main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Club Kobe? The L.A. Lakers fan club

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    Oi!

Come here to discuss all the aspects (good and bad) of the Purple and Blue...

Is Kobe good enough to build a champoinship team around?

Will Jackson get an extenstion?

Can the Lakers make the Playoffs this year?

Welcome to the Staples Center! (Worst stadium name ever!)

2. Armenian_Jedi

Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost star 7

Mar 14, 2003
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/Varouj5234/basketball/kobe.jpg]

3. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
  4. MasterP

MasterP Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jun 8, 2003
    I thought he was traded to the Toronto Rapeters?

5. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
    Big win last night. Beat the Jazz!

6. DurronFan

DurronFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2005
    I don't care that much for the Lakers, I'm a Cavaliers fan first, but I like Kobe Bryant. The guy gets more heat than he deserves I think. If the Cavs don't win a championship, I'd be happy to see Kobe and company do so.

7. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    It's funny how being both selfish, and a rapist, can get you that reputation.

8. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
    Last I checked, Kobe wasn't a convicted rapist.

So lets keep the name calling to a minimum, eh?

Like him or not, Kobe is a great player...one of the best in the league...and he has started passing the ball. And there is a good team around him this year, and they are the best in the Pacific.

9. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
    yeah, and last I checked, OJ wasn't a convicted murderer.

But anyone with any sense knows they both did it.

10. ApolloSmileGirl

Jun 18, 2004
    I was merely pointing out why Kobe gets more heat than you think he deserves.

He may not be a convicted sex offender, but anyone that doesn't see how selfish he is with the ball is blind.

11. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
    Oh no, I agree on both counts. He gets what he deserves, and yes, he does have selfish tendencies. But I have to agree with our legal system, whatever the flaws. He was found innocent...ergo, he's not a rapist. He was dumb to put himself in that position, but he wasn't found guilty by a jury of his peers.

And he has gotten less selfish the last two years. He still hoards the ball, but he has been passing lately. And you can't argue with the early sucess the Lakers have seen behind him this year.

12. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
    1. they never found him innocent... go read an article about what happened.

2. even if he's not a rapist, he still cheated on his wife with some nasty lookin chick from colorado.

3. [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/Varouj5234/rajakobe.jpg]

13. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
    Okay, you're right, he wasn't found innocent, but he wasn't found guilty (at least according to my sources), and in our system, you are innocent untill proven guilty.

I agree that he isn't the best role model. I havn't been arguing that he is. I know he cheated on his wife, and I think he gave himself the public image he has right now...and rightly so. I just don't think people should call him names such as rapsit, when that is not really the case. Unfaithful, selfish (but great) Basketball player, yes...but rapist, I don't think so.

14. DurronFan

Jul 25, 2005
    I always find it amusing and silly why people associate players' behaviour outside the sport directly to how well or badly they play the game. Does Kobe's blemished reputation of being accused of rape and heaving cheated on his wife diminish his skills in basketball? I don't think so, but a lot of (not all of course) Kobe-haters do. Some people just have to find more excuses for them to hate some players. Calling him selfish in the court is justified but that at least has to do with how he plays the game so that is a relevant point. Him cheating on his wife isn't. And as somebody already pointed out, the guy has started to pass the ball more. He saw how that worked well for the team when they nearly beat the Suns in last year's playoffs.

15. NM_Mandalorian

NM_Mandalorian Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2005
    Have any of you actually seen pictures of both the Utah girl and Kobe's wife? Why rape somebody when you have that at home. The girl wanted and just looked for money after word. And let's face it, it is anyway to hate on a player killing your team. The same thing was true back in the day with Jordan cheating on his wife all the time. Now I am not saying it is the right thing to do, but people are just using that as an excuse to hate on Kobe. He is by far one of the best players in the league right now and that is saying a lot with how much talent is out there right now. With Kobe on the team, the Lakers will always be playoff potential. Now with the way they are currently playing they are could go far in the West, but they still don't have enough to be Champs yet. They really need a point guard. I say the worst thing Mitch has done as GM was letting Fish go. Farmar has potential but needs a few years to reach it. Sasha is also a good guard off the bench but I don't see starter qualities in him. And well Smush needs to be dropped for cap space because there isn't even any decent trade material in him.

16. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
    hate on a player killing my team? Last I checked my team bounced Kobe out of the playoffs last season.

The Lakers are a middle of the road team, they aren't killing anyone.

17. DurronFan

Jul 25, 2005
    Well they did just beat the Spurs...of course that was just a fluke and a momentary lapse by the most exciting team in the NBA;)

18. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
    You think they can beat the Spurs in a best out of 7 series?

I don't think even Tunick would say that... and he's the biggest homer on the boards.

19. DurronFan

Jul 25, 2005
    Of course they can...probably wont but how can anybody in their right minds say that the Lakers couldn't possibly beat the Spurs? And what's up with this attitude of yours trying to put down a good game by the Lakers?

20. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
    when did I ever put down their good little game they put together?

You're simply reading too much into one game.

and no, they can't beat the Spurs in a best out of 7. No way, not a chance in hell.

21. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    If the Lakers played like they did last night, they'd have a great chance against the Spurs in a playoff series. But the Lakers are always horribly inconsistent, so they must change that, or else doom will follow in May.

22. DurronFan

Jul 25, 2005
    Well excuse me Armenian_Jedi, but when I feel like congratulating the Lakers on a winning the Spurs in a thread like this and you reply by saying "You think they can beat the Spurs in a best out of 7 series?", then yes, you are trying to diminish their accomplishment.

And as for inconsistency, can't argue there. Like I said, they probably couldn't beat them but any team that can take the Suns to 7 games in the playoffs also has some chance of beating the Spurs. To say that such is impossible makes you either anti-Lakers or pro-Spurs.

23. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
    1. you weren't congratuling them. You were trying to make a smartass remark directed towards me.

2. I didn't diminish their one game accomplishment, I simply replied back to the post you made directed at me.

3. They took a Suns team without Amare and Kurt Thomas to 7 games. =D= I guess if Tim Duncan wasn't playing, you could take the Spurs to 7.

4. Definitely not pro-Spurs... won't deny the Anti-Rapers remark though

24. ApolloSmileGirl

Jun 18, 2004
    1. I've seen her.
    2. Kobe's wife is notorious for being an uptight bitch(think Ray Allen's gf in "He's got Game")
    3. The girl didn't want to have to go thru the trauma of a trial, and have to go thru further emotional distress that she'd already suffered via the internet, and retarded ass megafans that thought Kobe could do no wrong
    4. She settled out of court(and don't think for a second that Kobe didn't have his ass in a chapel thanking God for weeks, after that went thru).
    5. San Antonio is not AJ's team, and trust me the Lakers can't go 7 with more than handful of teams, especially if Kobe is still turning back to his ballhog gameplay.
    omg, that's a great point, let's look at that further....
    Why **** somebody else period, if his wife is hot? Huh? Must be a reason.

The "She got what she wanted" argument is the best though. You're right, though. All girls are sluts. She got what she wanted, obviously. :rolleyes:

Also keep in mind, though this girl in Colorado may have started out consensually having sex with Bryant, she told him several times to stop, and he just got rougher.

So, justify that in a fairly coherent way, that might make anyone with an IQ higher than 17, agree with you.

25. DurronFan

Jul 25, 2005

Oooooh brother,

1. I'm sorry my remark came out that way. I should have worded it better. My point in posting was originally to congratulate them but then when I read your post I got carried away elsewhere.

2. Conceded. Although you still seemed to imply that them winning the Spurs means absolutely nothing. Maybe I'm reading too much into one game, sure, but this is a Lakers fan club thread, if you haven't realized.

3. You just won't give up on this, will you? You're telling me that it's axiomatic that any Lakers squad, regardless of how well they'd play, could never beat a full Spurs team? Dude listen to yourself.

4. Now that was uncalled for. You're telling me that any Kobe-fan is pro-rapist. Or was that just a poorly worded joke, cause it sure looks that way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.