main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social CLOUD CITY CANTINA (20.0) The Force Ghost Party!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Jar-Jar Binks, Jan 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    I guess that makes me Darth Kronos' herald. :p

Jar-Jar Binks likes this.
  2. Adella7

Adella7 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 8, 2016
    Hello , I am sorry for being two hours late.[face_blush]

3. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    Adella7

Management might have to start docking your pay if you keep this up.

4. Adella7

Adella7 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 8, 2016
    I promise I'll be back around 2:00 pm Pacific. I'm going to the doctor's office tomorrow for my annual physical.

Guidman and DarthIshyZ like this.
  5. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    Yes! Lol. Very funny indeed. You should write for them, you'd be great!
    Tbh, I thought most of the art at MOBA was good, but I guess I'm not excessively picky when it comes to art. I enjoy seeing the various ways people express themselves artistically. Terms like good and bad are somewhat meaningless when it comes to art, imo.

6. BookExogorth

May 4, 2017
    One could argue that if art is the expression of ideas, and some ideas are bad, then some art is bad. This is if you think art is only the expression of ideas, though.

Valency Jane and Guidman like this.
  7. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    For some of them it says "Aquired from: the trash" so that says a lot right there!

Sent using Tapatalk this was.

8. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    It's not only an expression of ideas though. This is a rather huge topic lol. We could be at this for days.

Art can and does provoke different reactions with different people in different times and places.

Observing peoples' reactions to three seemingly identical white paintings is interesting in and of itself. That is one way those paintings served a purpose. A mocking, "look at how stupid those pictures are, who would buy that" says as much about the person making the comment as the painting itself, if that makes sense.

Contemporary art has much more to offer than three white paintings or one white and one black painting. A simple google image search proves that within seconds.

Nothing wrong with having fun and having a laugh at stuff though, after all that is apparently one of the primary purposes of the web.

Edit: That says absolutely nothing at all DarthIshyZ
    A friend of mine found near mint condition SW comics in a public trash can. Just laying there right on the top. Americans are notorious for throwing away items that work fine, and may have much value. Including our food.

9. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017

Do I get double points if I mention a Porg clown? Not being on this board for a day or two is like surfing. You paddle through the posts and look for a wave to catch and then...away you go! I know as much about art as I do about women, which is, not very much. :D

Valency Jane likes this.
  10. Guidman

Dec 29, 2016
    I guess everyone interprets art different. To me I'll never understand contemporary art, no matter how much people try to sell the idea to me. There's certainly parts of it I can appreciate but the whole concept of understanding many genres of art goes way over my head.

It's like how I'll never consider figure skating, gymnastics, diving or any event where you're judged an actual sport. Maybe it's not the right mentality but that's not changing for me.

BookExogorth and christophero30 like this.
  11. BookExogorth

May 4, 2017
    Well Dag, when I say, "one could say," I'm generally having fun expressing a different viewpoint. AKA playing devil's advocate. :)

DarthIshyZ and Dagobahsystem like this.
  12. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    I appreciate the art of Ralph McQuarrie. :)

13. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    What about boxing? Or hunting for sport? And what about the interpretive calls made by refs and officials and umpires in the major sports?

14. Guidman

Dec 29, 2016
    Boxing is for sure a sport. Yes, there's the judging component (it's not the only way to win a match though) to it but your reacting to your opponent the entire time.

Officiating is different thing. It influences the game and yes there a many blown calls (I'm sure I'll see computers taking over for umps, at least for pitch calls) but they don't decide the final score unless your name is Tim Donaghy.

DarthIshyZ and christophero30 like this.
  15. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    I find it amusing that everyone hates umpires/refs until a big call goes their way. :cool:

16. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    interesting discussion...

:p

17. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    Gymnastics, figure skating, diving are all competitions. And you have opponents in those. So I still don't see a distinction you're making.

Valency Jane and QueenSabe7 like this.
  18. Guidman

Dec 29, 2016
    I'm in complete agreement that they are competitions where you have opponents.

19. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    You just, for some inexplicable reason, don't wanna call them sports?

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  20. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    Yes, everyone interprets art differently.

So admitting that you don't understand something is good enough cause to mock it and put it down?

Are people regularly trying to sell you on contemporary art? Not everything is a business deal. Personally, I don't care whether you like it or not, but I believe it's healthy, as Boo said, to offer alternative viewpoints when blanket, often erroneous statements are made.

Figure skating, gymnastics and diving are most certainly sports. No surprise that we disagree once more. [face_laugh]

21. Guidman

Dec 29, 2016
    Is a beauty pageant a sport then? You have opponents who you compete against. Here's the distinction for me personally (which by no means is gospel), if the sole outcome is decided by judging, I just find it hard to call that a sport. Athletic competition yes, sport no.

Have you guys seen these Porgs in the new movie yet ;)?

Dagobahsystem
    I've come to learn that we are on the opposite sides of the spectrum on alot of things.

christophero30 and DarthIshyZ like this.
  22. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    Guidman
    It's not opposite sides of the spectrum, but rather two completely different spectrums with different parameters of what is accepted and what is judged.

23. Guidman

Dec 29, 2016
    I apologize for my posts and opinions yesterday. Not what this forum is supposed to be for.

Have a good weekend everyone.

24. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    Good morning, everyone.

25. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    OK, then...

Good morning!

Sent using Tapatalk this was.

Thread Status: