Abq Cloudcroft Trip-Memorial Day Weekend

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by varza, Apr 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. varza Jedi Master

star 4
    figured we would go ahead and start a thread for just the memorial day weekend trip.

Dates: May 29th(evening) to May 31st(afternoon)
    Where: Mara Jade Fan's Place
    Cost: ?

Plans so far:
    Sunday-Full Out BBQ
    Saturday Morning-Jaina's Graduation Crash (costume event?")

Things to Bring:
    Calling Card
    Water
    Food
    Camera

Recreation Equipment:
    PS2-supplied by LadyN
    X-Box-Supplied by LadyN
    Game Cube-Supplied by
    Extra TV-Supplied by Lor
    Music-Supplied by everyone!
    Laptop-Supplied by Varza
    VCR-Supplied by Varza
    Movies-Pirates-LadyN, SW-the Real OT (varza)

People Coming:
    Gecko & Yvonne
    Jaina313
    mandy_djo
    Varza
    Lor (I think he said he would be there)
    LadyN (?)
  2. LadyNaberrie Jedi Master

star 4
    I can supply the Xbox and PS2 along with my games, I will also bring Pirates of the Caribbean.
  3. varza Jedi Master

star 4
  4. LadyNaberrie Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok My list of games is as follows

Original PS:
    Final Fantasy VII
    Final Fantasy VIII
    Final Fantasy IX
    and
    The Phantom Menace

PS2:
    Dark Cloud 2
    Final Fantasy X
    The Sims
    Kingdom Hearts
    .Hack Infection
    Final Fantasy X-2
    Star Wars: Bounty Hunter
    Star Wars: The Clone Wars
    The Sims: Bustin Out

Xbox:
    Knights of the Old Republic
    Star Wars: Jedi Outcast Jedi Knight II
  5. varza Jedi Master

star 4
    are you planning on bringing them all?

anyone else want to do a hike while we are there? I would like to
  6. LadyNaberrie Jedi Master

star 4
    I think I am only bringing the ones I play most often with me. I don't want my hands too full!
  7. Jaina313 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hiking sounds good. If there's time.

Add me and mandy_djo to the list!

(Sorry, I was on my DISNEYLAND trip for the last few days!)
  8. Jaina313 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey, you guys, I would strongly discourage you from dressing as stormtroopers to graduation if you're still planning on coming. My principal is kind of silly. I still have yet to ask him about it, but I doubt he'll be keen on the idea.
  9. BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler

star 5
    Who, Coach Jaramillo? He's prinicipal, now, right?
  10. LadyNaberrie Jedi Master

star 4
    Yea, I was thinking that too "what if the teachers,principals,etc. get a little mad at us?" and I am most likely only going to bring my playstation2 because well, I have no idea how to bring both and have free arms for my bags or whatever.
  11. Jaina313 Jedi Knight

star 3
    No, well, Mr. Jenkins is the principal- but he's retiring with our class. I believe Jaramillo will be the principal after Jenkins, but who knows for sure? (I think Jaramillo is a butt.)

Yeah, it's only a weekend, LadyN. Hopefully everyone will be so busy that there will not be need for much video game playing.
  12. BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler

star 5
    Ahhh, Mr. Jenkins won't get upset. Besides, what the people do in the audience is not going to stick in his craw, it's what the seniors do.

I had him for World History, 10th grade. He's a good teacher. He only became principal when my sister was a senior (or junior, can't remember).

And Mr. Jaramillo was my 10th grade Algebra teacher. Also a good teacher. One of the people that helped convince me that math wasn't as terrible as others believed it to be.

They won't give a stink as to what family and friends do. I don't think they can even do anything about it. Sure, they will probably have the right to, but I doubt they'll ruin it for the seniors.

I mean, how cool to have some Imperials appear at your high school graduation! If I had my armor and was planning on being down that weekend and it wasn't going to be too hot, I'd do it!
  13. LadyNaberrie Jedi Master

star 4
    it's confirmed! I'm goingg!
  14. varza Jedi Master

star 4
  15. Jaina313 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Update...

Talked to Mr. Jenkins tonight, and he says it's probably a very bad idea to come in Stormtrooper suits because of "all that's going on in the world right now." So yeah, there ya have it. Sorry guys! It's probably just as well, with as hot as it's getting.
  16. Gecko_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    Nothing like the Imperial threat of inter-galactic domination of a high school graduation! He will feel the heel of my Imperial Boot on his Rebel tail end!

Not wanting to have Stormtroopers at a Graduation...who ever heard of such a thing? After all...we are the good guys...right?
  17. LadyNaberrie Jedi Master

star 4
    It's not like you're bringing guns and weapons of any sort. it's just armor. And there's a chance I may not be able to go depending if my work gives me those days off. I am HOPING they will because I told them I've had it planned for like 6 months.
  18. varza Jedi Master

star 4
    yeah but we have to go by what the school says. it may make some people nervous with seeing someone in armor, even without guns. for many this is a very serious occasion for some-like me when i graduated-count the minutes until they can leave.

I am going to wear a Mos Alba shirt though. Probably my breast cancer shirt so I don't die!

Hey guys, different subject, should we start planning meals?
    so we know what to get?

maybe a few people can volunteer to cook a meal and they are responsible for getting the food for that meal?

I know I would like to cook a lasanga or something of that nature while there. I am still trying to convince Lor that I do know how to cook. But I am a big cooker-I like to cook when it takes me hours to prepare the meal not a few minutes. its the drama!
  19. Jaina313 Jedi Knight

star 3
    That reminds me, I'd really like to get a Mos Alba shirt of some sort. The breast cancer ones were cool.

If you guys would like, we're having a graduation party in Alameda park here in town that whole Saturday (we've rented out the gazebo, a whole bunch of us, from 1pm-8pm). It's a huge potluck, and our parents are running the whole thing. If you'd like to come eat some of that food, they're planning on like 100 people (yeah RIGHT!).
  20. Lorithavon Jedi Knight

star 3
    We're all out of shirts, we only order what we need so some one, namely me, doesn't have to pay for the shirts and sit on them. And wait until some one wants one. But we could start a list of people who want one and when we get enough people to do another run of shirts. They'll get them then.

we ordered a few extras with the black one and about a year ago, and I finally just got rid of the last one about a month ago.

-lor
  21. varza Jedi Master

star 4
    I probably won't come to the BBQ. From myself, thank you for the invite though.

Will bug lor tonight on the shirt. I think he has some left.
  22. varza Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, I just looked at my sc hedule the other day. I work in Egdwood that friday and I can't close the store before 6pm.

Which means I won't be in town until near 7pm. So, looks like I won't be able to caravan with you all. I can follow you down though. I will be there around 11ish.
  23. LadyNaberrie Jedi Master

star 4
    I CAN GO YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY I GET OFF!!!!!!!!!!!
  24. SirLancelot Jedi Master

star 4
    sounds like fun,

too bad im going to Grand Outlandish that weekend
  25. LadyNaberrie Jedi Master

star 4
    Ups! So, who's taking me? should I have my parents take me...one of you guys?
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.