main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social CLOUD CITY CANTINA (20.0) The Force Ghost Party!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Jar-Jar Binks, Jan 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    It's been a long time since I've been, so I'm looking forward to a fun weekend.

QueenSabe7 - right!! The people watching is amazing. :)

2. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Years ago, my family went to NYC to attend a Bar Mitzva. We took an afternoon to sightsee. A couple memorable things:
    - Seeing a turkey fashioned from silverware in Macy's window
    - A guy looking through some racy art at a street vendor and my uncle taking a pic, "You're part of posterity, fella!"

Dags, you've got a whole new set of Kate McKimmon gifs out there since she won an Emmy last night!

Sent using Tapatalk this was.

3. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    I remember going to my best friend's bat mitzvah back in 1997. Her temple was so close to my house I insisted I could ride my bike down there, and my mother was against that idea.

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  4. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    To backtrack to yesterday, when character were discussed, I like some of them. I might comment on them in a helter-skelter way.

I reiterate what others have said in that Rey's character was pretty great, especially on Jakku. You can sympathize well when after so much time of searching, Unkarr Plut only gives her 1/4 portion (if I remember). And Bodhi Rook definitely stood out on my rewatch of R1 as one of the better parts for me, especially when he isn't believed after all that he went through.
    I don't like Saw, though. I didn't really have enough time to get to know him, so he was pretty confusing as a character for me. Another thing about the comparison: I think that Finn and Cassian are more comparable to each other than Cassian to Poe. They both have bigger of a role in their respective movies, and share more time with Rey/Jyn. I probably would vote Cassian of those two.
    Other votes: K-2S0 for his sacrifice.
    Krennic for the "We stand in my achievement!" and for the fact that he dies at the hand of his own weapon.
    I definitely think this is odd, because if you just asked me on a given day which movie I preferred, I would say TFA (or would I?), but when I compared the characters, every one except the protagonist won. Maybe it's just because I can't sympathize with Jyn, even though I watched R1 with my father. Weird.

5. Adella7

Adella7 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 8, 2016
  6. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Good evening. :)

Valency Jane likes this.
  7. Adella7

Feb 8, 2016
    I purchased a Star Wars 2018 calendar through Amazon.com. I can't wait to get in the mail and put it on my wall next year. The theme of the calendar is characters from Star Wars 8:The Last Jedi.

8. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    You're thinking ahead, I'll probably get one closer to Christmas.

9. Adella7

Feb 8, 2016
    The calendars will be half off by December /January. The calendars come in every sequels of the series.

10. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    Hi. I grew up an hour from NYC and would people watch in Columbus Circle. Then I would go to the museum of Natural History to see T-Rex and walk across Central Park to the Museum of Art. Have a beer at Jeckel and Hyde's, a cool horror themed bar. When I was a kid I would beg my parents to take me to the "King Kong building. "Sigh. [face_love]

11. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    hey bro! not too good, my stomach is bothering me and I was sick yesterday morning, might see the doc, hope it's nothing serious.

I don't think I have ever thought about how I hand out likes to people, :p

12. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    I hope you feel better soon Dandelo I'm sorry that you got sick.

JEDI-RISING and Dandelo like this.
  13. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    I feel like I'm always sick in one form or another :p
    but thanks dude :D are you well? :)

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  14. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    Sure, welcome. Yes sir, I'm feeling well. Thank you. :)

Dandelo likes this.
  15. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    yes, hope you feel better rick !

16. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    I'm so happy for her. She deserves it.
    I love Kate McKinnon.
    [​IMG]

17. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    I had a good Monday which is surprising because I slept like poo.

18. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Haha, she's great! :D

19. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Anytime I've seen poo, it's just laid there. Seems poo sleeps pretty well.

Sent using Tapatalk this was.

christophero30 and Guidman like this.
  20. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Good morning, everyone.

21. Ava G.

Ava G. Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2016
    I finished a book called Star Wars: Aftermath: Life Debt. It's written in present tense and seems like the prose version of a movie script. I could've done without most the interlude chapters.

Some of the characters were a joy to befriend, especially the lovable but very jaded rogues Sinjir and Jas. I felt the writer did a decent job at capturing Han Solo on the page. Leia isn't as interesting as she once was, or later will become.

The villain? Umm... ehh... well, let's say the main villain is a bargain bin Thrawn. A conniving shadowy slimeball. And given how totally wasteful he is of the Empire's scrappy fleet, I'd question if he's really believable as the mastermind we're obviously meant to take him for.

Thankfully, the story does have a compelling antagonist in Rae Sloane. Her vision for the Empire might actually be something I could support.

Most the reader's time will be spent aboard ships, or on planets Chandrila (the New Republic's HQ), and Kashyyyk. The liberation of the Wookiee homeworld is, IMO, the best storyline here. The team's really put through the fire, and must exercise a lot of cleverness and insane bravery.

Overall, I recommend it. Just know what you're getting into.

22. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    Ava G.

Did you read the first Aftermath novel? Life Debt is certainly better than that, and the final book in the trilogy, Empire's End, is probably the best of the three. Wendig's writing style takes a little getting used to.

23. Ava G.

Ava G. Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2016
    Guidman Naw, but I'll go back and read it. :)

Agreed on Wendig's style. There's voice there, and when it works, it works pretty well.

24. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I did enjoy Life Debt and Empire's End quite a bit, but the first book in the series was rough to get through. I think it took me three attempts before I finally managed to finish it.

25. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Ya the first book was quite a challenge for me. The second I was iffy on, but I really enjoyed the third.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.