main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cloud City Cantina [Version 12.0]

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Qui-Gon_Reborn, Jan 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darthrevan4ever

Darthrevan4ever Jedi Master star 6

May 3, 2008
    Yeah, its just what happens when you get 51 independent governments under one nation. But yes this is the time it just gets old, that these people are so arrogant to throw a fit like this

Admiral_Volshe likes this.
  2. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    This is the inevitable result of the GOP allowing Democrats to be labelled as the anti-christ. They should have kept their campaigning civil. Now they have a new mess on their hands, one that is most likely going to damage their image in the long term as it makes them look like the party of radical lunatics. If they don't put a stop to this then they can seriously say farewell to the moderate vote in 2016.

3. Darthrevan4ever

May 3, 2008
    Well the ultra conservative GOP is a dying breed thankfully, people are just sick of it minorities are coming out in larger numbers and women are also coming out and saying no to them more and more, i think by the time I'm old the old GOP will be dead and hopefully replaced by a more accepting group

4. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    The right wing doesn't need to be accepting. It would be nice for both parties to be non-discriminatory but it isn't a necessity for Republicans. What they need to happen is to be less aggressive in their campaigning, they need to adopt a more moderate image instead of provoking a radical response from their core voter-base. Telling the likes of Beck and Limbaugh to reign in their violent rhetoric would also go a long way in helping them.

5. Darthrevan4ever

May 3, 2008
    I think the minorities will be their death, they dont have allot of hope to live if they keep being so discriminatory with the feeling of people becoming more accepting (other then the midwest and south states which will always be discriminatory) look what happened in the election they lost because of the more open states

6. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    You do have a point, however I don't think that social issues are the only thing that center-ist states focus on. This election could have swung towards the Republicans off of the back of the economy if they didn't have the public image of brash bully boys.

7. Darthrevan4ever

May 3, 2008
    Oh have you had a chance to see the MLP opener ?

8. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    Yes I did in fact! :D It was a fun opening episode. Though the villain was a let down. MLP has a great pedigree for evil villains and he just didn't live up to it.

9. Darthrevan4ever

May 3, 2008
    I think he many lost out on the fact he wasn't fleshed out more then being evil, though i do like that just a regular pony can be evil it was a nice add into the Universe that we can have evil ponys how arent powerful princess or choas gods

10. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    I don't know, I wouldn't really say he was less fleshed out than Chrysalis or Discord. He had the same exposition dump that other villains have had. It was more a matter of him not really doing or saying anything. Compare this to Discord, who was an amazing villain because of how he interacted with the established character base (even if said characterizations were ripped off from Star Trek's Q).

11. Darthrevan4ever

May 3, 2008
    I think in this case all we saw was him as this vast cloud of smoke, we didn't get to see much of why he was a villain, unlike discord and Chrysalis who obviously showed why they are the bad guys, although in discords place we wasn't exactly a villain per say more of just a god of mischief and chaos. But i think the king really suffered from constraints of time from a two part episode, i actually hope to see more of him as this inner plot that is looking to be being weaved goes along

12. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    Personally I think he had ample time to make himself a memorable character. Unfortunately he just seems to be a throw away character to, as you say, move the season's story arc along.

13. Darthrevan4ever

May 3, 2008
    I agree, but part of me still hopes to see a bit more of him. Still it opens some interesting windows that ponies have the possibility to be evil cause up till now we never had any idea if we'd get pony villains

14. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    Talking of ponies, just found this in my post-Skyfall happiness!

15. Darthrevan4ever

May 3, 2008
    That is epic XD

Oh and by the way Fluttershy vs Rainbow in jousting was epic

16. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    I didn't like it, bullying flutters like that. :(

17. Darthrevan4ever

May 3, 2008
    It wasn't really bullying, more of they needed to distract people and everyone else was busy doing something else.

18. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    Why not with her famous birdie orchestra!?:_|

19. darktrooper25

darktrooper25 Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 25, 2010
    HELLO!!! ooh PMV! oh, here's something i think you guy's would like

Also Hi rev
    Hi chewgumma

20. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    Heya DT! :)

I'm really glad my brother spent time with me today. I think something clicked today, a new level of bond (no pun intended) that wasn't there before.

21. Darthrevan4ever

May 3, 2008
    ahh pony pokey is great

22. darktrooper25

Sep 25, 2010
  23. Darthrevan4ever

May 3, 2008
    watching more of those vids you told me about :p dt

24. darktrooper25

Sep 25, 2010
  25. darktrooper25

Sep 25, 2010
    *pokes Cantina with a stick* i think its dead. oh well * pulls out flame thrower* off to the marshmallow kingdom.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.