main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Clouds on Tatooine?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Jedi_Meb, May 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Meb

Jedi_Meb Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2005
    I know it was used to create an overall beautiful endin scene, but was it really accurate to have bunch of "sunset clouds" on a planet that gets pretty much no rain? It's prolly just a minor loophole, but I think it is an interesting note.

2. marajadebean

marajadebean Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2005
    Look at the way George made it rain on Coruscant when Palpy/Sid brought Ani/Vader back from Mustafar. I think George really uses these weather motifs as a symbolic reference to tone, good v. evil.

As far as it being cloudy on Tatooine, I just take it as the fact that the storm of the Empire will be brewing and causing trouble for 20 years but Luke will evenutally see a clear sky and help to bring down the Empire.

3. joehahn000

joehahn000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    I noticed the same thing when I saw it. I was like "Clouds???"

/,,/
    Rock on!

4. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    There's been clouds on Tatooine plenty of times in the other movies ;)
    Clouds = moisture, not neccessarily rain.
    There's also a bunch of plants and shrubbery everywhere.
    Watch every movie (aside from ESB) again, and you'll see.

5. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    The Lars do live on a moisture farm, Tatooine can have clouds. I don't see anyting wrong with it.

-Seldon

6. Darth_Surgent

Darth_Surgent Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2004
    Maybe one of the reasons that they were looking out in the distance was because of the rare occurrence of clouds. ;)

7. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Well there isn't too much to do on Tatooine, so it seems like they do a whole lot of looking up at the sky. Makes time go by quicker ;).

-Seldon

8. Calamarian

Calamarian Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2005
    no "those "sunset clouds" are high level cirrus clouds which do not necessarily require high humidity at ground level. I frequently see them in the winter after the passage of a cold front when ground level humidity is quite low. Here in our universe on Earth cirrus clouds are frequently seen in terrestial deserts but they produce no rain.

9. Steve1977

Steve1977 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2000
    In ANH there are rain clouds everywhere. Kinda wish ole George would remove them :)

10. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    Calamarian, that response is far too sensible for someone who registered in May 2005. I'm more used to 05/05'ers harping on about Darth Maul in the TV series and 3PO being gay [face_plain]

So can you have a word with the Admins and see of they can 'clock' your date or something? :p

Welcome to the boards!

{||||| ?||} -----------------------------

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.