main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Cloud City Cantina (19.0) Social Thread...Goes to the Jungle.

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by TheSilentInfluence, Apr 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    fixing lunch

Frank T. and Dagobahsystem like this.
  2. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
  3. AstroDroid88

AstroDroid88 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2016
    Happy Saturday peeps! :)

4. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    Hey gang. Decided to rank my favorite acting performances in each SW film. And the Oscar goes to...

TPM Liam Neeson
    AotC Ewan McGregor
    RotS Ian McDiarmid
    ANH Alec Guinness
    TESB Harrison Ford
    RotJ Mark Hamill
    TFA Daisy Ridley

Honorable mention goes to Christopher Lee in AotC and Carrie Fisher in ANH

What do you guys think?

5. QueenSabe7

Mar 23, 2001
    If you're picking one from each film I don't think I can argue with what you have. :)

Personally though, I would pick Adam Driver over Daisy Ridley for TFA. And get a Natalie Portman mention in there. :p

6. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    Yeah, I just limited it to one per film and chose an actor in a leading role. One could set different parameters though.
    I think Natalie Portman is a great actor, it was really hard to choose only one person per film. Honorable mention to her in TPM, as well.
    Agree that Adam Driver did an excellent job in TFA.

QueenSabe7 likes this.
  7. QueenSabe7

Mar 23, 2001
    I know, with anything i.e. best actor, best fight it's so hard to choose!

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  8. Darth Kronos

Darth Kronos Force Ghost star 6

Jan 2, 2016
    The Phantom Menace - Ewan McGregor.

Attack of the Clones - Ewan McGregor.

Revenge of the Sith - Ian McDiarmid.

A New Hope - Alec Guinness.

The Empire Strikes Back - Harrison Ford.

Return of the Jedi - Mark Hammil.

The Force Awakens - Adam Driver.

My list is very similar to yours, Dagobahsystem.

9. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Agree with Kronos, except I give RotS to Ewan also.

Dagobahsystem and QueenSabe7 like this.
  10. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Warwick in Jedi

11. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    Actually, Watto is the best actor in SW.

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  12. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    best voice actor

13. QueenSabe7

Mar 23, 2001

NO. Jar-Jar Binks. All the way.

:p

14. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    I like Jar Jar but it wasn't really anything new performance wise

15. Darth Kronos

Jan 2, 2016
    While I'm here listing things...

LIGHTSABER DUELS, RANKED WORST TO BEST!!!

And here... we... go!

And, yes, I go into detail. Prepare yourself, as I overanalyse lightsaber duels in Star Wars so I can feel smarter.

13. Anakin Skywalker vs. Count Dooku (Attack of the Clones) - Mainly because of the whole thing when Anakin cut the light tube in the hangar. I didn't like it when the camera was put in front of their faces as they swung their lightsabers. It put a strain on my eyes.

12. Obi-Wan Kenobi vs. Count Dooku (Attack of the Clones) - I like this one more because it doesn't have Obi-Wan and Dooku swinging their lightsabers in front of their faces in the dark while the camera uses a close up shot. Also, it's... semi entertaining.

11. Darth Sidious vs. Mace Windu and Friends (Revenge of the Sith) - Ian McDairmid's moves seem awkward to me. It's as if he never practiced, and he made it up as he went along. The rest of it is okay. I like some of the stuff with Windu and Sidious, mainly the over the top stabs and faces from Palpatine. God, that's great.

10. Yoda vs. Count Dooku (Attack of the Clones) - Yoda using a lightsaber? Meh. I don't really care too much. It makes sense he'd have one during some point in his life, and he might just carry it around for sentimental reasons. Though, that doesn't mean I love the fight. It's also just too over the top, especially Yoda doing super flips. Less can be more.

9. General Grevious vs. Obi-Wan Kenobi (Revenge of the Sith) - Grevious having four arms was fine. It allowed for some creative moments. Well, it could have. It's just a shame that the fight didn't last long enough, and that Grevious lost his hands quickly.

8. Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi vs. Count Dooku (Revenge of the Sith) - I like how this one is more grounded. George had the restraint to no have the characters doing constant flips and cool moves, yo! The two-on-one fight was used differently this time around, since there was no double bladed lightsaber. So, yeah, it's safe to say I like this fight.

7. Yoda vs. Darth Sidious (Revenge of the Sith) - Sure, some of the moments are over the top, a phrase I keep on using. But, this time it's more entertaining. Seeing the top good and top bad guy fight each other was probably something many people wanted to see (not all), and now that's happened. The best part, though, has nothing to do with lightsabers. It's when Sidious just throws the Senate floaty-ball things at Yoda, demolishing them in the process. Love that. Completely satisfying, considering the other Senate scenes.

6. Obi-Wan Kenobi vs. Darth Vader (A New Hope) - Definitely the most simple of the lightsaber duels, but this one is great for the backstory. Vader and Obi-Wan meet again, for the final time. Just because there aren't any flips, or anything doesn't mean it's not great. There is more to lightsaber duels than that. It's about the characters, really. And, to add onto things, Obi-Wan lets himself be killed, as he knows that Luke wouldn't leave without him.

5. Qui Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi vs. Darth Maul (The Phantom Menace) - Easily the most entertaining out the prequel fights, this lightsaber duel is high on the list only because of the choerography. The new double bladed lightsaber was used well, and the two-on-one thing was also neat. I liked the ways Obi-Wan and Qui Gon worked as a team in certain places. Sure, there aren't any emotional stakes during most of the fight, which is why this isn't higher, but it was still fun to watch.

5. Obi-Wan Kenobi vs. Anakin Skywalker (Revenge of the Sith) - This has the highest emotional stakes of the entire prequel trilogy fights. It's well choreographed, and all that. But, it goes on too long for its own good. If the fight were shortened, and not so over the top, it would be higher. A lava hill would be just fine. Though, the end of the fight is very good, if I'm allowed to have that opinion.

4. Kylo Ren vs. Rey (The Force Awakens) - I love this fight. I love it because of the rawness to it. There isn't really a graceful form to anything. Each opponent just swing their weapon madly, hoping to hit the other. I really like how Rey taps into the Force just as Ren mentions it. It gives her the upper hand in the fight, and allows her to win. Better yet, they didn't immediately kill off Ren, allowing him to return for a future movie. Good choice, Abrams. Also, since Ren just killed Han, Rey's mentor figure, there's a deep level of hatred towards him. Allows for some higher emotional stakes.

3. Kylo Ren vs. Finn (The Force Awakens) - Better than the Rey one just because I love how Ren uses his crossguard to wound Finn. Love how there is a use for that shown in the movie, other than having it "because it looks cool". Plus, the way Ren takes out Finn is brutal. Poor guy.

2. Luke Skywalker vs. Darth Vader (Return of the Jedi) - Sure, the fight itself is short, but it's really high on the list because of the emotional stakes going on. Father vs. son. And, the Emperor taunting Luke in the background only makes this better. To add onto this, the moment when Luke releases his anger is also great. He ignites his lightsaber, and slashes madly as Vader, probalby hoping to kill him. He doesn't do any flips, or spins, he just swings it like a bat.

1. Luke Skywalker vs. Darth Vader (The Empire Strikes Back) - Great. I love it all. The choreography, the acting, the lighting, the stakes, the dialogue, bla bla bla. It's everything a scene like this should be. Energetic, emotional, and well choreographed. I've always loved the mist surrounding both of the characters, and the heavy blue and orange lighting. Plus, come on, the twist. Unexpected, and it completely changes the rest of the original trilogy's story. **** yes.

Okay, I'm done. Forgive me if I forgot anything. You are now excused.

Go away.

Lady Belligerent and Frank T. like this.
  16. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    so I watched B vs S ultimate edition :p

Frank T. and Dagobahsystem like this.
  17. Adella7

Adella7 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 8, 2016
  18. Darth Kronos

Jan 2, 2016

I didn't.

19. Dandelo

Aug 25, 2014
    go watch it :p

Frank T. likes this.
  20. Adella7

Feb 8, 2016
    I'm back from dinner....

21. Darth Kronos

Jan 2, 2016

eeeeeeeh

I'd rather rank the lightsaber duels, worst to best.

Shameful plug.

22. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
  23. Adella7

Feb 8, 2016
    Its nice to see you again, Lady Belligerent ...:D

24. Dandelo

Aug 25, 2014
    heya Adella7, Lady B, Franko etc :p

25. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    Hey!
    I had a nice Triple Decker Sandwich for dinner. Hungrier than usual. It had Roast Beef, Turkey, Ham, Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato and Mayo.
    I only ate half of it though.

$20 says Dandelo has never had a sandwich before, or at least not since the late 90's.

Moonspun Dragon and Dandelo like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.