main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Club Name of SF Fan Force

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Tenken, Jun 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Alright this club needs a name and the name will be decided by the members of this club. Preferably the name should be serious, symbolic, and fun at the same time. Though such a profound name maybe somewhat elusive...

Personally I like to recommend "The New Republic of San Francisco: Remastered". It's symbolic, decently serious with a fun tint.

Perhaps instead of Remastered we can have:
    "THX Certified" or "Special Edition" (though that's already taken by Ventura County FF)

All suggestion will be discussed and voted upon live perferably at the next meeting, and also online as long as we can confirm people's identies. The admins will also have final say on the approval of the name so let's make sure any suggests are PG-13. ;)

2. padme_skywalkr

padme_skywalkr Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 21, 2002
    I like the New Republic....but any other addition is a bit much. The title should be short and should have no reference of anything else. :) Somebody will think of something....

3. The_Rock

The_Rock Jedi Youngling

Jun 12, 2003
    the new republic is a good name for the club...that's my vote....my 2 centavos

4. Rogue6

Rogue6 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    el Republico Nuevo huh...

es un posiblemente.

So long as the Club website looks cool,

It Doesn't Matter What It's Name Is!

5. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    I knew I should have taken Spanish in high school... Rest assured Six, when the site for SF Fan Force is up we will make it look good... but I disagree with you on the last part of your assestment, the club name DOES matter and needs to be taken seriously... At least a little bit. ;)

6. padme_skywalkr

Nov 21, 2002
    Calm down....In all honestly I like SF Fan Force as a name...The new republic has too much of a rebel tone to it...lol...it should be neutral

7. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Something like the "Rebel Alliance" has a Rebel tone to it. The New Republic was established after the fall of the Emperor six months after the Battle of Endor legitimizing itself as a government. It's symbollic... and we are err... "New"... :p

I don't mind us keeping it just SF Fan Force but it's kinda lame. Like we weren't creative enough to make a name for ourselves or something. lol

8. padme_skywalkr

Nov 21, 2002
    I dont think its lame because..the group is small...so when it grews I think then you could get creative with the name...Not everybody is in the the EU side of things...so I think it should be neutral on both sides of the force as well as different types of fans.
    ".....by any other name would smell as sweet"

9. padme_skywalkr

Nov 21, 2002

10. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Alright we have time. We'll decided when it comes down to it. :)

11. The_Rock

The_Rock Jedi Youngling

Jun 12, 2003
    the Rock still likes the New Republic....

12. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    ok something neutral... ummm... like what? The New Remenant? or the Imperial Republic...? oh wait that sounds too much like Old Republic to Empire... It's hard to have such dichotomy in a name though. It's like saying the name should be the lightside/darkside club. Staying neutral is rarely ever an option unfortuantely... I dunno, but the floor is open to suggestions.

13. Rogue6

Mar 12, 2002
    It's hard to find a name that is Star Wars-y, but doesn't sound toooo Star Wars-y, if you smell what I'm cook'n.

New Republic sounds okay, but too serious. Perhaps we'll find a middle ground somewhere.

14. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    any suggestions then? I guess the whole title would be The New Republic of San Francisco Fan Force... Though yeah it does a tad too serious. That's why I kinda opted for the little add on at the end (special edition, remastered etc...) hmmmm... Hard to see, this name is...

15. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    San Fran Force: Episode 2 ;)

*throws two pennies on the table and backs away to see what happens*

16. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    haha... I actually like it. Thanks for the two cents Bridget! Should we add something like "Attack of the Club". lol

17. Rogue6

Mar 12, 2002
    I like Bridget's submission.

18. The_Rock

The_Rock Jedi Youngling

Jun 12, 2003
    why episode II?why not I?

19. padme_skywalkr

Nov 21, 2002
    Bcause there was a SF Fan Force....long time ago in a galaxt far, far away...........plus Ep I isnt on my top list for SW movies....Since we're on the subject of movies..How about 'A New Hope' or 'Return of the Jedi'......**giggles**

20. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Looks like Episode 2 would bring up explainations that we won't go into again... lol A New Hope and Return of the Jedi... haha... nice. ;) Hmmm... see that's why I thought NR was good it's obscure enough so that not everyone would dwell on the significants of the symbolism. Anyway, we'll have to brain storm some more.

Hey! how about "The New Jedi Order"? That's a cool name I think!

21. Rogue6

Mar 12, 2002
    ah,,, New Jedi Order sounds pretty cool. kind of Elitess (spelling?) though

22. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Hey what's so bad about being elite? Your a Rogue you know! ;)

23. Rogue6

Mar 12, 2002
    Obviously, but this represents the city as a whole, and while we are a great bunch, we shouldn't come off as pompus.

24. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Dude! How The New Jedi Order sounding pompus? It's a series of books written after the Empire surrenders and works out a deal with the New Republic and then the galaxy fights the Vong... and we aren't a great bunch actually. I don't think it sounds pompus... That's a bit rash Six. I mean take a look at the other Cities in Cali's Fan Force club names:

http://boards.theforce.net/default.asp?cat=10045

They're similiar to NJO or New Republic.

25. Rogue6

Mar 12, 2002
    I was thinking of it from a certain point of view.

It is a good name actually, don't get me wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.