main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA Club ideas

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by soneil, Dec 20, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I think a lot of Star Wars fans actually like Star Trek (even if not as much). In my experience I've found that hardcore ST fans criticise SW more than hardcore SW fans criticise ST. The average fans more often than not like both.
    If you want to see the worst of both camps, turn your newsreader to alt.startrek.vs.starwars

2. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    The thing is, I actually like Star Trek, I watch the videos,(mainly because of ineptitude on channel 9's part) I play some of the video games,(Voyager Elite is awesome!) and I also read some of the novels.
    I just can't stand it when one is held high over the other with someone proclaiming "This is better because that sucks!

But getting back to the original idea of this thread, are any members of this club willing to have a go at making some Storm Trooper armour with me in the near future? I've already started on the helmet.

Btw, I even married a trekkie...

(edit for typo's)

3. SoulKrusher

SoulKrusher Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2000
    Yeah I'm not trying to start a all out war here, and backed to the topic at hand.

Stormtrooper suits hey, I had planned to get some for my fan film but I looked far and wide and was deciding to do them all cg. However if you are planning on making some I may have some spots for you and anyone else in my upcoming film. I however am no good at costumes, shame. Let us know how it goes though.

4. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Will do, unfortunately though on the 10th I'm going in for a shoulder reconstruction,
    so won't be doing to much for the next couple of months.
    I do have a resin cast vacform mould for the front of a trooper helmet done so far though,
    I want to at least complete the moulds for the full helmet soon though.

5. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    This is all being done with the help of a guy I've mentioned to some of you previously, who is making a full scale stargate.

6. SoulKrusher

Nov 25, 2000
    So you keep saying! How is this guy going with the full scale star gate, I'd love to see it!! Do you know how detailed it is?

7. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    VERY detailed, all the symbols on the ring are accurate, the interior ring spins around and he has shown me the program that will run the gate itself.
    It's exactly the same as what you see on the series, even starts up randomly with incoming traveller alerts and has the ability to list the name of the destination planet if you punch in the right addresses.
    But with all the work he's putting in on that, I'm kind of left alone atm with the armour.

8. Grizzly

Grizzly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2000
    so i take it you have seen or downloaded the studiocreations stormie site? it'd be kinda fun.. except for the poor sucker who gets stuck in the cast :)

9. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    I keep on asking him what will happen if he forgets to turn the stargate on (visions of Dr Evil). We really should get him on here shouldn't we SM. Yet another nutter named Steve in the forum.

10. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    We could get him on here, but that would be less time working on the gate, which means it's longer till we can complete the ST armour.
    I'll see if he can come to the next meet though so you can all meet him.

11. JediLeia21

JediLeia21 Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    yeah, but thought ST uniforms , aren't exactly battle hardened, there the one that usually die alot more quicker * star wars , behind the magic *

so , u better be nice to SK , other if your a ST in the film , watch out :)
    J/K
    bye

12. SoulKrusher

Nov 25, 2000
    A FULLY DETAILED, WORKING VERSION OF A STARGATE!!! THIS I GOTTA SEE!! :)

Can he bring round at the next meet? :) Id love to see some pictures!

And for those people that may by ST, well I have a little surprise for some of you ;) Grizzly you remember the chukram, dont you? :)

13. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    It's still under construction, and a little large to transport around too much,
    I'll see if he can at least show you the program and some pics though.

EDIT: Oh, and I feel I should point out, no this is not a "fully working version" you see, as far as we know, no one else in the galaxy has built another one, so we'd have nowhere to travel to. ;P

14. SoulKrusher

Nov 25, 2000
    You mean to say it doesn't actually work, oh buggar! :) Actually if he has any pics of it somewhere they would be enough. Hmmm, maybe I could do a Star Gate fan film after the one I'm working on? :)

15. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    The pictures I've seen are early ones but the give an idea of the scale. Sitting on the top of his car, dwarfing it.

16. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    We already talked about a Star Gate fan film SK, possibly set in ancient Egypt prior to the slave uprising against the Gould (sp?)
    or on one of the other planets.

17. SoulKrusher

Nov 25, 2000
    You mean you talked together about it, did you guys have anything planned at all, still willing to go ahead with it, coz as soon as my film is over, I'm all for it.

But Egypt? Do we have do Egypt, again?

18. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    We've kind of talked about doing a fan film, but there's a lot of things we are working on or are planning to work on, atm, It's all in the 30 year plan.
    And yes, due to both of our interest in the era, we are doing ancient Egypt.
    What do you mean "again"?

19. SoulKrusher

Nov 25, 2000
    Well the Egypt scene has been done many times in the series, but I'm willing to go with it anyway. A 30 year plan ay, mmmm. Yeah I'll be still round, I;m sure of it. :)

20. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    any more ideas? [face_devil]

21. mutley

mutley Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 1998
    Yup, Lots of ideas :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.