main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq CloudCroft trip/fan filming with San Diego!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by varza, Sep 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadyNaberrie

LadyNaberrie Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    LOL I got all confused! Memorial day is the 31st of May!!!!!!! I can make it!!!!!!!!!

2. varza

varza Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    okay i was curious, but you never know. schools are weird now in my day... blah blah blah...

3. Jaina313

Jaina313 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2004
    That's my graduation weekend. It makes it very difficult for me to come visit you guys! If you guys want to come sit out in the hot sun and watch me graduate on Saturday morning, you're welcome to. ;)

4. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    can we wear our armor? some stormtroopers and royal guards in the stands, the empire will be with you....

I just checked and if the person who asked for memorial day isn't going to need it for sure I can get the whople weekend off, so I am hoping against hope to make the entire weekend.

5. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    *has no armor* we'll try to be there :D
    Speaking of the CLoudcroft trip, I will bring my PS2 and Xbox with me along with the games I have.

6. Jaina313

Feb 18, 2004
    I believe they had a PS2 of their own last time. Although it might be nice for the weary travelers to not have to worry about hauling theirs around. I think it matters on how many video games Collin will play and how often. ;) And Leia and Lauren too.

7. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    well, they won;t be there msot likely this time. it will a mos alba gathering of the forces...but we are still waiting for the okay from Mara Jade to use her home that weekend.

as for the game units there are 2 tv's and we have sevearl gaming units in the group so we can probably hook up one of each unit to each television, but i am sure that will be worked out later on.

8. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Hey guys... you are welcome to use the house that weekend. :)

Actually, only one of the two TVs (the one in the livingroom) has the connections on it so you can hook a game system up to it. The one in the kitchen does not (as far as I'm aware.) The third little tv that you saw is one that we bring back and forth when we travel, and is the tv Collin has in his bedroom here at home. Since it is quiet at night without tv (as varza and Lor can tell you), bringing play systems and games is a good idea. Once we brought a projector and watched movies projected on the diningroom wall. Often we go down to Alamogordo at night to see a movie since Cloudcroft pretty much shuts down at 8:30pm. Board games (Star Wars ones) are a must as well! And good old fashioned conversation is wonderful too. ;)

9. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    thank you very much MJF!!

10. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    whoo! I'm so excited! :p that is if I can actually attend, but with all of you talking to my parents at my party I'm sure they'll say yes! Yes thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Varza, from experience, you don't want to wear armor at AHS graduation. If you're lucky, it'll be overcast. The families and friends sit in the stands at the stadium and the seats face directly east. Yes, that means, in the morning, you have the sun coming up over the mountains and baking you as you sit. Now imagine how the graduates feel. AHS colors are black and gold. Luckily, the ladies have the gold, but the guys are in black. Every year, you have people who are tempted to go nekkid under their robes (even the ladies!). But the school admin are known for yanking kids outta line for the littlest things.

Now imagine wearing armor. In the sun. For up to 2 hours. Would you like to be well done, or just shriveled up? :p

12. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    and that is a bad thing? for me at least?
    :p

13. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    Armor! Armor! Armor!

14. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    YEAH!!!!!! I just got clearence I have the entire Memorial Day weekend off of work!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeee haw!!!!!!!

15. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    YEAHHHHHHHH!

16. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    so who all will be able to go? once we have a confirmed head count we can figure out costs...

17. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    put me down for most likely

18. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    We will be there!!!

19. Lorithavon

Lorithavon Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2003
    Ya, the house was pretty quiet at night, with no TV, that is when I remembered that I brought my iPod and speakers, and we listened the the NPR Star Wars Radio Drama, We got half way through empire before Varza stared falling asleep on the couch. For reference the entire radio drama is about 13.5 hours.

-lor

20. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    lol poor Varza!! I would have fallen asleep on the couch too! will there be a lap top there??

21. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    yeah i will be bringing mine along with fan films...

well, it was after midnight and I took forever falling asleep the night before.
    the radio dramas are actually pretty cool.

I will recommend doing what Yvonne did last time, bring a call card with you. You can not call out on the phone lines but you can call with a calling card.

22. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    Most definitely will be doing that! My parents worry sick!

23. Jaina313

Feb 18, 2004
    Worse comes to worse and we need a phoneline, I live only 25 minutes away from Cloudcroft, and I don't know about you guys, but I only have to get about 5 minutes away from Linda's house to get service.

Yeah, armor wouldn't be much fun in the stands. But it'd make a very lasting impression, now wouldn't it? ;) It'd be great if you guys actually wanted to come (dressed up or not, I suggest not), because almost none of my family is coming. I can't promise I'll be able to come up to CC much that weekend though because I have two important graduation parties to go to. I could probably come most of Monday though. And I'm sure Mandy will be in on all of this!

If you want to come, listen for
    "Andrea Ellen Gomolak" (they will mispronounce it probably)
    and
    "Amanda Elizabeth Skogen" (Mandy)

AND CHEER LOUD! ;)

24. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    In Armor of course!!!

25. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    There are computers/internet available free for public use at the Cloudcroft Library in Cloudcroft. The library is the 100 year old red brick building next to Cloudcroft High School.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.