main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social CLOUD CITY CANTINA (20.0) The Force Ghost Party!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Jar-Jar Binks, Jan 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I thought that double post was intentional and you were being funny, saying hello to both of our similar messages.

Adella7 likes this.
  2. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    What I usually do is that if the board seems slow in posting the post, I leave it for a minute or so, and it usually posts without any further action on my part.

Guidman , Adella7 and BookExogorth like this.
  3. Adella7

Adella7 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 8, 2016
    When is the new theatrical poster for Star Wars : The Last Jedi come out? The poster has more characters on it than the Star Wars Celebration poster .

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  4. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    Probably around October or so when the release the final trailer. That's what they did for The Force Awakens.

Adella7 and PCCViking like this.
  5. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    Hi and hi and hi and hi. See all in one post. [face_party]

DarthIshyZ and BookExogorth like this.
  6. Guidman

Dec 29, 2016
    Time for an unpopular opinion that I'm sure I'm in the minority on: I finished Stranger Things recently and I thought it was good but not anywhere near great. I would have been perfectly happy if they wrapped it up as a one season anthology.

DarthIshyZ and christophero30 like this.
  7. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    I liked it but thought it was overhyped. There were easily five or so shows I enjoyed more and thought were more interesting last year.

8. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    I liked Stranger Things but I wonder if they can keep up the quality in season 2. Way more looking forward to new Walking Dead and GOT. Random thought; I want some mint chocolate chip ice cream. =P~

9. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Job market is tough, that's true. Hopefully you live near a major city. That's where those jobs are, true?

Or you could start a biz on the side. Or freelance. Careful with that last one, though. I believe Halle Dray was really screwed on freelance work once.

Six Flags was good! Tiring, though. I rode a water-oriented coaster with my youngest, a wooden coaster with my oldest. The group of us did a water raft ride and I did bumper cars with my youngest. A good day!

Sent using Tapatalk this was.

10. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    That sounds super fun, DarthIshyZ! I got an Oreo milkshake smoothie today. Those are awesome.

11. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    Oreos and pretty much anything is awesome. :D Heard the new Justice League trailer dropped today and its "Super." ;)

BookExogorth and DarthIshyZ like this.
  12. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001

Um. Did you SEE the comic con trailer? I had goosebumps. [face_skull] Dagobahsystem Darth Kronos Same?

Dagobahsystem and christophero30 like this.
  13. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    You are a beacon of light in the darkness Queen Sabe. :amidala::cool:

QueenSabe7 likes this.
  14. twowolves

twowolves Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2013
    Good Saturday evening...spending it like any normal person--like a recluse.

[​IMG]

15. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Can you post the video link?

christophero30 likes this.
  16. Guidman

Dec 29, 2016
    Did you ride the Superman roller coaster at Six Flags DarthIshyZ? I'm just assuming they have one at the whichever one you went to (New England I guess).

17. christophero30

May 18, 2017

I went out last night so tonight choosing the recluse option as well. Reclusive with Sheriff Rick and the zombies.

18. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    :cool:

19. christophero30

May 18, 2017

OK I was wrong. Dragon's Lair and Thriller and Asteroids. Comon now that just not fair for an 80's kid. [face_laugh]

QueenSabe7 likes this.
  20. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I just wanted to add onto this since I do both graphic design and illustration work for a living.

Ishy is correct that most of the big design firms are located in major cities, but that doesn't mean you can't find work elsewhere. It will take some effort and a bit more patience, but other opportunities are out there. For example, I was able to land my graphic design job at one of the local school districts. I work closely with the PR director, and I pump out all of the printed publications that go out into the district, including calendars, sports programs, posters, newsletters, publicity materials for major theater productions within the district, etc. We have 4 employees in our department (2 printers in the print shop, the PR director and myself as the designer), so it's a nice little office.

Freelance can also be a wonderful opportunity, but it depends on how much you're willing to put into it. It's definitely the harder of the two options. All of my illustration work at the moment is freelance, and while I enjoy what I do, I still have not reached the point where I can commit to that full-time. But again, it all depends on your clients, your ability to sell yourself and advertise your work, and lots and lots of patience. You need to establish lasting relationships with your clients and network with others within the business to be successful. Sometimes you can get lucky by being at the right place at the right time, but I wouldn't rely on that.

21. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Nah. It would have been me, alone. I'm too much a family guy. Wanted to have at least one kid with me.

22. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    Ishy likes to do all those things that make us laugh and cry. He's...a...

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  23. Guidman

Dec 29, 2016
    christophero30
    That's the thing about the Stranger Things for me. The 80s nostalgia is better than the actual show.

24. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    I see Wynona Ryder looks all happy and well adjusted in the trailer. I have curly hair so luckily I never had that bowl of soup haircut. I think that was my point that they are leaning heavy on the 80's nostalgia. But it looks great. :)

25. Guidman

Dec 29, 2016
    You're a good man. Hopefully you didn't get drenched by a waterfall on the raft ride. That's one of those things that's fun as a kid but not much as an adult.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.