Club Kobe? The L.A. Lakers fan club

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Omi-Rewer Jedi Master

star 3
    Kobe scored 65 points agaisnt the trailblazers and then followed up that effort with 50 points agaisnt the timberwolves! I can't wait till thursday's game! But Im still worried about the lakers lack of defense. With Kobe scoring as much as he did in those two games, the lakers should have blown out those two teams, instead they barely won and it was at home. Lets see what the lakers can do Thursday on the road against the worst team.
  2. ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    Yes, he's taken on his "me first" attitude again. Go Kobe!
  3. Baron-Soontir-Fel Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    To be fair, Jackson implored Bryant to take over the team, considering how discombobulated it is.
  4. New_York_Jedi Force Ghost

star 6
    Considering they had lost 7 straight games...and then won the two that he took over...can you really say it was the wrong thing to do? Something had to stop the skid.
  5. Zizz Jedi Master

star 4
    Luke's back, Lamar's playing a little better (although not as aggressively as I'd like), and Smush has been shooting the ball quite well. Kobe's scoring outbursts are nice, but they won't get it done in the playoffs unless those three, along with a few others, step it up.

The Portland and Minny games were certaibly fun to watch, but I'm not confidant we can beat playoff teams with that style (actually, I'm certain we can't).

However, as anyone who's been watching the games can see, our offense is completely different with Luke in the lineup. More movement, better entry passes, he brings some nice post play forcing defenses to collapse, etc. He just makes things go, possibly moreso than Lamar. I just hope we can get back to the top tier play we had going at the start of the year, now that we're healthy again.
  6. DarthIntegral Force Ghost

star 7
    four more points tonight for another fiddy spot ...

edit: Make that two

Kobe is the best scorer in the NBA. The man is sick.

edit 2: And he's got it. wow.
  7. Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    Kobe is the best scorer in the NBA.

No argument. I think he has that down, easy. Best player, maybe, maybe not, but best scorer, yes.
  8. Darth-Omi-Rewer Jedi Master

star 3
    Four straight games of 50 or more! He is unreal. Too bad he will never win the MVP award.
  9. LordPullus Jedi Knight

star 3
    It's almost playoff time, and the lakers in Kobe's Era have managed to squeeze into the playoffs once again. I like the lakers, and I like Kobe but those close losses where they lead by double digits is what gets me. Granted they've been rolling through most of the latter part of the season undermaned, but every team has their ups and downs.

While I'm glad that they made the post season, and prefer them matching up with Phoenix rather then Dalls I'm pretty excited to see a Phoenix team with a healthy Amare Stodemire face off against a front line that is now back to near full strength with Kwame back in it. The time away for Kwame helped out Andrew Bynum who was put under the microscope, and also showed the lakers what they could expect from Ronnie Turiaf which was alot of hustle.

I'm looking at the Lakers using the same approach they used last time around in the playoffs, but I'm anxious to see how Jordan Farmar who seems to be the starter at point guard spread the floor with Luke Walton with Lamar still handling the ball at times and Kobe setting up post in isolation.

Granted the Phoenix Suns are poise to run the court and try to do the score I look for Jackson to utilize Kobe's variation of the triangle to slow down the pace and limit the number of fast break points the Suns get in transistion. The Lakers are going to have to control the clock to have a chance in winning, and I think with Farmar who is a tad bit guicker then Smush at point will be able to stay in front of Nash who is the focal point of the Suns offense.

I wanna see more Kobe in the low post, and Lamar being aggressive to the whole and in the post.

Prediction Lakers in Six

If Kobe doesn't havent' to score more then fifty in consecutive games.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.