main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary Cloud City (from "Empire") at the Stampede?!!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by veritate, Jul 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. veritate

veritate Jedi Master star 2

Oct 25, 2004
    DrHaggis and I have mentioned it before (at the Truce Fest BBQ, and perhaps again at Con), but for those who don't know, one of the attractions at the Stampede this year includes Bryan Berg, Guinness World Record holder for tallest house of cards.

Bryan is currently working on a scale model of CLOUD CITY from Empire Strikes back, built entirely out of un-altered playing cards. He uses no tape or glue, just "sound architectual design". He's located in the ROUNDUP CENTRE (Stampede Market, where all the various vendors sell their super mops and shoe polish), right in the NORTH WEST corner, beside the Nintendo DS area.

More information here:

http://calgarystampede.com/events/venues/roundup_centre.html

I have heard rumors that he was at C3, as well. It's been suggested that we attend in our Jedi Robes and get some pics with the guy. Sunday, July 17th would probably be the best time, since he'll have completed the structure by then, and most people would have the day off...

Even if we don't all go as a group, I would suggest making that a stop when you're on Stampede Park, because it's really something to see!

2. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    I would love to break out the robes and head down to the grounds.

Ryan

3. Dyrra_Delwynn

Dyrra_Delwynn Jedi Youngling

Jun 28, 2005
    There should be more people in Jedi robes at the Stampede.

4. Darthrobe

Darthrobe Jedi Youngling

Feb 23, 2002
    Got to see it in Armour yesterday with Jordain, DrHaggis, and TD5900; looks pretty cool. Shame more of you couldn't make it out; would have been impressive, most impressive.

5. Dooks

Dooks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Saw him at C3 and when I was at stampede I asked him if he the same guy from that event and he was. He said he liked the star wars cards better then the regular playing cards.

6. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    cool, saw him at C3, i wonder if he'll be at klondike days, i had an overwealming urge to blow the cards over :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.