main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social CLOUD CITY CANTINA (20.0) The Force Ghost Party!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Jar-Jar Binks, Jan 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    I sympathize. I've had my fill of those for a lifetime.

I just got back from seeing Transformers: The Last Knight. I liked it, but the Transformer movies are too long.

Also, apparently Batman: Mask of the Phantasm (the animated Batman movie that came out in theaters in 1993) is finally coming to Blu-Ray.

2. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001

Honestly, I am hoping they will get there eventually with the spin-offs. I understand Rogue One's plot was used to bring in people familiar with SW and the Han Solo movie because he is one of THE most recognizable characters in the saga, but I really wish that they will move into new territory after (if the HS movie does well, of course).

I am absolutely dying for an Old Republic movie/trilogy. There is so much open space (pun intended) if they would just leap backwards, way backwards and do something then. *cough* REVAN*cough*

3. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    Lost Tribe of the Sith or a Darth Plagueis film would be great.

Totally new stories would also be a nice idea.

I wouldn't want SW to get into R rated territory; excludes too many fans. GL has said he created the OT with 12 year olds in mind.

DarthIshyZ, QueenSabe7 and Guidman like this.
  4. Anakin.Skywalker

Anakin.Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2016
    That's because GL is mentally 12.

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  5. twowolves

twowolves Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2013
    That's why I loved the Tales From... books. It was like, holy crap, they're not just background props, they're actual people with stories to tell. lol let's see stories about desperate Twi'leks looking to escape slavery on Coruscant, let's hear about the lone smuggler who wants to try to beat Solo's record for the Kessel Run. Let's hear about a hyperspace guild member blazing a new route through the Unknown Region and he stumbles across a new species. I mean seriously, why limit yourself to just the blockbuster stuff like the Empire and the Jedi and Sith?

Sent from my TARDIS, somewhere between the glittering C-beams near the Tanhauser Gate.

6. Adirondackjedi27

Adirondackjedi27 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2013
    I want to see a Darth Bane movie...or 3. That would be a good movie or movies.

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  7. Anakin.Skywalker

Anakin.Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2016
    I want a Darth Vader spinoff from right after ROTS...and not with whoever played him in R1...he was horrible!!!!!!

DarthIshyZ and twowolves like this.
  8. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    Couple more points on this interesting topic:

I will worry about SW when and if there is ever a bad film.

Imho, this hasn't happened. I love all 8 films. A franchise that is batting a thousand does not cause concern.

Also, it makes sense that Disney would start off their ownership period with films that would appeal to the largest SW fanbase as possible, not just the SW experts like all of us here.

Imagine the global uproar if Disney had started off with a film about the ancient Sith or any film containing characters the casual fan has never heard of before.

Like, I'd be down for a bounty hunter film focusing on Zam Wesell, but that probably wouldn't appeal to most people.

It's fun that we can all discuss our personal wishlists though, heck, I say the more films the better as long as the quality is of a high level.

After the ST is complete and the Han Solo film is out, it seems like Disney will have to start coming up with newer or fresher ideas/characters/stories. One can only hope, right?

But in the meantime, I'm not going to worry about SW under Disney ownership until I see a bad film.

9. Darth Kronos

Darth Kronos Force Ghost star 6

Jan 2, 2016
    What? No.

What gave you that impression?

:p

QueenSabe7 likes this.
  10. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005

i hope they stick to the tone of GL's films, but i do not have faith that they will for sure.

Dagobahsystem and DarthIshyZ like this.
  11. Darth Kronos

Jan 2, 2016
    Save the true grit for a Netflix series.

Preferably about the Sith.

But don't base it off of a novel.

QueenSabe7 and DarthIshyZ like this.
  12. twowolves

Oct 6, 2013
    I've already seen a bad SW film. Sorry, but Rogue One was crap. And if you read about all the crap that went wrong during production, including major reshoots of the ending and change in directors, it should give you pause. And now, the same thing is happening with the Han Solo project. Disney, and in particular, Kathleen Kennedy, seemed to have picked up bad habits from GL in regards to hiring a director, and then trusting them to do their job. Instead it seems like all that keeps happening is the Rat is trying to micromanage the excruciating minutiae of the film and isn't allowing their directors to do their job.

This is just how I see it. And I think there is room for grit in a live action series without taking that to mean pandering to the lowest common denominator.

Sent from my TARDIS, somewhere between the glittering C-beams near the Tanhauser Gate.

13. twowolves

Oct 6, 2013
    I've already seen a bad SW film. Sorry, but Rogue One was crap. And if you read about all the crap that went wrong during production, including major reshoots of the ending and change in directors, it should give you pause. And now, the same thing is happening with the Han Solo project. Disney, and in particular, Kathleen Kennedy, seemed to have picked up bad habits from GL in regards to hiring a director, and then trusting them to do their job. Instead it seems like all that keeps happening is the Rat is trying to micromanage the excruciating minutiae of the film and isn't allowing their directors to do their job.

This is just how I see it. And I think there is room for grit in a live action series without taking that to mean pandering to the lowest common denominator.

14. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    I agree with Kronos (shocking, I know). If they have anything more than PG-13 it should be a Netflix series or something. There will not be a general release, R-rated SW film.

Sent using Tapatalk this was.

Guidman and QueenSabe7 like this.
  15. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    Sorry you didn't like R1.
    I think it's brilliant.

Reshoots and director changes don't concern me if the film is good in the end.

It took The Beatles like three months to make Sgt. Pepper's, including remaking songs. Seemed to turn out ok.

Calling KK that seems a bit harsh, imo.

Anyhow, agree to disagree.

QueenSabe7 likes this.
  16. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    Martin Scorsese directed Star Wars film:

May the ****ing force be with you ***holes.

17. Darth Kronos

Jan 2, 2016
    I heard Lord and Miller were incredibly stubborn on set, clashing with both Kasdan (for improvising too much and not sticking to the script) and Kennedy (who took issue with how they shot the film, probably referring to the improvising issue).

And, some reports suggest that Kennedy didn't think the film captured the feel of a Star Wars film, so she apparently ordered reshoots, which Lord and Miller completely refused to do.

Of course, none of this is confirmed, but there is also certainly more to the story than simple "creative differences."

Also, calling Kathleen Kennedy a "Rat" is extremely unjustified.

18. Guidman

Dec 29, 2016
    I think the "Rat" might have been more a reference to Disney and Mickey Mouse.

19. twowolves

Oct 6, 2013
    Jesus, I clearly see how easy it is for me to be misinterpreted here.

I said the Rat, referring to Disney, not Kennedy. If you feel that I was referring to her, that doesn't say something about me, that says something about the people taking it the wrong way, doesn't it?

20. Darth Kronos

Jan 2, 2016

Or, just maybe, you need to work on how you word your posts so you aren't misinterpreted.

Did you ever think about that?

21. Guidman

Dec 29, 2016
    Lol, now you see what actually happens when you start talking about Star Wars on a Star Wars forum.

22. Darth Kronos

Jan 2, 2016

We are passionate.

ill fite u

23. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    Disney pays the bills.

24. Darth Kronos

Jan 2, 2016