main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social CLOUD CITY CANTINA (20.0) The Force Ghost Party!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Jar-Jar Binks, Jan 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    Lol, you guys are really making me want to read the GoT books now :p. Basically sounds like a war of attrition between the book and yourself.

2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Dagobahsystem

Haha, that sounds familiar! [face_laugh]

I read the first book 2 years ago, but now I totally forget what happened (with all those crazy names to remember! [face_hypnotized] ), so I'll be starting back at square one!

3. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    Guidman
    I'll put it this way, I had no trouble making my way through Lord of the Rings. Enjoyed it very much.

Game of Thrones, well it's somewhat hit and miss, some great parts and other times you're like 'who the hell are these people and why should we care." lol.

Edit: And ninja'd by HanSolo29 !
    [face_laugh] That's exactly right Han!

4. Adella7

Adella7 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 8, 2016
    I need to read more books this fall and winter. [face_blush]

Valency Jane and christophero30 like this.
  5. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    I need to write my memoirs :p

6. Guidman

Dec 29, 2016
    Oh, the show is even like that at some points with characters. "Look its whats his name from four seasons ago." Thank god they show those recaps before the episode starts to at least refresh your memory.

I'm sure the amount of characters in the books is tenfold to whats in the show.

7. Adella7

Adella7 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 8, 2016
    How is everyone tonight?

8. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    I bought the first book of GoT two years ago and I haven't even started it. I cannot get into the show either.

9. Psych_Jedi

Psych_Jedi Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    I need to catch up on some Star Wars reading. I have a lot of books on my shelves that I haven't gotten to. In my attempt to write better poetry, I'm trying to read more poetry.

Valency Jane and Dagobahsystem like this.
  10. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Seriously, I think I spent more time referring to the appendix to to get everything straight than I did reading the actual story! :p

11. Halle Dray

Halle Dray Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Darth Kronos No, I didn't see your previous version of the post :p

12. Darth Kronos

Darth Kronos Force Ghost star 6

Jan 2, 2016

Perfection.

*nibbles on your arm*

13. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    I want to live on a deserted island with no people. Except you all of course. :p

14. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    Lol!
    I just checked, the appendix is 25 pages long lol!
    [face_party] :p

15. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Damn...

No wonder it took me forever! LOL! :p

16. Darth Kronos

Jan 2, 2016
    I think I should try reading A Song of Ice and Fire and Lord of the Rings at the same time.

17. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    I tried reading Game of Thrones. I think I made it to the end of the second chapter. The show is good.

18. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    Sorry to bring up mystery box again, but I wish Luke would have spoken in TFA. Mark is a great voice actor too; it is sad that he was silenced. Also sad he didn't see Han one last time.

When Rey hugs Leia at the end, is she hugging a stranger? Her aunt? Her mom? Too many mysteries in TFA, imo.

Again, sorry, but I hope we can get some definitive answers in the ST and not have SW treated like a television cliffhanger a la Lost or GoT.

19. Halle Dray

Halle Dray Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    I totally agree Dagobahsystem It wasn't as straight forward as the other films for me and although I like suspense, personally I think they overdid that a bit.

Dude, Darth Kronos, STOP NIBBLING MY ARM

20. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    Regarding the next Game of Thrones book, I'll probably be a grandfather before it's published...and I'm not even married or don't have any children (and not close to having any either). :p

21. Valency Jane

Valency Jane Force Ghost star 6

Jan 17, 2016
    By which time they'll have begun rebooting the series anyway, so you'll still be hip with the kids. :p

Good afternoon & happy day friends. [:D]

[​IMG]

22. Jar-Jar Binks

Jar-Jar Binks SWC Late Show With JJB Host star 8 VIP - Game Host

Nov 17, 2016
    Hey folks. :)

I haven't seen an episode of Game of Thrones since the end of Season 4. [face_laugh] I'll probably catch-up right before the last season. :p

23. Guidman

Dec 29, 2016
    Just think, they're making prequel shows (last I read it was 5 in development) to GoT so I'm sure they'll tie in books with that as well. Your reading list can just be GoT books for the rest of your life. That probably goes for anyone born in the next 50 years too.

24. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    havn't really watched but a few minutes of it

Valency Jane and christophero30 like this.
  25. Darth Kronos

Jan 2, 2016
    I don't mind the mysteries in The Force Awakens. It's the first film in a new trilogy of films, so it's completely understandable as to why Abrams and company decided to do that. And, by doing this, it sets itself apart from the previous two trilogy starters (as those always wrapped up in a neat little bow, in terms of leaving unanswered questions for sequels to answer. The Empire Strikes Back obviously broke this trend but whatever).

The Last Jedi will likely answer the burning questions after TFA anyway (why Luke is on that island, Rey's parentage, what's up with Ben Solo, et cetera). The first one for sure.

I just personally like the mystery.

Can you tell that I love TFA? I don't think you can. :p

What?

I'm hungry. :P

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.