main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Cloud City Cantina (19.0) Social Thread...Goes to the Jungle.

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by TheSilentInfluence, Apr 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    Dags: I'm trying to think of more villains :p

Stripe (Gremlins) :p

hey Falcon :)

2. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    that's a good question. dandy has a long list.
    i don't know. i like Vader as a villain i guess, but Sidious is the true villain, but i dislike him so much.[face_thinking]
    in comic books Spiderman was my favorite hero and the Hobgoblin was my favorite villain.

3. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Hey Rick how goes it tonight?

4. Darth_wanderguard

Darth_wanderguard Game Host star 6 VIP - Game Host

Apr 26, 2005
    That's difficult, because I love so many villains.

Darth Vader is hard to beat. Heath Ledger's Joker because he's such a senseless nihilist. If we're including literary villains then Cthulhu of course.

It's not one of my favorite movies by any stretch, and it's certainly not the *kind* of movie I enjoy, but Denzel Washington as Alonso in Training Day strikes a specifically terrifying chord with me because when I saw the film I was in a very uncomfortable work situation with a couple of people just like him (minus the killing and the other felonies). It's almost eerie, how well that movie captured what I was going through at the time.

Sauron is a great villain, too.

Tobias Menzies as Black Jack Randall is impressively twisted and skin crawlingly convincing, although almost everything else about Outlander makes me roll my eyes.

There are lots of others but those are just off the top of my head.

5. AstroDroid88

AstroDroid88 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2016
    Lady Belligerent likes this.
  6. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Black Jack Randall is such an awesome villan. He enters a scene and I'm instantly creeped out.

Dandelo likes this.
  7. AstroDroid88

Jan 30, 2016
    Cate Blanchett who played the Evil Step Mother in the latest live action Cinderella movie was actually a pretty good villain. Made me really hate her.

Favorite Villains (not in order):
    Peter Pan (Once Upon a Time)
    Darth Vader
    Sauron
    Saruman
    Lord Cutler Beckett (Pirates of the Caribbean)
    Davy Jones (Pirates of the Caribbean)
    Col. William Tavington (The Patriot)
    Voldermort
    Bellatrix Lestrange
    Doloras Umbrige

8. Psych_Jedi

Psych_Jedi Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    Trump is not my favorite villain.

The best villain of Star Wars, I think, is Sidious...so far. It was probably Vader before the PT, but seeing the sneaky works of Palpatine/Sidious was intriguing...of course helped by Ian McDairmid's excellent acting.

9. Dandelo

Aug 25, 2014
    good choices y'all :D

bit tired Falcon, yourself? :)

10. AstroDroid88

Jan 30, 2016
    Just admit it, guys...

[​IMG]

11. Dandelo

Aug 25, 2014
    I liked Umbrige and her "medieval methods" :p

12. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Ok, yes I did. :p

Bellatrix was incredible too. Love Helena Bonham Carter.

Our power just went out, I'm not a happy camper.

Valency Jane and AstroDroid88 like this.
  13. JEDI-RISING

Apr 15, 2005
    i guess i like villains that aren't totally loathesome. i don't know. like i always liked Catwoman because you always thought she might reform. some people go totally over and love villains that are charismatic. i just like it when a villain is interesting, but that doesn't make me want them to win .

as for Randall LB, he is sooo loathesome , ugh.

14. Darth Kronos

Darth Kronos Force Ghost star 6

Jan 2, 2016

Updated.

List was fixd. ur welcome.

15. AstroDroid88

Jan 30, 2016
    Yeah, Belatrix is great. Took me a while to actually appreciate her as a villain after killing off a certain favorite character of mine

16. JEDI-RISING

Apr 15, 2005

can't believe this is still up on youtube. sheena was appearing on miami vice at the time too , so that's two cool points for her

17. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009

Political discussions belong in the JCC, not a social thread here. Not the first time I've had to tell you this. It will be the last though.

18. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    [face_rofl]

19. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    I do believe I just warned the thread about political commentary in a social thread. See you in 24.

20. AstroDroid88

Jan 30, 2016
    Thank you, Bardan :).
    Good morning all. Happy Friday!

21. Darth Kronos

Jan 2, 2016
    Star Wars is an American space opera created by Gene Roddenbury. It was originally a TV show which debuted worldwide in 1966. Some of the most popular characters are Captain Kirk, Spock, and a recent Captain Picard. Its plot had originally revolved around taking the Enterprise to where no man has gone before. This series has had multiple cancellaions and rebirths of their TV shows. It went into movie territory because of the franchise Star Trek, which went into film territoy first in 1977. Star Wars' most recent film sequel, Star Wars: Beyond, releasing on July 22, 2016, tells the tale of the Starship Enterprise crashing on an unknonw world. The heroes need to find a way back to charted space, all the while facing a new enemy that threatens everything they stand for, as well as the Enterprise. It is directed by Justin Lin. It atars Idris Elba, Zoe Saldana, and Chris Pine.

Star Trek is an American space opera that debuted in 1977, created by George Lucas. It was first a movie, taking the world be storm. This tells the tale of an ongoing war between the Light Side and the Dark Side. Both have taken many forms: the Empire, the Sith. Popular characters include: Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, and Darth Vader. The first three films were made in the late 70s to early 80s, creating a trilogy, which is now known as the original trilogy. After the third film in this trilogy, Star Trek: Return of the Jedi, the series went on a 20 year hiatus, where no one made any new movies. Until a prequel trilogy was made in the late 90s to early 2000s. This new set of films revolved around the story of Anakin Skywalker, and how he became Darth Vader. These movies disappointed most, having many believe it ruined the Star Trek franchise forever. It went on another hiatus after the third film, Star Trek: Revenge of the Sith, this one lasting for a shorter time. 7 years later, Disney would buy the rights, making a new movie immediately The newest one, which is called Star Trek: The Force Awakens, was released 10 years after Star Trek: Revenge of the Sith (2005 to 2015). The new movie was critically praised, appealing to both the fans and critics. It broke multiple box office records, setting a new record for the highest grossing opening weekend of all time. The newest movie in the franchise, having yet to be released, is entitled: Rogue One: A Star Trek Story. It revolves around the story about the Rebels stealing the plans for the infamous Death Star, which can blow up a planet. The heroes need to bring back the plans to the Rebellion, and use them find a weakness in the Death Star, and blow it up. It is being directed by Gareth Edwards. It stars Felicity Jones, Mads Mikkelsen, and Ben Mendelsohn. The film is being released on December 16, 2016.

22. AstroDroid88

Jan 30, 2016
  23. Darth Kronos

Jan 2, 2016

What?

24. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
  25. Darth Kronos

Jan 2, 2016

Well... what?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.