main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Club Activity Ideas

Discussion in 'Archive: Idaho Falls, ID' started by jedi5150, May 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi5150

jedi5150 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 4, 2000
    OK, this should be a perfect place to post ideas for club activities. If you've got ideas of things to do (at meetings or otherwise) post them here. I'll start:

I thought it may be cool to have a hot dog roast out at sandy downs at the location where we shot Reepo. There's a fire pit that you can reserve through the parks and rec department.

I've also been throwing around the idea of a golf tourney????

Let's hear some more ideas!

Doug

2. BithLord42

BithLord42 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2003
    Yeah, the thing at Sandy Downs could be fun, and a golf tourney, wow, I'd play, 'course I haven't played in 5 years, and I was never very good anyhow, but it'd be fun.

Also, I know a club outing to the Hulk has been brought up by Laura, and last night when I was talking to her, she brought up T3 (that's Terminator 3), and I think both would be really good ideas.

Anyhow, that's just what I think
    Ryan

3. Ariadnae1

Ariadnae1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2003
    All very good ideas. I still think the bowling idea Laura brought up would be fun. I also don't know how into the outdoors you guys are, but maybe camping for a weekend might be fun? (I got a tent for my birthday and am dying to us it.) :)

4. jedi5150

Dec 4, 2000
    yup, camping would be a blast. I may even be able to swing getting a cabin for the weekend....maybe...

5. RABIDJAWA

RABIDJAWA Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2002
    If we could get our hands on a telescope, it might kinda cool to go stargazing one night...

6. nordicgal

nordicgal Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    I vote for all the above mentioned activities, especially camping!!

BTW - Marvincade and I have a telescope. It's not a very high-powered one, but it's still fun to use.

7. Ariadnae1

Apr 15, 2003
    Looking at the stars, what an awesome idea! And we really wouldn't have to go to far to do it. Very good, and fun idea.

8. Ariadnae1

Apr 15, 2003
    Okay, the star gazing thing really got my interest. I went out on the wonderful world wide web to see if there are any meteor showers this summer. The first one is june10-21 called the June Lyraids. It has a max of 8/hour on June 15th and they are white and blue. Sounds kinda cool. The really famous one, the Perseid Meteors happen July 23-August 22 with the max being Aug 12-13. I have read anywhere from 50-100 can be seen per hour during the maximum. If you want to read more about cool going ons during the summer, go to:
    http://comets.amsmeteors.org/meteors/calendar.html

Just something to think about.

9. jedi5150

Dec 4, 2000
    oooh, this could be cool!!!!

10. RABIDJAWA

May 20, 2002
    What about a club road trip. Maybe to, like, City of Rocks or Craters of the Moon, or somethin'. Just a thought...

11. Ariadnae1

Apr 15, 2003
    that sounds like fun too. dang you keep coming up with good things to do. if we were all rich, we could go to jackpot for a weekend, and be sinful......oh, to have money would be nice :)

12. RABIDJAWA

May 20, 2002
    Erin,

You don't need money to be sinful, you can do it at home. All's you need is duct tape, peanut butter, a putting iron... Oh, golf clubs are expensive. You're right, you do need money to be sinful.

13. Ariadnae1

Apr 15, 2003
    Adam,

Peanut butter and duct tape.......you are a bad boy who likes to get messy, huh?

I think that even going to Mesa Falls would be fun, it is pretty there, we could picnic and just hike around. Also, another possiblity for camping could be Warm Springs (at the bottom of Mesa Falls). My family reunion was there last year, and it was fun. We floated the creek, rode bikes, and just had fun. Also, there is shade for those of us who need it, decent outhouses, and water. As far as I know, there are no bears or snakes, but I could be wrong, I am just a stupid girl. It is a thought though.

14. Ariadnae1

Apr 15, 2003
    Okay, I said I was a stupid girl, and I meant it. It is called Warm River, Warm Springs is over by Sun Valley. Just at intially looking at the website, it is $10 per night per spot. At my reunion, we had like 9 or 10 tents on 2 spots. Not so bad.

15. BithLord42

BithLord42 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2003
    What about Warm Lake, Warm Falls, and Warm Creek? I think the Road Trip thing could be cool. I wonder how many people we could pack into Doug's mini-van before he'd want to kill us all?

By the way I used to be all for the golf thing, but now I'm not sure if I want Adam anywhere near my putter.

By the way, who all golfs is that even a conceivable thing?

- Ryan A.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.