main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Club Jocasta: Shatterpoint

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Sepra, Nov 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Do they not say "don't judge a book by its cover"? :p ;)

But yeah, Shatterpoint is probably my favourite of CW novel covers. Other seem, idk, a bit busy.

The Japanese version is quite pretty (found on Wookieepedia). Palpy has particularly Dark Side-ish side eye.
    [​IMG]

2. Pain and Suffering

Pain and Suffering Jedi Master star 3

Mar 8, 2015
    I finished Shatterpoint a few days ago. Since Mace was the main character, I didn't think I would really like it (needless to say, I'm not much of a Mace fan), but I actually thought it was good.

Nick was a great character to offset Mace's personality, and he was my favorite character in this book.

Also, I find it interesting that the book ended with Depa in a bacta tank, since that is where Caleb finds her in the Kanan comics. I know that Shatterpoint technically ranks as Legends now, but it does match up pretty well, I thought.

As for the cover, I thought it was a bit too much going on, but I may just be getting used to the newer SW book covers, which are generally simple yet elegant.

3. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Hey I know we have kind of neglected the book club for a bit but we will get to a new book soon, sorry for the delay, I've had a lot going on the past couple of months and I know Sepra did as well.

Amon_Amarth likes this.
  4. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
  5. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    I never posted my final thoughts on this. I liked this book far more than I was expecting to. It's very dark and explores the horrors of war more than most anything else I can think of in Star Wars. It really reminded me of Apocalypse Now in a lot of ways and I'd be surprised if that wasn't a big inspiration for this book. I enjoyed Mace Windu's interactions with the various characters and dark situations, and getting his inner thoughts through his journal was a nice touch. I liked how the book explored the no winners/no good or bad guys in war tropes in a different way than most other SW books or other media. Overall I'd put this up there with Darth Plagueis at the top of the list of books we've read so far.

This thread will remain open for a little while longer if anyone wants to post any final thoughts. Otherwise we will be starting Dark Disciple soon!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.