlue

3. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    may be of some interest

4. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    So this image of an Ithorian beastwarden was posted earlier today in "Ackbar Is Back":

Here's the remark I made, and Gamiel 's reply:

Well, this is the particular findsman image that came to mind (from whichever Ultimate Alien Anthology it was that introduced the findsman prestige class):

[​IMG]

Apart from a few details in the sleeves, the outer-robe-over-inner-robe-plus-harness arrangement seems quite similar, and chest harness thing seems quite similar.

5. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    That type of "thobe" outfit is so common in the SWU.
    Wonder how practical that harness is, though?

6. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014

Well, yes. But the similarity of the harness really did seem striking. I've often wondered about its function. Just another way of holding more gear, with some extra armod built in, I'd guess...?

7. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Beside the harness they don't look so alike to me, there is a similar silhouette but beside that they are different. The findsman’s clothes more resemble samurai wear while the beastwarden have a more “Middle Eastern”/"North African" look with his kaftan.

8. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Do we know how chiss fashion looks like?

9. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    When they're not wearing uniforms, it's... well... complicated...

[​IMG]

10. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Is that a Melnibonéan?

MercenaryAce likes this.
  11. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003

Alas, you would know more than I my friend. I am not well-versed in that region of sci-fi lore. I only know that it's from the old French RPG magazine, Casus Belli. But who knows -- maybe the magazine artist had been influenced by the Melniboné universe?

12. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    That's a Chiss?

13. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    Bizarrely, it's supposed to be Thrawn of all people! ..er, of all Chiss! I haven't a clue as to the context -- maybe there was some Grand Admiral drama (*cough*Takel*cough*) and he was trying to make a point.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  14. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Actually, it doesn't look that different from the other Chiss attire we've seen elsewhere: wide, triangular collars, capes and capelets seem to be the norm.

15. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I'm talking less about the clothing and more about the face and hair.

16. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Were do we see them in that attire?

17. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  18. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Passk's outfit has that very interesting "Victorian-Orientalist" look to it—which wasn't necessarily the first thing that came to mind for me when thinking about Trandoshan garb (yeah, bias, I know), but it turns out to suit quite well. The snappy red color is a good eye match. :D

The Quarren's outfit is very striking, but wouldn't that chestpiece make it hard to breathe? (Or is there something about their respiratory physiology I'm missing?)

I'm definitely psyched to take a closer look at this guy's gallery. Very intriguing stuff.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  19. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I just want to blow the horn for Han Solo's outfit, it is such a simple design that is at the same time brilliant.
    [​IMG]
    Most people say it makes him look like a cowboy - all that is missing is a cowboy hat - and this is true, it is also true that if you put a pilot's cap on him he looks like a freelance pilot; a seaman’s hat and he could be sharing table with Captain Haddock; a fedora and we have a gangster; a bandana and he would fit in among travellers; etc.

20. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    And gotta love the plunging neckline too, of course. :D

21. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Have we seen anything like hair-pipe breastplates?

[​IMG][​IMG]

22. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012

23. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    http://swagonline.net/

You guys know about this site, right? Totally fan made and non-canon, but a lot of talented artists and great ideas.

Barriss_Coffee, Gamiel and Chyntuck like this.
  24. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    In the Darth Maul comic we see a unnamed kiffar that works as the bodyguard to the unnamed twi'lek vigo and I was wondering if people think he belong to the Vos clan? He bears the enclosed star of the Vos clan and have a yellow horizontal bars across the bridge of his nose, but at the same time the bar is smaller then any of the other Vos we have seen and the enclosed star was also used by the Kiffu Guardians so he could also be a former guardsman who flaunt his former profession. What do people think?

I have not been able to find a picture of him sadly

25. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    This is technically from a while ago, but...

For what it's worth, Darth Nihilus also sports that Noh-mask/Phantom of the Opera-type look. In fact, I'd say his look is arguably closer to that concept art for Sorsha than is Amidala's makeup, which after all is not technically a mask.