main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Club Events Calendar

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Rox , Feb 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    Is Pitt doing the catering or someone else?

2. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Pitt has hired a caterer for the event. I'm told it's really good and that the meal alone is worth $10. That came from SAC (Staff Association Council) at Pitt.

3. DarthDahc

DarthDahc Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 4, 2002
    I've had te pitt meal before... it sucks everything ishard and burnt old and smelly, the is ou fr an hour and if you don't get there in time then your screwed. All yu get is freedrink pretty much all day, it ends at a certain tme

4. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    I don't know where you would have gotten that from Chad. When did you have this meal? I'm told that the Caterer for this event is new to Pitt, so I suspect the food will be good.

Please do not trash this.

This is an opportunity for us to come together for a whole day's worth of fun and hopefully get some new members along the way. The meal is just a side benefit.

Even if the meal were to be bad, you still get a good deal on tickets for the same Kennywood.

Here again is the info on when the meal and drinks are available:

Big Raffle and Catered Meal

Drinks will be offered from 11:00 AM until 3:00 PM

The all you can eat catered meal is available from

12:00 Noon until 2:30 PM

That's plenty of time to eat and stuff yourself. ALL YOU CAN EAT. And also plenty of time for refilling drinks. Shoot the fact that you get free refills is enough alone, besides the meal. Kennywood does not give free refills so at least for the first HALF of the day you won't need to pay for drinks and if you eat a decent meal you won't have to pay for any food. Again, that sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me. On top of that you SAVE $8.95. I even checked the group rates and it's $20.50 for groups (on weekends) of 20-100 people (which is where we would fall into). That's the best we could do and that doesn't include food and drink at ANY time. Even the BEST deal, which is $16/ea for groups of 1001 or more on a WEEKDAY doesn't include food or drink. And you know that people tend to spend MORE than $4 on that. SO all in all this is a great deal.

5. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Someone make me a plate with one of everything and I'll drive by the gate where you can give it to me :)

6. DarthDahc

Sep 4, 2002
    I don't know man I am telling you this isn't new to pitt cause i have done it before and it really sucks i mean the food sucks but 20 bucks is still cheaper than the 25 to get in i am not trashing the idea cause it really wasen't your idea in the first place i came up with the idea to go on into the city and dress up and pass cards out then whitney and the 66's starting planning the kennywood day and you just kinda stepped so... I mean still 20 bucks is better than 25 but i would bring food money still

7. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    I brought this up in January. The talk of going into town and passing out stuff started well after that.

Here's my thread on this to prove it.
    Note the date.

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=10194394&replies=11

8. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Can we stop this petty bickering crap? It's starting to get old. Who cares who plans something. If you want to go then GO. If not DON'T.

9. Mrs_jedi_1966

Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2002
    to give Chad his credit that is due (since he is not around to speak for himself) and to NOT get in the middle of this; here is his thread that he mentioned:

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=10121558&replies=31

this is on page 16 the thread title is "a night on the town"

Chad started this idea on January 9th - Chris mentioned the idea of Kennywood a couple of days later - I mentioned that our company could get discount tickets if people were interested - THEN Sal posts a thread for SWAP day @ Kennywood on January 15th.

now facts are out ~~ carry on ~~ nothing more to see here.

10. DarthDahc

Sep 4, 2002
    HAHAHA BOOYAH!!!!

11. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Can we stop this petty bickering crap? It's starting to get old. Who cares who plans something. If you want to go then GO. If not DON'T.

I second the motion.

12. DarthDahc

Sep 4, 2002
    I just wanted to tell people before they planned on not bringing food money that it sucks so that they brought a little extra money cause i know people like stacie and me and tina don't have money to just waste, i don't think anyone does then he continued and i will not be slammed down on i will statee what i have to say thank you

13. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Rox mentioned a Kennywood day in a post last summer, so unless someone talked about it before that, ROX is the one with the original idea. No one else but him can take credit for the idea of a group day at Kennywood.

Chad, you certainly have the right as well as everyone else to voice you opinion here, but please show that you are above this. I would expect the same from everyone else. Any concernes of how official SWAP events should be arranged can be address at the meeting so everyone has their say.

14. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    ARRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!

ENOUGH!!!

WHO CARES WHOSE IDEA IT WAS FIRST??? WHAT MATTERS IS THE EVENT ITSELF! REMEMBER THE WHOLE "LETS GET TOGETHER AND HAVE A GOOD TIME WITH OUR FELLOW SW FANS" THING?!?!?!?!

This petty bickering about who had what idea first has gone on long enough.

No more squabbles about whose idea anything was. IT IS NOT IMPORTANT!!!! GET OVER IT! MOVE ON!!!

Not another word on the subject. LET IT GO! LET IT DIE! FORGET ABOUT IT!

This ongoing petty crap is just creating more discord and poisoning the atmosphere around here. Focus on what is important. Having a nice time.

Want to express your opinion -- fine. As my mother always said, its not what you say but how you say it. You can disagree with something, be opposed to something, express your dislike for something in a way that does not abuse the people who hold an opposite view.

AND, lets stop taking criticism PERSONALLY. Just because someone disagrees with you or offers an opposing viewpoint, don't think of it as a personal attack!!!!

okay. nothing more to see here. Move along.

:)

15. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    something to add to the events calander:

August 17th, Pirates Baseball game. PM greencat336 if you are interested in going. See the baseball thread for details!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.