main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Club Jocasta - Vote for the next book, you will

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by cubman987 , Sep 11, 2016.

?

Which book should we read next?

1. Yoda: Dark Rendezvous (Stewart)

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. Shatterpoint (Stover)

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  3. Dark Disciple (Golden)

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  4. Darth Plagueis (Luceno)

11 vote(s)
    61.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Hello everyone, it's time to choose the next book to read for our Club Jocasta book club. These are the books Sepra and I came up with this time around:

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous
    Written by Sean Stewart, As the Clone Wars rage, Jedi Master Yoda must once again face one of his greatest adversaries; Count Dooku.....

Shatterpoint
    Written by Matthew Stover, I know you will come for me Mace. You should never have sent me here.....I know you think I've gone mad. But I haven't. What's happened to me is much worse....

Dark Disciple
    Written by Christie Golden, The only way to bring down the Sith's most dangerous warrior may be to join forces with the dark side.

Darth Plagueis
    Written by James Luceno, Plagueis was the most powerful Sith Lord who ever lived. But could he be the only one who never died?

You've got a week to vote! Once we have a winner we will give everyone some time to get the book and read the first part. In the meantime, we are still discussing Kenobi here

[​IMG]

2. Sepra

Sepra Force Ghost star 5

Jan 14, 2016
    Darth Nerdling and cubman987 like this.
  3. Talos of Atmora

Talos of Atmora Force Ghost star 5

Jul 3, 2016
    Well, my opinion on the novel definitely echoes that of a lot of other people have shared. That there wasn't quite a lot of Obi-Wan in it. Of course, that being said, even the parts without his involvement were pretty good and the insight on his mindset during the Dark Times is interesting and really fleshes out his character. The greatest achievement regarding Obi-Wan himself is how JJM makes him appear as someone who was deeply impacted by the events in ROTS. That provides much of the emotional weight behind this novel (especially in the parts of this novel where he's accompanied by Annileen). However, the demand for a full novel that sticks with him all the way through is perfectly understandable.

Also, I really love how much this novel expands on Tatooine as a setting. Brings back the old Sharad Hett memories. :D

4. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Oh yeah should have tagged people, I knew I forgot something :p

Darth Nerdling and Sepra like this.
  5. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    Darth Plagueis for sure. It did a great job of realistically showing the thoughts and feelings of Plagueis and Palaptine, so they were niether crybabies or cackling maniacs. It made me interested in them without rooting for them, and the climax was very chilling. The way Palpatine kills plagueis was badass, and the fate of Plagueis was expected, but James Luceno was able to add suspense anyway.

6. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Darth Plagueis.

You took a few lines from RoTS and created one of the most compelling and iconic characters. What was so spectacular in the book, was the ending; you allowed the mystery of Plagueis to continue. Oh, plus, we see where Palpatine mastered the art of political manipulation; Plagueis was a true and perfect villain. He did horrible and cruel things because he could.

darskpine10 likes this.
  7. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Darth Plagueis, hands down, although I love all of the choices. Thanks for the heads up Sepra can't wait to dive into whichever is chosen.

8. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    Of these choices the only one I have read is Dark Disciple, been meaning to read Darth Plagueis for a while so I'd be happy if it holds on to win.

9. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    Jumping back in here since apparently I couldn't get myself together in time for Kenobi. :p Darth Plagueis has been my "I must read this next!" book for, well... too long so that got my vote. I've heard great things.

Amon_Amarth, Sepra and cubman987 like this.
  10. Talos of Atmora

Jul 3, 2016
    When you're the only guy who voted for Shatterpoint. Ah, whatever, Darth Plagueis would have been my second choice.

cubman987 and Sepra like this.
  11. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    Tomorrow should be the last day of voting....right now Darth Plagueis has a pretty good lead. If anyone else is going to vote get to it soon!

12. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    *Hermione hand raising* Oooh, I'd like to join, can I join?

About a year ago I embarked on a EU re-read. I'm through NJO atm, but I also wanted to go for more PT era stuff, so a book club would be perfect opportunity to do it. :)
    Looking forward to Plagueis, as I haven't read it at all. Same as QueenSabe7, had it on a must have list too long.

13. Sepra

Sepra Force Ghost star 5

Jan 14, 2016
    Please do!

14. Talos of Atmora

Jul 3, 2016
    Wait, what?

15. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    Okay so Darth Plagueis is the overwhelming winner! Everyone that needs to, get the book, and we will get to reading this week! Should have the new thread up tomorrow.

QueenSabe7 and Amon_Amarth like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.