main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Club Jocasta Book #1 - Labyrinth of Evil (now discussing Chapters 4-7)

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by heels1785 , Apr 18, 2016.

1. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    Just so everyone know, I've been finished with it for a while now. It was pretty good, but I couldn't shake this feeling in the back of my mind while going through it. Knowing it isn't canon and my preference for TCW series, I just wasn't fully into it. It was a weird experience. I felt the same way when I went through Heir to the Empire a few weeks back. I know what Coruscant looks like, but in the book Luke lives there and views mountains from the Imperial Palace. It takes me out of it when I notice stuff like that.

2. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Reverse for me. Anything different in TCW/NEU books and comics feel off to me.

Ezon Pin and Valiowk like this.
  3. Sepra

Sepra Force Ghost star 5

Jan 14, 2016
    I'm at this passage:

Oh my god, I have all the feelings. Poor Obi-Wan. It's like he knows.

4. Sepra

Sepra Force Ghost star 5

Jan 14, 2016
    And at last:

AprilMayJune, you should have warned me. SO SAD.

[​IMG]

Ezon Pin, Valiowk and Force Smuggler like this.
  5. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Have to post the part right before that. Love it.

6. AprilMayJune

AprilMayJune Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2015
    Oh God, I KNOW. I'm sorry, Seps. I said WHY STAR WARS WHY a lot while reading this.

Also the "infinite sadness" line made me want to hurl things at Star Wars collectively. WHY IS EVERYTHING THE WORST FOR OBI-WAN ALWAYS. My poor baby. :_|

Ezon Pin and Sepra like this.
  7. Sepra

Sepra Force Ghost star 5

Jan 14, 2016
    Yeah, most of this book was action without a lot of deeper thought in my opinion. I'm in Star Wars for the characters, not to imagine larger starship battles, but the parts that were character-driven between those two (and a bit with Padme) killed me. Those little bits of self reflection when you know what's coming is just....

That was a great quote Force Smuggler, I'm just not sure about the "jinks and jukes" part, but I guess it could fit in with AOTC's Film Noir Det. Kenobi. The rest of it is amazing though. They were just everything and it's so sad.

Ezon Pin, Valiowk and AprilMayJune like this.
  8. AprilMayJune

Nov 18, 2015
    I agree with your overall take here, Sepra.

I'm sad for Obi-Wan and Anakin, like, pretty much all the time these days. And I can't even reassure myself with the idea that at least their Force Ghosts are happy now, because I know they're not. LOL

Sepra likes this.
  9. AprilMayJune

Nov 18, 2015
    Star Wars hates me, I think.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Can't wait to hear more from your perspective. May give me some new insight on TCW-era material.

11. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Guys and girls, so sorry. I promise I will try to get something up this weekend. Promise.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  12. Sepra

Sepra Force Ghost star 5

Jan 14, 2016
    Pinky swear?

13. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
  14. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Grievous, Separatist Council, Ventress, Anakin being a Knight, Ashoka etc.
    Can't remember what else.

15. Kenobi098

Kenobi098 Jedi Knight star 1

May 8, 2013
    I have loved this books ever since it came out Lucerno is one of my three favorite Legends authors(JJM and Stackpole being the others). This book was an amazing lead into ROTS and has the best Anakin and Obi-wan interactions of any of the books that came out between AOTC and ROTS or even the TCW tie in(the karen miller books were okay).

Davak24 and Force Smuggler like this.
  16. Talos of Atmora

Talos of Atmora Force Ghost star 5

Jul 3, 2016

I wrote a post on another thread concerning the microseries about my preference for this version of Anakin. Really what makes or breaks Anakin for me in both continuities is the foreshadowing. The spiritual journey in the latter half of the microseries was far more subtle and well-conceived than the Mortis arc, which seems concerned with bashing it over your head.

Ezon Pin likes this.
  17. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Ladies and gentlemen -

Time for a little realization for me. At the moment, manning 7 different boards as moderator and still within the first 6 months of a new, high-pressure job - I am not getting the reading time I need to, and I feel terrible for watching this thread sit dormant.

So, here's what I'd like to do. I think this is a great idea. And I'd like to see it thrive, and I'd like to participate and support in any way I can. I am looking for a strong, organized user willing to take the mantle of leading the book club. If you are interested, send me a brief paragraph telling me why you would be a good choice.

if you are chosen, you get VIP status on the boards. Which means your name is in red, and you get a custom title. Pretty cool deal.

So send in your paragraphs, if you're interested. I'll look to make a decision sometime this week.

18. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Alright, friends and family. We have our new hosts for Club Jocasta.

Please join me in welcoming cubman987 and Sepra! They will be running the show, in terms of book selection and steering the conversation. I will do my best to keep up with the reading and pipe in when I have a chance, but the floor now belongs to you two.

Enjoy.

19. Sepra

Sepra Force Ghost star 5

Jan 14, 2016
    [​IMG]

I'm so excited to be hosting with cubman987 and nerding it up with all of you!

[​IMG]

20. {Quantum/MIDI}

{Quantum/MIDI} Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2015
    Why am I not surprised..... This was inevitable to happen and you know it Sepra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sepra likes this.
  21. Sepra

Sepra Force Ghost star 5

Jan 14, 2016
    I like how this sounds angry somehow. LOL.

Ezon Pin likes this.
  22. AprilMayJune

Nov 18, 2015
    Oh good. I do love it when my evil co-conspirators are given power. *makes a Mr. Burns-style finger-tent*

...I mean, uh, congrats Sepra! You'll do a bang-up job, doll. ;)

23. {Quantum/MIDI}

{Quantum/MIDI} Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2015
    Heels, you might as well give Sepra mod powers now...even this amount of power is so influential to the forums. Everything will turn to bananas at this point(btw I love that your a mini mod in this thread seps)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24. Banana-Wan Kenobi

Banana-Wan Kenobi Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 6, 2016

LOL. This is too much!

Ezon Pin and Sepra like this.
  25. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Looking forward to hosting with Sepra and sharing my love for reading and Star Wars with you all!